Bank Account Singapore, Hongkong, Where?

Currently I have an USD, EUR, HKD account in Hongkong at HSBC.

As we founded a company here in Thailand, it was almost empty for a couple of years and no movement of money.

Now our main investments are done and some money is coming in again I looked at the online banking of the hsbc and it looks incredible difficult.

It seems I can't simply transfer money or even transfer outside like I can do with my European bank account where I just put in the details and transfer.

On Tuesday I want to meet with them, maybe I only missed how to do or need to have something activated, but as I read about many complains I think that maybe another account would be nice.

I read somewhere else that Singapore is that center for banking in Asia, so I consider Singapore.

I need an account that supports:

Euro and

USD

nice would be additionally Yuan. Not important but maybe in future helpful THB and Can$.

International working ATM would be important, nice would be a Creditcard or something with similar function.

Important: Internet banking that does work, where I can do easily international money transfers.

What I plan is just to receive some money and send some money on small scale....not for money laundry, just for hassle free working.

Just a bank account with the usual middle European features.

Any recommendations?

(if it makes a difference, I am Austrian, since 10 years in Thailand)

yoshiwara: I was in HK to open the bank account, but I am not a resident. :-(

Payboy: what do I need to open an account? I have a mobile phone bill of Thailand to proof my resident but DTAC wrote the address in Thai language :-(

I can get Amex send me their statements here if that helps?

Thanks

Hi, try SCB HK. smile.png

Nice Bunch...assuming..?

Standard Chartered is the third British bank to be ensnared in U.S. law-enforcement probes this summer.

Barclays Plc agreed to pay $453 million to settle U.S. and UK probes that it rigged a global benchmark in June.

A month later, a U.S. Senate panel issued a scathing report that criticized HSBC Holding Plc's efforts to police suspect transactions, including Mexican drug traffickers.

A top executive in London shot back: "You f---ing Americans.

Who are you to tell us, the rest of the world, that we're not going to deal with Iranians."

The reply showed "obvious contempt for U.S. banking regulations," the regulator said.

Reuters ...thanks..

Nice Bunch...assuming..?

Standard Chartered is the third British bank to be ensnared in U.S. law-enforcement probes this summer.

Barclays Plc agreed to pay $453 million to settle U.S. and UK probes that it rigged a global benchmark in June.

A month later, a U.S. Senate panel issued a scathing report that criticized HSBC Holding Plc's efforts to police suspect transactions, including Mexican drug traffickers.

Who are you to tell us, the rest of the world, that we're not going to deal with Iranians."

The reply showed "obvious contempt for U.S. banking regulations," the regulator said.

Reuters ...thanks..

SCB HK has easy online transfers though. :)

Nice Bunch...assuming..?

Reuters ...thanks..

"Who are you to tell us, the rest of the world, that we're not going to deal with Iranians"

If the bank is, as it seems interested in liberty and freedom I am of course more interested to go with that bank.

Thanks for your posting.

I have friends in China and US that have the multicurrency HSBC online accounts; they are easy to open with passport/ID and proof of address. If you just keep a minimum of HKD5000 in the account then there are no charges.

One thing though; you need to activate the cashcard before you leave HK otherwise they don't work as a US friend found out!

yoshiwara: I was in HK to open the bank account, but I am not a resident. :-(

Although you are not required to be a resident to open an account, HSBC (as will others I assume) be careful with anybody who walks off the street to open an account.

It does help in opening an account if you are accompanied by a HK resident to 'vouch' for you.

Re your point re standing orders easiest to set those up when inside HK.

There is a Premier Branch in arrivals in Terminal 1 and a 'normal' branch across the way in Terminal 2.

• 2 months later...