All Major Projects Ploenchit/langsuan/chidlom/wireless/ruam Rudi Areas

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It might not be that long, there are rumours he might be ready to launch something next year.

yes, I know, please see the post immediately above...

are you sure Fishman are investing in the K Tun project, as this is not the only tall building planned that I have heard rumours of? Surely the area cannot be 12,300sqm, that is a very very small amount of area for the K Tun site, I would hope you could get more area than that??!

no...not sure...there was talk that Raimon Land might also JV on that plot....

no...not sure...there was talk that Raimon Land might also JV on that plot....

had heard that, but given the cash situation at Raimon Land and amount of inventory, I would not have thought K Tun would gain from having them as a partner at the moment; especially if it is a similar project to 185 (unless we are talking of bundling the two projects and JVing both, which i would believe but I suspect K Tun would rather go head to head with 185 on the Ploenchit plot, but could be totally wrong).

PKRV - The Address is AP, they are a fairly reputable property developer, and as with the Major Dev Manhatten, I doubt there are trangressions, rather they have been able to get away with reusing bits of old structure; rezoning blah blah blah - same as most developers do.

The two plots are separated by a soi as well; someday the site on the other side will house a big building; we know the back corner is going to have something there now on the Nai Lert site; it is inevitable 'progress' that condos end up surrounded by other buildings.... :-(

The developer as you know is Major...they are not the best known for their design...very old chinese style ideology of good design...look at Auguston !!!! need i say more.

Petchaburi road is busy, but no more so that say South Sathorn. Tto be honest with you, I was looking at a number of values when I purchased my unit, I looked at the Met I looked at The Park also, the Met, fabulous design but the contract was awful...really dodgy, they wanted us to pay extra if they built a unit that was larger than they initially specified...no way, big scam my lawyer advised me...plus I felt it was not that close to any good transport system and or shops, cinemas etc, you were totally tied to the use of the car, plus the sales lady let slip that on the north side of the Met face they will be building a Conran hotel....which meant you would have to buy really high to avoid been looked into. The Park...fab location without a doubt, the building externally had everything...but internally I was seriously dissapointed with the design...a little old fashioned and when we examined whether we could change some of the unit internal spaces (obviously without touching the load bearing walls) they were not conducive to the idea and we also felt the balconies were not as spacious as we would have liked and the road it looks down onto is always clogged with traffic. Manhattan, external design...Major could have done a lot better and I wish they had...they are a little old fashioned in their design out look, however the location is great. I guarantee you that that area north of Pratunam and all of that area from Makkassan right down to PayaThai will look so different in 10 yrs time. I would agree with you that Major should have given some greening to the canal side, but I don't think that even The Address is doing that, we would have gone for The Address is we had not already placed our deposit with Manhattan but then the unit size we have at Manhattan with the price we paid we would not have got that with the Address. I think one of Manhattan hidden values is its proximity to the redevelopment that will happen soon of the klong san seap canal area. Friends of ours have a 2 bed unit at Manhattan and at the time of build there was not that many units that offered good large windows and cross ventilation for the mid range market. Some of the directors at Manhattan have some ideas of how to further develop the building to benefit everyone but it will take time to lay the seeds of these ideas.

Again apologies for the multiple posts:

The Manhattan is advertising 5 units left for sale - the road it is on is very busy, and the building is pushing the boundaries of the CBD district out northwards. I do not doubt that expansion is on the cards for the area.

The only personal comments I would make are the lack of imagination on the klong frontage - what a lost opportunity I mean is this developer mad? The building appears to occupy all of the lands 'foot print' not quite the right term but has built up to the boundaries. I'm not sure how they legally got away with that one (they are meant to provide green space) and in failing to do so have not done what is necessary for the condominium market to flourish in that area, but IMO have nudged it on.

Some pictures:

Hi Steve - yes I know attention has been focused on the area at the front of The Park (I hope I don't lose my tree :o , but instead may gain some new ones :D )

It looks like The Park won an award :D

"The Park Chidlom wins Best High Rise Development Thailand Award at CNBC Asia Pacific Property Awards 2008"

http://www.hemaraj.com/news_read.asp?news_...amp;news_type=1

post-16669-1218448095_thumb.jpg

Edited by pkrv

Hi Steve - yes I know attention has been focused on the area at the front of The Park (I hope I don't lose my tree :o , but instead may gain some new ones :D )

"The Park Chidlom wins Best High Rise Development Thailand Award at CNBC Asia Pacific Property Awards 2008"

Dave is a class act and I am very happy he and Hemaraj won this (even though I bought in the Athenee).

Dave is a class act and I am very happy he and Hemaraj won this (even though I bought in the Athenee).

Yeah, The Park is by far the best development on the market now IMHO that is pretty much complete; although I do have a soft spot for Ficus Lane and Domus as well (although much cheaper product). Great and one of the few places that really has nice central facilities as well.

As for The Met; I think you are quite right; rather poor location and also I am in the minority that considers the building to be a major eye sore; that said the buyers have the last laugh; many early on were buying at something like 130-140k; look at the market now.

Compared to the Park though, The Met is several rungs down; poor use of glass IMHO that makes the units seem smaller than they are.

I've never been that big of a major fan, but they have their loyal customer base.

I would agree with your design view Steve, Ficus Lane and Domus are also good designs, though Domus location is..well... you better have double glazed windows for noise pollution...I preferred Ficus Lane, the only down side was that the units were a little too close to each other and the central leisure facility arena..well let's hope no families moved in...but then I find Thai children far better behaved than the European ones

Yeah, The Park is by far the best development on the market now IMHO that is pretty much complete; although I do have a soft spot for Ficus Lane and Domus as well (although much cheaper product). Great and one of the few places that really has nice central facilities as well.

As for The Met; I think you are quite right; rather poor location and also I am in the minority that considers the building to be a major eye sore; that said the buyers have the last laugh; many early on were buying at something like 130-140k; look at the market now.

Compared to the Park though, The Met is several rungs down; poor use of glass IMHO that makes the units seem smaller than they are.

I've never been that big of a major fan, but they have their loyal customer base.

Thanks for the kind words. I note that The Athenne has also won its own award - quite justifiably.

annamaria4711 - Interesting on your comments on the interior. We had full choice, however I think we got in just before a key deadline (The Park was about 4 stories off of the ground at that time). The Park locked in its costs (basically they pre-bought everything), but of course that must have meant that some flexibility was lost somewhere down the line. There are still some unsold units that have been finished - presumably some standard has been applied to the end product, but I don't know what that is.

I cannot help but agree the MET is a bit far out, close to Vertigo and Cy'an restaurants but basically a taxi is needed. I got my first real taste of taxies on my last trip; they appear to be a law unto themselves. God help you if it is raining!

None the less the MET does meet one key criteria - green space (sorry that is a pet subject of mine) even roof gardens are great. This just seems to be missing sometimes, and I think it adds so much.

completely agree with you on green spaces 100%....I don't think you can build enough into any project.

We bought into the Manhattan, I know architecturally its not as good as The Park...but like one neighbour said...at least we get to see The Park...the park gets to see us...!!!! :0) We looked quite early on re the Park, the sales girls just would not hear of us moving walls around...maybe things got lost in translation, but we're happy with our unit in Manhattan...I think the Manhattan entry could have been a lot better desgined, the interior designer who did it I think needs to go back to school let alone design college....however on a long term basis that location is going to bloom...I would be really interested to know what will be built on the other side of the Klong there, huge plot of land that they are clearing..its a shmae as there was one of my favourite furniture warehouse based there, they housed fab modern fiurniture, some real gems

Thanks for the kind words. I note that The Athenne has also won its own award - quite justifiably.

annamaria4711 - Interesting on your comments on the interior. We had full choice, however I think we got in just before a key deadline (The Park was about 4 stories off of the ground at that time). The Park locked in its costs (basically they pre-bought everything), but of course that must have meant that some flexibility was lost somewhere down the line. There are still some unsold units that have been finished - presumably some standard has been applied to the end product, but I don't know what that is.

I cannot help but agree the MET is a bit far out, close to Vertigo and Cy'an restaurants but basically a taxi is needed. I got my first real taste of taxies on my last trip; they appear to be a law unto themselves. God help you if it is raining!

None the less the MET does meet one key criteria - green space (sorry that is a pet subject of mine) even roof gardens are great. This just seems to be missing sometimes, and I think it adds so much.

I think you made a great choice - you are a few minutes’ walk from the BTS and Centrals flagship store, and just across the Pratunam Complex which we found on almost the last day of our recent stay - I will explore that a little more next time - different - I sort of liked it.

I suspect the whole street is under the eagle eye of developers and there are one or two empty lots I again suspect being prepared for future developments.

I sort of see what you mean about The Park - in a way it appears to have a rigid structure in how it operates. There are a lot of rules/regulations and we have our own army, I would guess personal security guards are also around. Perhaps a place to venture out from, but a place to retire to comes to mind.

completely agree with you on green spaces 100%....I don't think you can build enough into any project.

We bought into the Manhattan, I know architecturally its not as good as The Park...but like one neighbour said...at least we get to see The Park...the park gets to see us...!!!! :0) We looked quite early on re the Park, the sales girls just would not hear of us moving walls around...maybe things got lost in translation, but we're happy with our unit in Manhattan...I think the Manhattan entry could have been a lot better desgined, the interior designer who did it I think needs to go back to school let alone design college....however on a long term basis that location is going to bloom...I would be really interested to know what will be built on the other side of the Klong there, huge plot of land that they are clearing..its a shmae as there was one of my favourite furniture warehouse based there, they housed fab modern fiurniture, some real gems

As promised an update on The Address.

The building is effectively a three sides of a square shape - unfortunately little imagination went into exploiting the klong and again the building does butt up against some boundaries but nowhere near to the same extent at The Manhattan.

The closest point to The Park is on the Chidlom tower but this seems to be tiered so the higher up the further away it is.

To be brutally frank there is an area (forecourt?) between The Park and The Address that IMO will sell the last units at The Address or leave them unsold. If this is proposed as a desert wasteland of tiles and cement it will be dreadful. However if it is planned as gardens (and I'm not sure if The Address actually adheres to building regulations in this respect either) it will be an asset to the area and a great investment. But I do not know enough about the development to comment further.

Thankyou for posting the pictures of The Address, it's good to see progress being made. I think I can actually see our future appartment in one of them. No longer just a dream, we have walls and windows!

I take your point about the proximity of The Address to The Park, but at least there is some separation and I think that there are many more examples of even worse crowded developments throughout Bangkok.

I hope at least that The Address will be finished to a high standard, especially in the communal areas, in keeping with that already set by The Park.

post-46404-1218545421.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Stolen from the skyscraper forum - An amazing shot of the area covering all the discussed projects. I think it is quite clear where future developments will be targeted!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.p...3643&page=7

IMO the green space is what makes it so good!

This is a great photo. I can always use the Park as a landmark with its gothic roof.

Thanks.

Fantasy will soon be reality.

Stolen from the skyscraper forum - An amazing shot of the area covering all the discussed projects. I think it is quite clear where future developments will be targeted!

This is a great photo. I can always use the Park as a landmark with its gothic roof.

Thanks.

post-9122-1222422322_thumb.jpg

Fantasy will soon be reality.

Thanks.

But, we are going to miss this view.

post-9122-1222515019_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The AGM for The Park was a success - We are now up and running. We are completed!

We will be over in about a week but plan a beach trip during this period we need time to relax.

All projects appear to have finished successfully. Ongoing projects such as The Address and Airport Express terminal seem OK - Any updates guys I will photo the latest when we get over (just PM me if you wish certain shots)

PKRV

• 4 weeks later...

Was it the Plaza Athenee condo building where I saw an awful sign suspended at the roof level for Deutsche bank or is it a shared use project i.e some offices and some condos?

If that's in the Condo's I would be mighty annoyed had I bought one only to find that eyesore suddenly appear.

Was it the Plaza Athenee condo building where I saw an awful sign suspended at the roof level for Deutsche bank or is it a shared use project i.e some offices and some condos?

If that's in the Condo's I would be mighty annoyed had I bought one only to find that eyesore suddenly appear.

No, there are no commercial signs on the Athenee Residence.

An update on The Address - Windows are going in, paint is being applied, and the roof's 'decoration' is in progress. Topping out must by now have happened.

Sorry the last picture has almost a 50% reflection from one of our windows a bit confusing.

edit - The three pictures I posted did not appear - don't know what happened will try again - end edit

second edit - Hmmm still no sucess even in uploading a single picture - will try to report to see if there is a problem - end second edit.

Edited by pkrv

No, there are no commercial signs on the Athenee Residence.

I haven't looked, but the signage may well have been on the office tower next to the Athenee Residence since Deutsche Bank is moving into the Athenee Office Tower (or whatever it is called).

An update on The Address - Windows are going in, paint is being applied, and the roof's 'decoration' is in progress. Topping out must by now have happened.

Thanks for the update. It's really great to get these pictures and see the progress being made.

I think if you're a serious swimmer the pool area at the Park is very disappointing - no lap pool, only free form. And its close proximity to the lobby makes it very exposed, which is irritating, unless you're an exhibitionist. Also, the side facing Ploenchit Road gets very very hot, as there appears to have been no design element to shade the flats from the midday sun. These two factors put me off, when we looked at the 90% completed building last year. Buying off-plan is always a huge risk in this country, because rarely do you get what you're being promised, and it's extremely difficult to visualise a view from a height. The addition of The Address is an added downside if you're on the klong side of the building.

I think if you're a serious swimmer the pool area at the Park is very disappointing - no lap pool, only free form. And its close proximity to the lobby makes it very exposed, which is irritating, unless you're an exhibitionist. Also, the side facing Ploenchit Road gets very very hot, as there appears to have been no design element to shade the flats from the midday sun. These two factors put me off, when we looked at the 90% completed building last year. Buying off-plan is always a huge risk in this country, because rarely do you get what you're being promised, and it's extremely difficult to visualise a view from a height. The addition of The Address is an added downside if you're on the klong side of the building.

Hi Samtam- Thats odd because there is a very long (if slightly thin) lap pool. Its on the 6th row of pictures down on this link:

http://www.theparkresidence.co.th/exterior.htm

Which shows the place completed and we have had our first juristic meeting. Have you seen these pictures?

We got what we were promised. Though I admit that for the moment The Address is an eyesore and will be so for maybe a year or two more. But from all indications The Address should be a stylish building, and compliment The Park.

A jungle effectivly surrounds the pool but realistically if you want that level of privacy your not going to get it in Bangkok. Even one of the Oriental's swimming pools (though not the main one below) is directly overlooked by The Bamboo Bar and The Veranda restaurant with the main walkway between all the Hotels facilities (Other restaurants and ferries access to the facilities on the opposite side of the river) in between the pool and the veranda/bamboo bar. Very oddly I get the distinct impression that some of those who have bought at The Park have a need to be seen to be seen - Hi-so and Hi-sor?

All the projects that were around at the same time The Trendy, The Athenee, The Manhattan and obviously The Park all completed OK and only The Address remains in the build stage, because it started much later.

post-16669-1226909048_thumb.jpg

Edited by pkrv