I Am Sure This Makes Sense In Thailand, Not Elsewhere?

tartempion

I have a one year deposit account with TMB, expiring 30 august.

It's my 2013 800K budget for next year, I transferred last year thinking euro would fall, and indeed.

Anyway, need to keep it in the bank until January for my retirement extension, not an other year, deposit will be renewed automatically if I do not give other instructions.

Thus went to TMB yesterday, for nothing.

They told me I should come to visit them exactly on 30 august to give my new instructions.

I will need to close this account and open a new one etc etc bla bla bla

Arai na? It's a 100km return trip to the bank, they can't take care of this one week before expiration day?

And if I hit that bank the 31st I will be too late?

#*@$%^&*

TMB was the unique bank that cheat me two times when I get moneygrams transfers one in Ao Nang and another in Nakhon Sawan or Sukhothai I don't remember, I will never use again, with Bangkok Bank or SCB I never have problems,

Buy one laptop for the price of two!!

xD in Chiang Mai I bought this laptop in IT city and after a month when I check my passbook and I saw that they charge me for two laptos!!! I come back to IT city and i call Bankok Bank, I was fearing that they eat my money in some tricky way, but not, in ten minutes I went with some customer service girl from IT city to the office of Bangkok Bank and The customer service of Bangkok Bank tell me that they will fix the problem in less than 24 hours, next day in the morning my money comeback to my account without more problems!!! in my country maybe take one month and a big fight using the consumer protection law since the business are really cheaty... so cheers for Bangkok Bank

I have been dealing with Government departments and banks in the UK claiming all monies due to my wife's aunt after her widowhood. The Halifax sent a bankers draft for the credit amount in her late husband's acount and when I presented it to Bangkok Bank to be credited to her bank account I was told that there would be a commission charge of 3K baht plus the transfer costs. I asked to see the manager and he confirmed that that was the case.

In riposte I told him that the account would be closed the following day and that she would collect cash and open an account with UOB bank which so she did. As was to be expected his attitude was 'up to you'. I favour UOB as it is a Singapore bank with the hopeful expectation that they are more sensible with an eye to customer service and satisfaction than Thai banks. I returned the banker's draft to the Halifax and arranged for a telegraphic transfer from my offshore bank to Aunty's account for the equivalent amount. The Halifax then after receipt of the paperwork relating to the transfer recompensed me by making a transfer to my offshore account.