Where To Get A Full Health Check Up, Extensive Tests Etc?

davejonesbkk

I was watching this documentary recently:

At aorund the 13.30 mark the presenter talks about how he is someone who is thin on the outside but fat inside ie lots of fat around his organs and in his blood, he found this out accidentally it seems and also it can easily lead to diabetes. This got me wondering, I dont think I ever had a full health check up and maybe I should get one? I would want to have the fat content of my body and blood etc measured and tested for numerous ailments and anything else I should be aware of.

Where can I get this done and how much would it cost?

Loads of places. Your best bet (and by far the cheapest would be to go to one of the smaller clinics, especially if you're conversant in Thai. These places are about a tenth of the price of the larger hospitals and the results have always correlated with each other. Failing that, places I have tried are Sukumvit Hospital, which was a very reasonable price,and BNH, which was about 3 times the price of Sukumvit hospital, but I had a free meal voucher and fancy report at the end of it. Aside from that, the tests (and more importantly the results) were the same. Pays yer money, takes yer choice.

Be sure to have your Testosterone, estrogen, dht, free testosterone the readings from these can have a correlation to other heaith issues. Low Testosterone can caude high cholesterol as the body is trying to raise t by makeing more cholestrol.

Unfortunately you DO need to do your homework. The various hospitals offer checkup packages but they'll either leave it to you to decide which you need or if asked automatically try to sell you on the upper end ones. And, the packages aren't very well designed/thought through and to the extent they reflect anything, it is health concerns of Thai males, not of westerners and I have yet to see a place with a decent women's package. (The upper abdominal ultrasound, for example, is because of the higher than average incidence of cancer of the liver here and you would not find it in a routine check up package back home).

The UK NHS and the various cancer societies have info as to suggested screenings. Or if you will provide your age, any key family history and past medical problems, I can make some suggestions.

Be sure to have your Testosterone, estrogen, dht, free testosterone the readings from these can have a correlation to other heaith issues. Low Testosterone can caude high cholesterol as the body is trying to raise t by makeing more cholestrol.

Interesting post. I'm learning everyday. Thanks

Unfortunately you DO need to do your homework. The various hospitals offer checkup packages but they'll either leave it to you to decide which you need or if asked automatically try to sell you on the upper end ones. And, the packages aren't very well designed/thought through and to the extent they reflect anything, it is health concerns of Thai males, not of westerners and I have yet to see a place with a decent women's package. (The upper abdominal ultrasound, for example, is because of the higher than average incidence of cancer of the liver here and you would not find it in a routine check up package back home).

The UK NHS and the various cancer societies have info as to suggested screenings. Or if you will provide your age, any key family history and past medical problems, I can make some suggestions.

That Upper Abdominal Ultrasound is the one part of the physical that saved my life. Do not think it is not necessary. I had a physical about 4 years ago, and the Upper Abdominal Ultrsound showed that I had a Upper Abdominal Aoritic Aneurysm in excess of 5.5 cm. The doctors say it would have burst within a few months and I would likely have died unless I was standing outside a hospital when it happened. This is a silent killer with no symptoms. I was 58 at the time.