The Noisiest Village In The World?

Jezz

It's the sort of post that doesn't need replies but I must admit I found the story quite amusing. I doubt all the events described happened in a single day but certainly they all occur in a very short time period where I live.

It's the sort of post that doesn't need replies but I must admit I found the story quite amusing. I doubt all the events described happened in a single day but certainly they all occur in a very short time period where I live.

We do in fact occasionally have days like that and on some evenings it is bliss to just sit outside and listen to the sounds of the village.

5am Head woman's husband puts the radio on the loud speakers. Sometime news, sometime these two monks that have a Buddhist comedy show (one can sing pretty good). He leaves for the farm and after a while the radio goes out of sync. Around 7 the head woman puts on her favorite Essan CD. The same one she has been playing for the last year on a different set of speakers. i like music but this is the harshest music I have ever hear. Sometimes I get to hear only one track--she must need to get to the farm herself. Oh, did I mention her husband's now static is still playing. Sometimes I get to hear the CD twice--she must have forgotten something at home. She comes on--Yes, very bodies name must be mentioned, and the price of everything has to be mentioned separately even though all 70 of them cost 50 baht--- then she does the whole thing over 3 more times. I ask my wife why-- why of course-- someone may not have heard the first 3 times. Its election time. My village is a loop off the main. Candidate 1 and 2 have trucks with load speakers, around and around they go, starting at 10am. The village is small, I can hear them both at all times---I don't get it, the same message over and over day after day, Thai's must have very short attention spans. Thai drivers and laud speakers--the only thing I dislike about living here.

Head woman's husband puts the radio on the loud speakers.

Head Woman? That's a new one on me. Anybody else have a Head Woman?

2 years now. As I understand it, this is a fairly new but now there are quite a few. The only other person wanting the position is also a woman.

In Samui, we are fortunate to have dumped the 'Headman/woman'. But still get loads of speaker vans and ar&&holes who cannot take the time to look at road junctions for other traffic, they just blast away on their horns a dozen times. Plus the usual paranoid dogs barking at everything that moves.

Edited by Eric1949

Noisiest village in the world? You forgot to mention the doors and windows rattling in unison with the bass. Or the installation of coloured fluorescent lights across your front boundary, so the bedroom can be illuminated in tune with the rattling.

This year my wife's uncle asked me to part finance his election campaign to council, I think he just brought bigger speakers for the truck. One canidate asked us what could be done to improve life in the village, I just smiled and had another vegemite sandwich.

• Like 2

Noisiest village in the world? You forgot to mention the doors and windows rattling in unison with the bass. Or the installation of coloured fluorescent lights across your front boundary, so the bedroom can be illuminated in tune with the rattling.

This year my wife's uncle asked me to part finance his election campaign to council, I think he just brought bigger speakers for the truck. One canidate asked us what could be done to improve life in the village, I just smiled and had another vegemite sandwich.