Should I Stay Or Should I Go

killerk

so have allready a house in BKK and meself a bit if salary,have a job offer for 5 years with higher salary but in EU , and my wife works if we save for 5 years and eith savings move to TL to invest in more real estate would we be oke? if we go now i will keep a bit of salary but wife have to work for much lesser in BKK .....decisions , decisions

Edited by killerk

Needing more detail Sir........however look at lifestyle first then salary second..........there are people going to court today to be sentenced to 5 years in prison.......would you enjoy living in the EU?.......or would it feel like a prison sentence?

Would you end up spending the increased salary taking regular holidays back in Thailand?

You haven't mentioned if your wife is Thai.....has she been out of the country yet?.......where is the job in the EU?.......a warm climate?......an interesting place?

Details.......we need more details so we can judge and have a good argument about it.........however I think lifestyle comes first.

No doubt there will be someone along soon to argue that point.

ok sorry for textmessage style post , so wife is Thai i can go to thailand and behold a reasonable salary and my wife has ajob offer in thailand for 5 years but with Thai salary , we dont have savings but a house in BKK .... if we chiose to stay in Eu we will be staying in Netherlnds and Belgium , she will work as she does now with EU salary and i can change my job with 5 year in the chemical industry then we save and earn for 5 years and sell house and live in Thailand , decisions decisions , we are both in 30's

ok sorry for textmessage style post , so wife is Thai i can go to thailand and behold a reasonable salary and my wife has ajob offer in thailand for 5 years but with Thai salary , we dont have savings but a house in BKK .... if we chiose to stay in Eu we will be staying in Netherlnds and Belgium , she will work as she does now with EU salary and i can change my job with 5 year in the chemical industry then we save and earn for 5 years and sell house and live in Thailand , decisions decisions , we are both in 30's

Lifestyle first money second

You are still both young enough for a mistake to be rectified by time. Whatever you decide to do just make sure you hit the ground running and get on with building your lives with no regrets about leaving the 'other option' behind.

Now Man up and get on with it !

You don't have savings, but you have a house in BKK.

You need savings.

Stay where you are, both keep working, keep earning those EU rates, get some savings behind you and then think again.

Netherlands/Belgian border area, Chemical Industry - B-op-Z by any chance? (spent some of the happiest times of my life in that area - can't see living there being anything of a hardship).

What is it that you don't like about the EU? Why is Thailand so much better? Do you have children? Do you plan to have children in the future?

From the limited information you have given, moving to Thailand would appear to be a terrible decision.

Edited by farang000999

Thailand will still be here in ten or fifteen years time, it's not going anywhere, and it's not a forgiving environment to be caught short of funds in.

Put your noses to the grindstone and build up those savings and investments - you two haven't reached maximum earning potential yet.

Good grief, I sound like b_n__x.blink.png

Edited by SimonD
  • Like 1

Many are quick to say go back toEU,but from your OP I don't agree

You said you have a good job with a good salary lined up in BKK (not sure about your definition of good)

Also your wife has a job lined up making a Thai Salary ( if she is a professional then salary may not be that low.... Especially after about 5 yrs

Also you have a house in BKK so no

Mortgage or rent needed

Also if you sell your EU house and invest those funds for about 20yrs(only in your 30s)

It sounds like you should have a comfortable life and retirement even if you move to Thailand

You don't have savings, but you have a house in BKK.

You need savings.

Stay where you are, both keep working, keep earning those EU rates, get some savings behind you and then think again.

Netherlands/Belgian border area, Chemical Industry - B-op-Z by any chance? (spent some of the happiest times of my life in that area - can't see living there being anything of a hardship).

What GuestHouse said.

Saving for the next 5 years will give you a better lifestyle in Bangkok when you move here on lower wages.

Edit: CWMc, the OP doesn't say he has a good salary lined up in Bangkok, it says he has a good salary in EU.

Edited by PattayaParent

ok sorry for textmessage style post , so wife is Thai i can go to thailand and behold a reasonable salary and my wife has ajob offer in thailand for 5 years but with Thai salary , we dont have savings but a house in BKK ....

He mentions in the above that he would have a "reasonable salary" in Thailand

Not sure about his definition of "reasonable" but if comes any where close to my definition (I am working in Thailand for a local Thai company and receiving a "reasonable salary")

.... Then I stick my earlier post

Edited by CWMcMurray

thnx 4 the good reply cwm , i dont have morgage or rent in TL , my house in EU after all the morgage and shiping stuff by container will have a bit left , now about myself: i can choose or have a standard income around 30-40k in TL or keep working for more 60-65k, its a upportunity that i have at the moment , but hard too choose , wife can work 4 goverment first 2 years with her dad than dad reitres ,she has also 2 houses on for her parents and one for rent but not much and third house is ours and morgage free , planning to make kids within 1 or 2 years (we are 8 years married) , im just sick of EU for example in netherlands alone every day 355 people emigrate to abroad,healthcare and social system is ok but not like most of the people think ,belgium is better but changing also to EU style add up criminality and immigration of other eastern europeans messed up the richer countries,all that keeps me here is the job and my mom she will stay alone here in her own little world , but my heart is in Thailand. thanx again for the people that took time to reply normally :-) i am just looking for opinions of other expats etc. that are hopefully more experienced than me ...

Edited by killerk