New Kawi Z-800 Leaked From Thailand?

bbradsby

What's that last colum?

Must be the down plus the insurance and any other extras.

Yeah it is the down ++ as it reads Jai Wan Ok Rot

Or literally "pay on the day to ok the bike"

The first column says Daao or down payment

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PS: That extra + part at the end is kind of high isn't it?

It is 18,189 for either of the two financed deals if you subtract the down.

Registration & govt insurance is usually less than 2k

So I guess insurance on these is running around 16k?

What are you guys paying for your 1000's insurance wise per year?

Edited by mania

so for a better equation, we can say it is 100 k more than same spec kawa er6n.

this makes it a nobrainer for a naked in Thailand right away for many at this price point and specs regarding price/performance.

i think 25k is fair for abs. it is 15 k for a single disc 250cc here, dont forget.

but no green color? why kawa!?

Mine was fixed around 16k with krungsi finance but i know it was closer to 20k when the z1k went to 660,000 as my friend was shopping them.

• Like 1

I think the first two colors available ( black & orange )

Can be had without ABS

The Green which is surely coming will only be available with ABS

( Kind of their "Special Edition" Theme )

They did that with the 300's in Canada I think it was + the black & orange

will probably also have the abs option available in future batches

I am also not as sure as others that the ABS version is 375k though.

We will see

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Mine was fixed around 16k with krungsi finance but i know it was closer to 20k when the z1k went to 660,000 as my friend was shopping them.

Thanks so I guess that 18,189 sounds about right then.

I guess true cost of ownership of big bikes especially if financed with

insurance & interest can really add up.

I guess

Full coverage (including theft) on my 14R is 17,700 baht per year through Mittare Insurance- that was in line with other quotes I got fom other companies (they also insure my truck and I've had good experiences with them, which is nice a my wife is a wannabe demolition-derby driver;)).

• Like 2

Can be had without ABS

We will see

Got some new info straight from the horse's mouth:

The Z800 will be 375,000 without ABS. Black and orange colors.

It will initially *not* be sold with ABS in Thailand. That kind of explains the absence of green. I am pretty sure ABS will eventually be offered but for right now, for this launch, definitely not. No ABS. This was apparently discussed at the dealer's meeting in BKK yesterday.

What's good about this is I now don't have to think about "upgrading". I am not going to buy a bike w/o ABS. I think it'd be dangerous at this point because I am so used to ABS I tend to rely on it.

Overall I think it's a bizarre decision by Kawasaki - they are making it just so much more unlikely that any of their existing 650cc customers are upgrading to the Z800. All 650s came with ABS standard for years now - why would anybody downgrade to non-ABS?

We will see

why would anybody downgrade to non-ABS?

As I thought because while there was chatter on Thai sites about 350k

the only price Kawasaki ever confirmed was 375k while showing the bikes

without ABS

Downgrade? I disagree but guess it depends on preferences.

Edited by mania

Can be had without ABS

We will see

It will initially *not* be sold with ABS in Thailand. That kind of explains the absence of green. I am pretty sure ABS will eventually be offered but for right now, for this launch, definitely not. No ABS. This was apparently discussed at the dealer's meeting in BKK yesterday.

What's good about this is I now don't have to think about "upgrading". I am not going to buy a bike w/o ABS. I think it'd be dangerous at this point because I am so used to ABS I tend to rely on it.

Overall I think it's a bizarre decision by Kawasaki - they are making it just so much more unlikely that any of their existing 650cc customers are upgrading to the Z800. All 650s came with ABS standard for years now - why would anybody downgrade to non-ABS?

just curious how often does your abs come on? I never had it on a mc but in my cars I think it only came on about two or three times a year.

just curious how often does your abs come on? I never had it on a mc but in my cars I think it only came on about two or three times a year.

Probably because you know how to brake a car.

But also ABS for cars & bikes are so very different as

abs on a bike is only usable ( I will not say useful ) on a straight line panicked rider stop.

Edited by mania

I like having ABS for the 'sudden stop' scenario when a car/bike/dog/buffalo/whatever pulls out directly in front of you with about five meters to spare- I've never seen the ABS light come on while riding my bike, and- with 20+ years of riding sportbikes behind me- I do know how to stop my bike without it. I've read more than a few accounts from people who have been riding for a long time and know what they're doing who said they felt ABS would have prevented their crashes- I've never read about a crash (off the track or dirt) where ABS was the cause of an accident, and- since most accidents are attributable to rider error (to which none of us are immune- I'm certainly not)- it can't hurt.

It's going to become the law in Europe for all bikes over 125cc from January 2016- it won't be long until ABS is standard on pretty much all bikes.

• Like 2

abs is standard on all BMW models now for example, including track monster s1000r.

ANyway, i was happy for 350 k and now whee is this 375 is coming from? and No ABS is a major let down for me.

But of course possibly, they needed to widen the gap between er6n and z800 as much as they can otherwise, they cannot sell any er6n.

and sad really, cannot see that green/black version on teh roads! That color combo is waking my senses up even while looking at a photo!

Still, black is also good and you can get some green fairing from abroad to spicy up your bike if needed.

and sad really, cannot see that green/black version on teh roads! That color combo is waking my senses up even while looking at a photo!

Still, black is also good and you can get some green fairing from abroad to spicy up your bike if needed.

Don't worry too much about Green or ABS I guarantee

both will come.

Of course initially they will say these two only as they want to sell them

Same as they wanted to sell 2013 N250's by saying the 300 will never come for at least 2 years.

Yet 7 months later there it was

The green will surely come & it will be ABS same as they did with their 300's in places.

As for ABS standard on some high end bikes yes. But usually switchable dual channel Bosch units that can be turned off.

It is too bad companies get pressured by so called safety groups from the EU & NHTSA etc.

Thankfully a competent person can always dismantle it & older bikes will always be around.

I suppose safety boards will eventual idiot proof other things.

Maybe full auto transmissions etc because in a panic noobs cannot downshift efficiently

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

yes, i think so mania, they will eventually bring green abs version once the sales of z800 is declining a bit.

regarding the color options now, i think they do not want to lose sales of er6n/fbiggrin.png as these colors can put some people off for sure.

My only issue with it is, it's pretty heavy, according to specs 228kg wet. Surprisingly the Z1000 is 218kg, that doesn't realy make sense does it ?

Read any of the reviews posted and you'll see the general consensus is that the weight isn't noticeable unless at standstill, according to most it is as good as the Street Triple which is 30kgs or so lighter!

• Like 1

It will indeed, given that the one in Rama 9's showroom is green and black and has ABS smile.png

That's rather interesting, indeed ;)

It doesn't make sense to not at least have ABS as an option so I am pretty sure it will come rather soon too.

• Like 1

Don't worry too much about Green or ABS I guarantee

both will come.

It will indeed, given that the one in Rama 9's showroom is green and black and has ABS :)

Well, last year they had the special edition green ZX-14R on display at Rama 9, and that was never brought in for sale past the floor model (and when the model was brought in, only one color- midnight blue w/ABS- was made available), so it's not a guarantee (though I agree it probably will be brought in).

The Z800 is nearly 300,000baht cheaper than the price of the Z1000 before it's clearance sale

Was it a clearance sale? Or just a new price? I'd have been tempted but on the Z1000 there was also no ABS...

It was just a sale from July 18th till the 31st

Price is back at 660k now