Cheese, Chutney And Pickles

OldeBellPedr

Cheese is one of our specialities here at The Olde Bell. with a range of cheeseboards and a la carte choices. Every three months however we really push the boat out and hold one of our famous Cheese Nights! Tomorrow night (Wednesday 29th August from 7pm to 10pm) you can come along and enjoy some of the finest cheeses currently on offer in Chiang Mai!

You choose 6 cheeses (and/or Pâtés) from a choice of 12 or so. We give you chutneys, Pickles, Crackers & Baguettes. We charge you 295 Baht all in!

Amongst this Cheese nights offerings you could try are :-

English/Aus/NZ Cheeses

Anchor cheddar

Wyke Farm Extra Mature Cheddar

Stilton

Garlic & Herb cream cheese

Goats

Soignon French goats Cheese

Blue

Roquefort,

Danish Blue

Saint Agur

French Soft Cheeses

Reblochon

Brique

Val D’Automne

Dutch and Austrian

Edam

Austrian Smoked

Pâtés

Country Pâtés (Pâté de Campagne)

Smooth Duck Pâté with Port (Mousse de Canard au Porto)

There’ll also be a few specials such as

½ pint of Chang and a portion of Anchor Cheddar 60 Baht

½ pint of Kilkenny and a Portion of Anchor Cheddar 120 Baht

½ pint of Guinness and a Portion of Austrian Smoked 130 Baht

A glass of Port and a portion of Stilton for 170 Baht

A dram of Single Malt Scotch Whisky and a portion of Extra Mature Cheddar 150 Baht

A Bottle of Greengoblin Cider and a portion of Danish blue 270 Baht

A bottle of Magners and a Portion of Reblochon 295 Baht

Thursday Nights are Recession Busting nights!

If you’re watching your Satangs, maybe Thursday night would be more to your liking. Every Thursday until the end of October we have a range of great meals at knock down prices.

Each Thursday we have Fish and Chips for just 100 Baht;

this Thursday we also have a Roast Beef dinner, also for 100 Baht,

Sausage Hash (Sliced British Sausage, Fried Potato and Onions) for 70 Baht,

Spaghetti Bolognese with flakes of Garlic also 70 Baht

and for the Veggies:Aubergine Parmigiana at 100 Baht.

Apart from the Fish and Chips the other offers change each week.

No matter what your budget, you’ll always good food and drinks at The Olde Bell!!

• Like 1

Is Soignon French goats Cheese Feta cheese?

Feta is a Greek cheese and is made from sheep milk, or mostly from sheep milk plus a bit of goats' milk. Or so I believe.

Soignon is 100 per cent goats' milk, and the goats have to be French. Their passports are checked before milking.

It is not so very often I want to be in Chiang Mai but tomorrow evening is one of these days!

Cheese is one of the few things that I cannot get enough of here in Chiang Rai!

But hey, I like Chiang Mai and I like the people in Chiang Mai but I like Chiang Rai a little bit more!

I have already started planning for the next one 3 months from now!

Bon appetit!

Feta is a Greek cheese and is made from sheep milk, or mostly from sheep milk plus a bit of goats' milk. Or so I believe.

Soignon is 100 per cent goats' milk, and the goats have to be French. Their passports are checked before milking.

Silly me I forgot about the passports.sad.png

Soignon French Goats Cheese is Soignon French Goats Cheese.

Feta Cheese is Feta Cheese

I think unsure.png

Uptheos is correct. French goats cheese is French. Feta Cheese is Greek...usually...or Danish....or possibly Australian.

We have soignon French goats cheese. not Feta.

....... I have heard farang smell like cheese. sorry.gif

Probably why my wife loves me ... she has a penchant for Camembert sick.gifblink.png Her Mum gave us a white paste which my wife loves to spread liberally on my under-arms to kill bacteria. It works and is effective fairly long-term. No idea what is though.

Sorry ... bit OFF topic Pedr.

Probably why my wife loves me ... she has a penchant for Camembert sick.gifblink.png Her Mum gave us a white paste which my wife loves to spread liberally on my under-arms to kill bacteria. It works and is effective fairly long-term. No idea what is though.

Sorry ... bit OFF topic Pedr.

I just hope its not Camembert Rob......terrible waste of a fine product!

I heard this too :unsure:

Do you have a recession busting lunch on Thursdays?

The Fish and Chips at 100 Baht is available from 11am-11pm every Thursday. The Roast Beef Dinner, also 10 Baht and the other 70 Baht meal offers are available from 6pm-11pm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

Wow, sad I missed the cheese night. But the 10 baht roast beef dinner sounds good! Anybody want to join tonight?

Have any American cheese or Velveeta? :P:D:lol:

Edited by DerekAbroad

May be a good idea to find out what the stuff is. She may be slowly poisoning you. Would not be the first time it happened in Thailand.

May be a good idea to find out what the stuff is. She may be slowly poisoning you. Would not be the first time it happened in Thailand.

555 pasting your under arms!....probably just alum..you could use a rock of it dampened as a deodorant stick..very effective and cheap..

and now back to or cheesy sponsor...cheesy.gif