Dtac Mobile Network Failure Across Thailand

george

Is/was your DTAC mobile dead today?  

292 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

logo-dtac.png

DTAC mobile network failure across Thailand

Is/was your DTAC mobile dead today?

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's second biggest mobile operator DTAC is down across the country since this morning.

Some users got a "no network" message around 10.00 am, other reports the network to be down around 11.55am. Thaivisa members in Bangkok, Pattaya, Khon Kaen, Phuket, Khao Lak, Pak Kret, Koh Phangan and Songkhla are reporting that the network is dead.

Some users reports that SMS messaging is working but voice calls are not possible.

Thaivisa has tried to contact DTAC customer service center, but to no avail. No information to customers has been posted on DTAC Facebook or Twitter pages, as the company goes silent.

Today NBCT demanded DTAC to explain about its frequent network failures, starting about 10-11am across the country today. NBCT to take action.

NBTC plans to unveil result of talk with DTAC at 4pm today. Fine may reach 8 digits, or over Bt10 mn. Punishment is likely, as this is the 8th failure so far this year.

Is/was your DTAC phone dead today? Answer in our poll.

tvn.png

-- 2012-08-28

Some DTAC users comments on the Thaivisa Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ThaiVisaNews

post-128-0-03073800-1346135122_thumb.png

Edited by george
Updated

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems to be working to/from non-DTAC numbers (you can call to DTAC from another provider such as TT&T and call from DTAC to another provider), but you can't call DTAC to DTAC in some areas (even to the Call Centre). The DTAC office in Pattaya only know there is a "system failure" which they think is due to a "virus attack".

Yesterday I had a similar problem with Kasikorn Bank in Bang Na, where ATMs would only dispense money if the Thai menu was used but would freeze halfway through the same transaction in English; I don't know how widespread this was but this was also put down to a "virus attack".

In my area,East Pattaya, Dtac was completely down for approx 45 minutes from around noon. No 3G, no telephone, no service calls.

Has anyone noticed that Dtac seems to have much more problems as other providers, since many times when i pass a Dtac shop I will see a notice " can not pay bills, system down".

Edited by JanKlaasen

No problems in Surin. My wife has been on phone for most of the morning (as usual) unless , of course, if she is talking to herself and hasn.t noticed yet. LOL

Haha!! The really funny think is that it's a possibility for mine. And,, when she realises ,,, It's my fault.

• Like 1

No issues for me in Bangkok, but am seeing some posts in Thai forums re: a significant outage, but maybe not as bad as the ones late last year?

This could put them on the back foot with the NBTC and the upcoming 3G auction?

Outages from late last year: http://www.telecomas...-network-outage

From their home page:

What a 3g auction?

I thought 4g was coming?

Jesus this place is a joke.