Never Been Approach By A Thai Women: Am I Doing Something Wrong?

HalfSquat

I came to Thailand with a partner and have had one the whole time I've been here so I've not been looking for love or anything like that but one thing that has crept into my thoughts over the years here is why, if Thai women are quite keen on farang guys, I've never been 'hit on' by a Thai girl?

I'm no oil painting but at the same time I don't make children cry when I smile at them so I'm not that bad to look at.

Does it happen to other people?

If so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your with your partner, they won't hit on you.

If they know you have a partner and that your not interested in a bit of fun on the side,

then, again they won't hit on you.

If your on your own and they think your single and they still don't hit on you then you have a problem.

Maybe they are but you are missing the signals.

Remember, outside of the bar scene, a thai girl is not going to touch you like a western girl would.

Perhaps there a lots of stunning thai women pitching straight to you, but their throws are just whizzing by, because you are not even raising your mit.

Maybe they are but you are missing the signals.

Remember, outside of the bar scene, a thai girl is not going to touch you like a western girl would.

Perhaps there a lots of stunning thai women pitching straight to you, but their throws are just whizzing by, because you are not even raising your mit.

I was never touched by a Western girl, either inside or outside the bar scene.

Do you still have their phone numbers?

Edited by Beetlejuice

Yeah, obviously I wasn't expecting anyone to pounce on me when I'm with my partner. I was referring to when I'm on my own.

From my past experience, there've been times when I've been single and on the hunt, and other times when I've been in a long-term monogamous relationship.

I thought about it, and kind of felt like I was intentionally giving off a different vibe when I had my partner at home. When I was outside and alone, I wouldn't make eye contact with other women or particularly return any from them. I think my demeanor was that I wasn't looking for or open to such contact and any similar exchanges.

On the other hand, during the times when I was single and looking, I think the vibe I gave off was just the opposite. I would be looking for and receptive to eye contact... be willing to strike up a conversation if the opportunity presented itself, etc. etc.

I think in the same way, a single woman can either give off the vibe that's she's interested and open if she spots someone she likes, or just the opposite if she's not interested.

So if someone's never being hit on or approached by the opposite sex, is that occurring when they're consciously looking for contact, or not really seeking it out?

Don't expect to be approached unless u r a celebrity or a good looking cute teenage farang boy walking the streets of siam.

Thai women who approach farang men r most likely bar girls/ or the short time girls @ hard rock cafe.

Will u get approached by a decent lady on the streets of farangland? Unlikely.

Back in farangland, bars/ pubs r places men tend to get hitched with the clubbing ladies.

But in Thailand, most of the "non bar girls" crowd hang out @ places like "funky", RCA, ratchada soi 4, etc.

Places farang/ expats don't really hang out.

Even if we decided to get ourselves into the Thai "techno disco rock" scene, its unlikely for us to get hitched as most of the Thais can't speak in English, or dam_n shy to speak the Thai broken English in front of their friends. Its common for them to keep a "safe distance" from us.

Get real mate.

If u wanna be approached, go to the red light districts.

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by rics21
  • Like 1

Story of life: If you ain't looking then you ain't getting.

It's all about your facial and bodily non-verbal expressions which are being generated from your current state of mind. All girls see this when checking you out all over the world. It's not a Thai thing.

Edited by Dancealot

Don't expect to be approached unless u r a celebrity or a good looking cute teenage farang boy walking the streets of siam.

Thai women who approach farang men r most likely bar girls/ or the short time girls @ hard rock cafe.

Wrong. That should read "Thai women who approach fossilized farang men are most likely . . . . "

There are thousands of foreign men who are looked/nodded/winked/smiled at by non-working Thai women every day in Thailand if they're reasonably decent-looking, clean cut, well-presented and not reeking of "eau de Chang".

Wrong. That should read "Thai women who approach fossilized farang men are most likely . . . . "

There are thousands of foreign men who are looked/nodded/winked/smiled at by non-working Thai women every day in Thailand if they're reasonably decent-looking, clean cut, well-presented and not reeking of "eau de Chang".

Truth.

I'm being hit on by cashiers, laundry employees, golf caddies... the newest is the lady at the bank who hit pretty hard.

The main problem I see with these is clinginess

Will u get approached by a decent lady on the streets of farangland? Unlikely.

Back in farangland, bars/ pubs r places men tend to get hitched with the clubbing ladies.

But in Thailand, most of the "non bar girls" crowd hang out @ places like "funky", RCA, ratchada soi 4, etc.

Places farang/ expats don't really hang out.

Even if we decided to get ourselves into the Thai "techno disco rock" scene, its unlikely for us to get hitched as most of the Thais can't speak in English, or dam_n shy to speak the Thai broken English in front of their friends. Its common for them to keep a "safe distance" from us.

Get real mate.

If u wanna be approached, go to the red light districts.

Is your experience of living in Thailand totally bar-centric?

I know plenty of "non bar girls" who wouldn't set foot in any of those places,

Being approached happens all the time, but in different ways. Loads of Thai women are probably approaching you, but they are subtle and you are not recognising their cues.

Probably where you are not expecting, banks, stores, government offices, malls etc.

Edited by uptheos