What Are You Eating For Breakfast Most Days?

Jingthing

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last 3 mornings, pancakes with squashed lady finger bananas topped with honey, rolled up and topped with cream....mmmm

Tomorrow...fried bread.

French toast would be better...plenty off egg yolk in the mix.

Or just ten smokes and a coffee/Tiger.

hmmpf.....french toast is a poor comparison to fried bread, buttered both sides, fried in a pan and sprinkled with salt and pepper...mmmmm

Don't suppose it matters if you like coffee flavoured beer after 10 smokes.

Last 3 mornings, pancakes with squashed lady finger bananas topped with honey, rolled up and topped with cream....mmmm

Tomorrow...fried bread.

French toast would be better...plenty off egg yolk in the mix.

Or just ten smokes and a coffee/Tiger.

hmmpf.....french toast is a poor comparison to fried bread, buttered both sides, fried in a pan and sprinkled with salt and pepper...mmmmm

Don't suppose it matters if you like coffee flavoured beer after 10 smokes.

A fried slice is all right for mopping up the beans I suppose.....

I buy 1kg bag frozen raspberries and a 375g each bag of blueberries and of blackberries (all Thai not imported). Mix them all together when I get them home and freeze into breakfast sized portions to be eaten with home made yoghurt. Occasionally I put a handful of almonds in with the fruit. Wish I could find more berries for variety, only seen Waitrose and they are so expensive I can't bring myself to it. Got a particular hankering for blackberries at the moment for some reason.

Husband has muesli with a chopped up banana and kiwi fruit every morning, sometimes with yoghurt, sometimes with milk, sometimes a mix of both.

Makes us sound really healthy doesn't it? Must be the crap we eat the rest of the day that keeps our weight from going down.

4 boiled eggs

4 whole wheat toats

followed by

120g rice with ketchup, 2 tbsp sunflower oil and 2 boiled eggs

You must be quite large?

trying to build some muscles at the gym

Bulking up ? That is old school. But for people who are hardgainers it might be useful.

Many of the people responding to this thread seem to be so careful about what they eat.

If you look at the size of most of the expats walking around Thailand then the question becomes not one of what you eat but how much you eat.

Dit it ever occur to you that people posting in this thread might not be the average expat.

Also, i think its more a problem of how much people drink (alcohol). Many guys here are totally into the night life and go to bars all the time. Those beers add up for sure.

Many of the people responding to this thread seem to be so careful about what they eat.

If you look at the size of most of the expats walking around Thailand then the question becomes not one of what you eat but how much you eat.

That's certainly my problem. I'm over Thai food, haven't eaten it for a couple of years but have a well equipped kitchen and an endless supply of recipes. I usually skip lunch and cook dinner every night unless we go out. It's all about portion control. The portions of western food here seem far too big, but I've just come back from England for 2 months (with an extra 10 (TEN) kg in tow and I couldn't believe the size of the plates. It seems to be about quantity not quality. As I eased my way back into 'normal' eating habbits I was ordering off the childrens menu - that was more than enough for me never mind a child and my home cooked portions aren't really small. Didn't take long to get back into the swing of things though and I was clearing a dustbin lid size plate almost daily.

And don't forget the alcohol - it really adds up then you get the muchies. I'm officially off the booze until I shed my 10kg.

That's certainly my problem. I'm over Thai food, haven't eaten it for a couple of years but have a well equipped kitchen and an endless supply of recipes. I usually skip lunch and cook dinner every night unless we go out. It's all about portion control. The portions of western food here seem far too big, but I've just come back from England for 2 months (with an extra 10 (TEN) kg in tow and I couldn't believe the size of the plates. It seems to be about quantity not quality. As I eased my way back into 'normal' eating habbits I was ordering off the childrens menu - that was more than enough for me never mind a child and my home cooked portions aren't really small. Didn't take long to get back into the swing of things though and I was clearing a dustbin lid size plate almost daily.

And don't forget the alcohol - it really adds up then you get the muchies. I'm officially off the booze until I shed my 10kg.

There's a number of related problems. The climate here mitigates against getting exercise except during the early morning and evening. Most people have a lot of time on their hands. Food generally and eating out particularly are quite cheap and food just stares you in the face wherever you go. It probably takes quite a lot of discipline to have fun yet stay slim in Pattaya.

I bake a few potatoes and then let them sit overnight so the flavor gets really strong. The next morning they get chopped up on my cast iron skillet along with a pat of butter, one diced sweet yellow onion, clove of garlic and maybe some red or yellow bell peppers if I have some. In America we'd call this "home fries". It's one of the few things I can make cheaply here that really takes me back. Then I'll fry an egg on the same skillet and eat it with either bacon or ham between two slices of toast. I do all this perhaps once or twice per week.

The other days, muesli and coffee is sufficient.

• Like 1

Dit it ever occur to you that people posting in this thread might not be the average expat.

Also, i think its more a problem of how much people drink (alcohol). Many guys here are totally into the night life and go to bars all the time. Those beers add up for sure.

I've been known to drink as many as three small Leo's in one week.

I eat mainly Thai food and fruit, hardly any fats, sugar or fizzy drinks.

But

I do admit to a weakness to a hot latte with half a teaspoon of brown sugar every day.

Edited by TommoPhysicist