What Are You Eating For Breakfast Most Days?

Jingthing

I'm under the impression that many people eat the same thing for breakfast most all the time. I'm definitely like that. So what is your STANDARD breakfast these days and how flexible are you about it?

Here is mine these days:

Very small portion of high quality muesli with no sugar added or even sugared dried fruit

Very small portion of unsweetened German corn flakes

Tablespoon of ground flax seeds

A small portion of honey on top

One sliced banana

One other sliced fruit of the day: apple, papaya, or melon

Topped with a mixture of very cold water and unsweetened soy milk, ratio about 1 soy milk to 4 water. The soy milk is high fat so it is still a rich milk topping

It kind of shocks me how anal I am about this breakfast. It would be disturbing to not have any key ingredients in stock for it. Bananas especially are a little tricky because of the ripening issues.

I have this breakfast every day. Over time sometimes the cereal elements change, such as if Grape Nuts are on sale I would use instead of Muesli.

So what is your breakfast ritual? Somehow I doubt most people are as obsessive as me on this. But it might be fun to hear about it.

• Like 1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

being an early bird which means "no service" i eat whatever leftovers of last night's supper i find in the fridges which can be eaten cold or take no more than a couple of microwave minutes to heat up. in most cases it is a curry.

muesli/cereals, soy milk or any milk, flaxseed and the like i abhor like advanced decomposed sea mammal not fit for human consumption laugh.png

• Like 1

espresso x 2 to get me moving (you can imagine)

then some high fibre organic type cereal or similar without milk

off to the gym

return to have protein shake.

some sliced up raw garlic

some mints to hide the smell.

reminds me of a joke. what does a guy with a 12 inch >>> have for breakfast?

today I had bacon and eggs. ;)

Similar to you JJ, but I go for 4 spoons of rolled oats, 1 spoon muesli cooked for 2 minutes with a cover of water. After heating I stir-in soy milk, add sliced bananas -at least 2 large ones in quantity although the type will vary depending what is currently available from the garden, plus any other seasonal fruit available but usually a choice of grapes, apple, farang (guava), or dragonfruit. This is then topped off with a handful of cornflakes (Makro brand). To drink I microwave a cup of blended tea (Japanese green, malaysian black) to which I have already added lemongrass. I make this every 3 days and keep in the fridge, drinking cold during the day, but in the morning always warm with added lime juice and Thai honey.

I have always had the same breakfasts for many consecutive months (American= straight months!) only occasionally inserting a full English/American breakfast into the routine.

For example, before my current breakfast I used to have home-made tomato sauce on toasted home-made wholewheat bread. - Not like Heinze ketchup, just whole blended fresh tomatoes with chilli flakes and some brown sugar, garlic and finely chopped onions with virgin olive oil, all cooked down to a sauce, made in bulk, batched and frozen in breakfast size portions.

I'm not a "morning" person, so it's great to have food that I can make when I'm on autopilot, plus it keeps the shopping list easy!

Where do you get your unsweetened soy milk from and what's the brand name?

Similar to you JJ, but I go for 4 spoons of rolled oats, 1 spoon muesli cooked for 2 minutes with a cover of water. After heating I stir-in soy milk, add sliced bananas -at least 2 large ones in quantity although the type will vary depending what is currently available from the garden, plus any other seasonal fruit available but usually a choice of grapes, apple, farang (guava), or dragonfruit. This is then topped off with a handful of cornflakes (Makro brand). To drink I microwave a cup of blended tea (Japanese green, malaysian black) to which I have already added lemongrass. I make this every 3 days and keep in the fridge, drinking cold during the day, but in the morning always warm with added lime juice and Thai honey.

I have always had the same breakfasts for many consecutive months (American= straight months!) only occasionally inserting a full English/American breakfast into the routine.

Honestly, that sounds so involved that I was thinking you were writing a satire of a health food breakfast!

Anyway, unsweetened soy milk brands, Silk and Kikkoman, available at most expat groceries in Pattaya anyway.

One thing that I find really funny is that I have never found a commercial soy milk product that is BOTH low fat AND no sugar. You can find no sugar. You can find low fat. But you can't find both. They know some of their market likes either of them, do they think nobody would buy the combo? Anyway, not a problem for me as I dilute the stuff and it saves me money ...

Edited by Jingthing

I have never seen the soy milk brands you mention. All the ones available to me are sweetened, but I don't have local access to expat groceries. Next time I'm in Bkk though I'll have a look for them. Thanks.

Yes, I agree about the choices here, but Thais don't seem to bother too much about health as it relates to food. -yet.

I have never seen the soy milk brands you mention. All the ones available to me are sweetened, but I don't have local access to expat groceries. Next time I'm in Bkk though I'll have a look for them. Thanks.

Yes, I agree about the choices here, but Thais don't seem to bother too much about health as it relates to food. -yet.

Yes they aren't in standard Thai markets, big or small.

Honestly, that sounds so involved that I was thinking you were writing a satire of a health food breakfast!

Anyway, unsweetened soy milk brands, Silk and Kikkoman, available at most expat groceries in Pattaya anyway.

One thing that I find really funny is that I have never found a commercial soy milk product that is BOTH low fat AND no sugar. You can find no sugar. You can find low fat. But you can't find both. They know some of their market likes either of them, do they think nobody would buy the combo? Anyway, not a problem for me as I dilute the stuff and it saves me money ...

V-Soy high calcium no sugar added

Per container 230 cc

4.5 g 7% total fat

0.5 g 3% saturated fat

2 g Sugar

0% cholestorol

V-Soy high calcium no sugar added

Per container 230 cc

4.5 g 7% total fat

0.5 g 3% saturated fat

2 g Sugar

0% cholestorol

Not bad. Will have to look for that. Low fat soy milk products I think are typically 2 percent but 3 percent isn't bad.

Usually two cups of black coffee. Then 45 to 60 minutes of Cardiovascular exercise, 20 to 30 minutes weight training. Then I eat a couple pieces of fruit. An apple and a banana most often. I have found over the years that eating prior to a workout is a mistake for me. It is only 6 days a week by the way.

Where do you buy Flaxseed?

muesli/cereals, soy milk or any milk, flaxseed and the like i abhor like advanced decomposed sea mammal not fit for human consumption laugh.png

I don't like milk milk either. Soy milk isn't milk.

Soy milk isn't fit for human consumption. Yeaghhh

Same as Tofu :wacko:

sent from my Wellcom A90+

• Like 2

I always look forward to my hot oatmeal or Alpen musli topped with natural yogurt and two cups of coffee with milk ....but if it's a late breakfast after a big night out I'll have either peanut butter (I stock up on the unsweetened brand whenever I see it) or sardines on wholewheat toast and a berocca (with panadol if needed) Breakfast for me really is the most important meal, couldn't ever miss it!

I always look forward to my hot oatmeal or Alpen musli topped with natural yogurt and two cups of coffee with milk ....but if it's a late breakfast after a big night out I'll have either peanut butter (I stock up on the unsweetened brand whenever I see it) or sardines on wholewheat toast and a berocca (with panadol if needed) Breakfast for me really is the most important meal, couldn't ever miss it!

What is your nationality ?, seems to me breakfast varies hugely by nationality. smile.png

What is your nationality ?, seems to me breakfast varies hugely by nationality. smile.png

Shall i do a wild guess.. Australian. Just look in the name biggrin.png