Teaching In Bkk At Age 50+

My largest question - What are my chances of landing a job at a university or secondary school at age 50+ (utilizing an O visa based upon marriage from Savanakhet)?

One year of teaching in Korea (2 schools). I no longer have contact with said schools, but have remained friends with two teachers during this time period. This was from 1996-7, is this even worth a mention or should I simply state -no experience?

I do not possess any sort of EFL/ESL coursework and reluctant to take based on low wages, personal issues (age/O visa). I find coursework really difficult to invest in with wages so low. I mean how long would it take to recoup a 50k course, a very long time.

Some additional questions:

How do you approach a university or grade school? Walk in to admin office with CV and ask to see whom? I have only taught in Korea and in language schools.

How do you broach the topic - no visa, no work. I will not work w/o a visa. Do all schools require some work while processing a wp? How quickly might I expect this to come together?

How many hours per week is standard and at what salary might I expect for start?

Thanks

My largest question - What are my chances of landing a job at a university or secondary school at age 50+ (utilizing an O visa based upon marriage from Savanakhet)?
Replying to the age question, you won't have any problems. However, very few schools do have an age restriction with the maximum age of 45 years.
How do you approach a university or grade school?
There are several websites for EFL Jobs in Thailand.
How do you broach the topic - no visa, no work. I will not work w/o a visa.
It comes all together when you have your employment contract.
Do all schools require some work while processing a wp? How quickly might I expect this to come together?
They have to apply for it before or soonish after you started working. Processing an initial work permit (WP.1) can take 1 week at the side of employer and 1 to 2 weeks at the side of the Labour Office.

http://wp.doe.go.th/...rm/form_tt1.pdf