Letter For Proof Of Funds For O Visa Extension

Hi All,

I have doe a search and cannot find an answer to my question.

I will be applying for my O visa extension at the Chon Buri immigration in Jomtien on the 19th and will need a letter of confirmation from the British consul of money coming into Thailand from abroad every month. I have the necessary information to get this, but has anyone any idea how long it takes and how long the letter is valid for?

I am asking this because I must get the timing right, so as to avoid any delays. I notice that the British consul in only open for 3 days a week?

Thanks,

Rick

The letter from the British Consul is not to show how much you bring into Thailand every month.

It it to show your income.

As you say only open Tues - Thurs.

http://ukinthailand....contact-details

Thanks Lite Beer, so wrong wording on my part. I usually get 6 months of bank statements from my Thai bank showing in excess of 40K per month and this has been fine for the past few years. I am just wondering how long it takes to get the letter and how long it is valid for. ie can I get it the same or following day?

Sorry but I have no idea if it is ready in one or two days.

No doubt someone will be along soon to let you know.

http://ukinthailand....when-you-retire

Letter confirming pension/income for Thai Immigration

Consular Section is able to issue a standard letter addressed to Thai Immigration confirming your pension / income in order to support the renewal / extension of your retirement visa. The granting of the visa is at the sole discretion of the Thai Immigration authorities not the British Embassy.

Requirements:

Photocopy of your current British passport

Original evidence of your current pension/income

Your local address to be typed on the letter

Please ensure the pension/income evidence you provide is in a form that is simple and easy to understand and contains the key financial amounts that are required for inclusion in the letter.

The standard letter fee is currently Baht 2,250 and payable in cash or a postal order. The letter will be ready for collection in person or sent to you by express mail with an additional postage Baht 100.

Unless they're not very busy, you may be asked to return the following day/next time they are open.

I don't know which office you're applying to for the extension, but when I took the letter to Maptaphut, the IO didn't understand it. I had carefully prepared a summary showing monthly amounts, as the Thai rules require you to show income of 65000baht per month. The Consulate multiplied all my figures by 12 and stated in their letter a figure "per annum". The IO scratched his head and then asked me what my income was - I showed him my summary, which he understood immediately.

Set out your income as monthly figures and ask the Consulate to give you a letter reflecting this.

Consular Section is able to issue a standard letter addressed to Thai Immigration confirming your pension / income in order to support the renewal / extension of your retirement visa. The granting of the visa is at the sole discretion of the Thai Immigration authorities not the British Embassy.

Requirements:

Please ensure the pension/income evidence you provide is in a form that is simple and easy to understand and contains the key financial amounts that are required for inclusion in the letter.

The standard letter fee is currently Baht 2,250 and payable in cash or a postal order. The letter will be ready for collection in person or sent to you by express mail with an additional postage Baht 100.

Thanks for the list of requirements Lite.

Unless they're not very busy, you may be asked to return the following day/next time they are open.

I don't know which office you're applying to for the extension, but when I took the letter to Maptaphut, the IO didn't understand it. I had carefully prepared a summary showing monthly amounts, as the Thai rules require you to show income of 65000baht per month. The Consulate multiplied all my figures by 12 and stated in their letter a figure "per annum". The IO scratched his head and then asked me what my income was - I showed him my summary, which he understood immediately.

Set out your income as monthly figures and ask the Consulate to give you a letter reflecting this.

Thanks for the information Eff. It is Chon Buri Immigration office.

Requirements:

Thanks for the list of requirements Lite.

This relates to letters obtained from the Embassy in Bangkok, and I believe that Pattaya Consulate procedures are slightly different. E.g. they won't post the letter to you, meaning you have to collect it in person, usually the following day as others have stated. More importantly, they insisted on payment by cash when I applied to them for my first POI letter 2 years ago. No doubt others will be able to say whether this is still the case (I have obtained my subsequent POI letters by post from the Embassy).

• 8 months later...

This topic is a few months old, but still relevent to my question. Apologies if it is answered elsewhere.

A British friend of mine who resides in Pattaya needs a letter re. proof of funds/pension for his next retirement visa. Now that Tropical Bert is in charge :-

• Does he occupy the office (on certain days) next to Immigration in Jomtien or does he run things from his restaurant on the corner of Soi 6/1 ??
  • Will he or won't he help provide the letter needed, as consular officials have in the past or does it require a personal visit to the British Embassy in BKK ??

Thanks.

Edited by Rigsby

Your friend can obtain his POI letter by applying to the Embassy in writing instead of visiting them in person. See attachment for further details.

He should also note that, according to Jingthing's post at #7 on the thread at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/640480-800000-in-thai-bank-or-65000-income-letter-to-extend-o-a-visa/, Jomtien are now insisting on such letters being no older than 15 days old. Looks like this is yet another silly local rule they've concocted with the sole aim of causing the maximum inconvenience and hassle to their retiree clientele. sad.png

Pension letter information.pdf

Edited by OJAS