Can Coming To Thailand Make You Bisexual?

thenervoussurgeon

Jeez, what an interesting question ...'Can coming to Thailand make you bisexual'... I put this in the same basket as .... 'Can coming to Africa make you a negro'.

No thats a stupid analogy,how can you turn black by going to Africa ? read the question ,i never knew him to be attracted to anyone but women in 20 odd years and i doubt if he had even seen a transexuall ,but after seeing them has he become bisexual? i never saw him take any interest in the gay men here.

He's still interested in females. Ladyboys are females with an extra feature or not if they've been cut. Case closed.

This guy r-e-a-l-l-y hasn't got a clue about Ladyboys ; big mistake to generalize them, it proves you're just a talker, and i'm being polite here.

Case closed,sic!

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he does not go for gay men,

but still goes for women and sometimes ladyboys,

bisexual is the only conclusion.

Perhaps this is just my lack of knowledge of bisexuality, but I think bi-sexual men find masculine looking men attractive?

If you had any understanding of the psychology of "Ladyboys" etc. you'd realize how inane that statement is. A majority of them are 'women' in a 'mans' body, essentially to the point of being born with the wrong body parts which surgery now allows them to correct.

Right.. though it seems that a large majority does not get full conversion surgery. That would seem they are most comfortable being themselves, neither fully male nor fully female.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

What gives me hope and brings a smile to my face, is seeing the open mindedness of some whenever this topic appears . Those willing to step beyond the constraints of fear and single mindedness and look for what is possible . What saddens me is ,......well, the rest.

Not many people are being closed minded. We are saying accept yourself as you are, don't try to say you are not gay when you are gay. Being gay is OK!

Just to clarify,...are you suggesting that anyone who has had an encounter with a Ladybro,....is gay ?,....and that , of course , is OK ! ?

If he does not go for gay men,

but still goes for women and sometimes ladyboys,

bisexual is the only conclusion.

Perhaps this is just my lack of knowledge of bisexuality, but I think bi-sexual men find masculine looking men attractive?

If you had any understanding of the psychology of "Ladyboys" etc. you'd realize how inane that statement is. A majority of them are 'women' in a 'mans' body, essentially to the point of being born with the wrong body parts which surgery now allows them to correct.

Right.. though it seems that a large majority does not get full conversion surgery. That would seem they are most comfortable being themselves, neither fully male nor fully female.

Holding discussions with ladyboys who work the sex trade has indicated that a large proportion of ladyboys keep their penis' because the tourists like them. This again suggests that they are indeed comfortable being themselves even if they hold a dream to live a less complicated life as females.

That's a popular point of view, but it's a lot more than just "pretending". Surgery, hormones - it's a huge effort. Many of these ladies start taking hormones from the age of puberty. It's hardly like they wake up one day and say "I want to pretend I'm a woman". They actually feel like woman who were born with the wrong body parts.

Oooor..... they want to dodge military service....

totster biggrin.png

they'll fight TO BE in the military service, it'sa Heavenly place for them,.....obviously....

What gives me hope and brings a smile to my face, is seeing the open mindedness of some whenever this topic appears . Those willing to step beyond the constraints of fear and single mindedness and look for what is possible . What saddens me is ,......well, the rest.

Not many people are being closed minded. We are saying accept yourself as you are, don't try to say you are not gay when you are gay. Being gay is OK!

Just to clarify,...are you suggesting that anyone who has had an encounter with a Ladybro,....is gay ?,....and that , of course , is OK ! ?

I suppose you would call them "bi-curious". Which is--of course--OK!

Ongoing encounters with lady boys exclusively would be gay, yes. Ongoing encounters with ladyboys and females would be bi-sexual. Both also OK.

(Unless they REALLY didn't know, and were somehow duped. I think that's a relatively small number, however.)

On the topic of attraction, this was quite a popular picture during the Olympics.

post-64232-0-04412200-1345445649_thumb.j

According to many in this topic, if you find the top one attractive you're straight. If you find the bottom one attractive you're gay/homo/bi/deviant.

I dont find either attractive. If I know its a man, I have no urges what so ever.

On the topic of attraction, this was quite a popular picture during the Olympics.

According to many in this topic, if you find the top one attractive you're straight. If you find the bottom one attractive you're gay/homo/bi/deviant.

****Assuming you are talking about SEXUAL attraction***

No, you're gay in both cases.

I dont find either attractive. If I know its a man, I have no urges what so ever.

And THAT is called heterosexual.

While not caring one way or the other and having nothing whatsoever against ladyboys ,they are not women ,biologically they are still men ,unless they have a womb and can have children.

Visually they are females. Jingthing is trying to educate you, but you've closed your mind.

Allow me to elaborate. A bisexual is a person attracted to men and women. Your friend is not attracted to men therefor he cannot be bisexual.

There is no way a ladyboy can be considered a man. Some of them are so feminine that the keenest eye can not tell them apart from a normal female. Even the Thais understand this and when they are mentioned in the media they often referred to as a 3rd gender.

There's another point you probably haven't considered. Your friend may be into anal intercourse and oral sex - something ladyboys excel at - and there's no risk of pregnancy.

How dare you infer the females do not also excel in those areas....... After all are they not virtual Sofia Vergara's ??

I suppose you would call them "bi-curious". Which is--of course--OK!

Ongoing encounters with lady boys exclusively would be gay, yes. Ongoing encounters with ladyboys and females would be bi-sexual. Both also OK.

(Unless they REALLY didn't know, and were somehow duped. I think that's a relatively small number, however.)

Thank you for the clarification,....now i can safely fit you in with ,..." the rest ". And that is of cousre,...OK !

Edited by carvets

Please remove the word "deviant", thank you.

• Like 1

Motto , i am giving my sources, you are not, You are not worth discussing this topic with...........

What sources do you want?

That's ok too. But come to terms with yourself. You're in denial--not healthy.

I don't mind. It lets us know where people are coming from. coffee1.gif
  • Like 1

This is what we call becoming "Thai-Curious" not Bi-curious....totally normal. In fact, Most of the LB bars are the top earners at Nana Plaza. Your "friend" is just another casualty of the charms of Thailand's third gender. Mai Law, Mai Rue--never try, never know. Think of it like shagging a unicorn, or Sasquatch, maybe even something out of a Greek myth. You just don't find em anywhere else but LOS. Walk into Cascades sometime and try not to get a boner....impossible.

• Like 1

It's there because another poster (who largely agrees with your general viewpoint) used it. Check back in the first couple pages; posts by Beetlejuice. Also there are two accepted meanings of the word; See: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/deviant (One of them is just 'differing from the norm')

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

All depends were you on the receiving or giving end......I mean were the ladyboys.....not judging again...just asking?

Well i dont know which end he was onbiggrin.png as i didnt like to ask ,but whatever end he seemed to have had a great time and says he is coming back , as to him being gay i dont think he is ,even i can look at some ladyboys and think they are attractive ,but must admit i have never wanted to go with one as what they have down below i already have myself and the attraction of women was they had what i didnt ,if you get my drift.

If they can afford it ... or have a boyfriend who can ... some ladyboys no longer have the same as you "down below." I have an American friend who's lived in Thailand twenty-five years ... speaks fluent Thai ... and has been with many hundreds of Thai women ...... and he was fooled for three months until his "girl"-friend's friend betrayed her and told him the truth.

He said the instant he was told, he began to have lots of flash-backs of past clues that at the time he didn't catch. Things like ... during sex her saying "no turn the light, I too shy" and while she had a vagina, it felt "different."

He still says she treated him better than any woman in his life ... and ditto for the smoke jobs. But when he confronted his ladyboy and she confessed .... and despite her reminding him "But you say you love me many, many times" .... he split and never looked back.

I suspect that many farangs go with ladyboys with vaginas and they never, ever know.

Ironically, the vagina is made from a removed section of the ladyboy's rectum. Thus even though her man is putting it in her "vagina" he's actually putting it is her bum.

Anyway, to each his own .... or ignorance is bliss.

Edited by HerbalEd

This just don't apply to Farangs...Many Thai Ladys I know have a hugh Fear of losing there Thai Man to a Ladyboy...No Stretch Marks--No sagging boobs and generally much better looking...Thai Ladyboys Love Thai men....Not only Farangs..

• Like 1

This subject would be fantastic for a documentary on Thailand and tourism. There was another article recently about Ladyboys being allowed to dress as girls for a graduation ceremony at a school or university. Where else in the world would this be allowed or happen? It would cause an uproar in every place I can think of, except in Thailand. If the moral constraints of society are relaxed, people will do a lot of things they secretly want to do, like have sex with a transgender, where if they did so openly in their own country they would be labeled or attacked, mostly likely.

You are slightly wrong here, there was a case this summer In the UK where a "boy" legally won the right to sit his exams in a dress. Edited by RabC

This subject would be fantastic for a documentary on Thailand and tourism. There was another article recently about Ladyboys being allowed to dress as girls for a graduation ceremony at a school or university. Where else in the world would this be allowed or happen? It would cause an uproar in every place I can think of, except in Thailand. If the moral constraints of society are relaxed, people will do a lot of things they secretly want to do, like have sex with a transgender, where if they did so openly in their own country they would be labeled or attacked, mostly likely.

You are slightly wrong here, there was a case this summer In the UK where a "boy" legally won the right to sit his exams in a dress.

More than slightly wrong. Transgender people openly live their lives dressed as their true sex in a number of countries these days. Not saying it is easy for those who can't pass as the new sex. Thailand is not as advanced as many people think. Gay and trans people are openly mocked on Thai t.v, by leading Thai politicians, and they don't enjoy any legal protections against discrimination. Trans people can't change their IDs to their true sex which is something which trans Thai activists have identified as their first primary goal. They aren't even close to winning it.
  • Like 2

Ladyboys are men pretending to be women.

What is the difference between a male "chromosomed" person pretending to be a women and a female "chromosomed" person pretending to be a women?

Are both not pretending to be a women?

An effeminate gay man is not a ladyboy. Transgender people FEEL that inside they were born in the wrong sex. Gay males no matter if masculine of effeminate, think they were born in the right sex. There are also very effeminate straight men. I knew one once who was a big star in a transvestite cabaret. Straight as an arrow in the bed, wife and many kids.

Edited by Jingthing

Ladyboys are men pretending to be women.

What is the difference between a male "chromosomed" person pretending to be a women and a female "chromosomed" person pretending to be a women?

Are both not pretending to be a women?

No. One IS a woman and one IS NOT.