Where To Find An English Speaking Bookkeeper In Cm?

TravelerEastWest

Where to find an English speaking Bookkeeper in CM?

I am looking for some good CM websites or resources for finding a bookkeeper that can speak English.

A 4 year degree is not needed - 2 years would work. As the work is mostly inventory and shipping related not financial statements.

I went to a 2 year commercial college and never heard back from them.

The labor department unemployment office is a consideration but I have not had good luck there in the past.

My neighbor is an accountant that speak Engish with me. perfect no, but enough

She get funny low ball offers for work 90% of the time. "work 28 10 hour days a month for 9000 Bt."

She's not interested in jobs like that nor are most educated english speakers.

Would you ?

My neighbor is an accountant that speak Engish with me. perfect no, but enough

She get funny low ball offers for work 90% of the time. "work 28 10 hour days a month for 9000 Bt."

She's not interested in jobs like that nor are most educated english speakers. Would you ?

Thank you for your information Jeffrey.

From what I see in Chiang Mai 26 days a month is the norm - (I work more than that myself)

8 hour days are normal over that is overtime at 1.5 unless a manager.

If your friend is a bookkeeper just out of a two year vocational college degree and speaks English very well around 12,000 a month (less without the English)

If she has a 4 year accounting degree with good grades right out of school around 15,000 more with English skills.

Does she know any bookkeepers with very good English skills?

She is mid 30's and been doing this for years

If she has only a 2 year degree perhaps 20,000 per month with her experience.

With a 4 year degree more especially if she is a smart accountant and not just a bookkeeper. a lot willd epend on her English skills can she prepare reports and business letters in correct business English? If not her English is of limited use.

Now back to the topic - any ideas on how I can find a really good bookkeeper with a 2 year degree who speaks Englsih very well?

In addition to the website above I am trying a community newsletter and a sign on my gate as well as asking current staff to talk to their friends.

At the rate you want to pay you wont find it

a non educated workers is now at a minimum of 9000 bt

with a degree the starting rate is 15000 for a basic office worker

Add English skills.

what you want to pay is 1/4 of what she makes and she works from her home

I thank you for your comments but you are way off track for Chaing Mai.

More sources are personal experiences hiring staff - talking to other employers, the Chiang Mai Labor department*, and talking to bookkeepers with jobs about their current jobs and their friends who may be looking for a job.

There is no law for 15,000 baht salaries for 4 year degrees for any office outside of government offices that I am aware of. Please show me the law and I will be very grateful, as i do not read Thai and may be missing something. Of course the current government has been talking about what you suggest... but so far only talk.

Non educated workers in Chiang Mai certainly don't typically start at 9,000 again what makes you think this? i think currently the minimum is 251 baht per day by law. 26 days times 251 is roughly 6,526 baht per month.

You say your friend works from home and makes a multiple of normal salaries - sounds like she has her own business - and it she may or may not make what she says she does. I am not sure why but quite often in Thailand people stte gross income not including office rent, electricty and so on..

*I recently spent 3 hours looking through the Chiang Mai labor departments binders for those looking for work for bookkeeping and other areas. plenty of experienced people with 4 year degrees who will work for less than 15,000 right out of school. How good they are I can't say.