All Flood-Affected Tourist Destinations Completely Restored And Safe For Visits: Thailand

webfact

All flood-affected tourist destinations completely restored and safe for visits

BANGKOK, 12 September 2012 (NNT) – The Department of Tourism launches a PR campaign to assure foreign tourists of carefree travels to all tourist destinations in Thailand after the devastating flood last year.

According to Deputy Director-General of the Departmen of Tourism Anuparp Kesornsuwon, his office is spending 7 million baht on the public relations campaign that expects to help the country achieve its targets to attract more than 20 million foreign visitors this year and tourism earnings of more than 800 billion baht.

Mr. Anuparp assured local and foreign tourists that all tourism attractions that were affected by the flood crisis last year have been fully rehabilitated and the industry is ready to welcome visitors during the approaching high season.

To ensure visitors’ safety, the Department has asked both local and tourist police to patrol tourist sites closely.

He added that the department will team up with the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology, the Ministry of Interior and related agencies to draw up a development model for 29 tourist sites, in hopes of raising the total revenue from the industry to 2 trillion baht by 2015.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-09-12 footer_n.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif this must be the joke of the day??? What about Ayutthaya or Sukothai? Anyone???

Well, if the government sais they not flooded, then they arn't!!!

Our PM reasured us earlier in the year that we will not have any floods anymore

and on an other subject she said " It's all just in our immagination"

They might just water the flowers a bit too much.

Ah... but those floodings in Sukothai and Ayuttaya are caused by excessive rain in those areas, while real floodings, those that will not happen again, are caused by excessive rain somewhere else. Clearly, it must be like that blink.png

7 million baht to fabricate a big lie? Wonder how that will be spent?

You can imagine the management at TAT:

Subordinate: looks like there will be flooding again.

Boss: better tell everyone tourist sights won't be flooded. Hang on, before we do that we need some budget for that.

Subordinate: why do we need budget?

Boss: people are easily pursuaded when they are paid. Everyone believes the lie if they are paid.

Subordinate: OK boss.

All flood-affected tourist destinations completely restored and safe for visits

So, basically this headline amounts to the water draining away. The lies and glory grabbing among these chimps is ludicrous. Without any former headlines describing any completed restoration projects, they pull this out of their hind ends and make this deceitful declaration.

My view is that the water drained away, nothing has been done, the formerly soaked areas are now dry, and life goes on exactly the way it did, albeit with a few things more corrupted by the receded waters.

It's the usual Thai way of doing things . . . say something enough times, believe it, and it will come true or will happen . . . regardless of any reality or facts and figures to the contrary.

Just look at the normal (made up) TAT tourist figures . . . they pull these out of the hat.

Why not just pass a law making it illegal for rain to fall, or water to run downhill if it results in flooding. Then, done! Government has acted quickly and proactively, and cannot be held responsible if Mother Nature or anyone else fails to adhere to the law! And while they are at it, they could also declare the Thai year to be exactly 365 days long; doing away once and for all with all this leap-year "craziness."

I can assure TAT there is no such thing a 'carefree travel' with Thailand's borders.

A doctor at BPH once asked if I smoked cigarettes. I affirmed that I did and had done so for 60 years. He naturally advised me to stop as it was a dangrous habit. I reminded him that only a few minutes before he had studied the results of my chest X-ray and had pronounced that everything looked in good order. I then stated that to meet my appointment with him I had travelled 8 kilometres along Sukhumvit Road on a motorbike and when I left his presence I would be making the return journey. I suggested that he investigate the probabilty of doing that 20 times every day for 60 years and surviving to tell the tale.

All travel in Thailand is hazardous and I have long since stopped counting the number of Thais who have escaped death or injury through my ability to drive cautiously and defensively.

...so screw everyone else as long as the tourist dollars can still come in.....

.....what a psycho response......what a caring government....

Of course they care. A question may be about what. But the PM has stated several times that she is doing her best. Thus implying that we should feel better then. As there would be an alternative doing for the head of state! The problem here is that her doing her best is not any way nearly sufficient.

Wow but I wanted to see the ruins in Ayutthaya. Guess I better bring my blow up raft and paddle in. I wonder if the TAT issues out that emergency flood kit for tourist farlangs too just in case there was a flood?

Apparently those ruins, as they will be underwater are shortly to be marketed as 'Atlantis' ! Miracle Thailand.

Why not just pass a law making it illegal for rain to fall, or water to run downhill if it results in flooding. Then, done! Government has acted quickly and proactively, and cannot be held responsible if Mother Nature or anyone else fails to adhere to the law! And while they are at it, they could also declare the Thai year to be exactly 365 days long; doing away once and for all with all this leap-year "craziness."

And if it did flood or water ran down hill they would be able to blame it on the Democrats.cheesy.gif

Also 29 tourist spots were safe. Wow. We have that many in Chiang Mai. I wonder if they were just talking about Bangkok as that is where it would seem most of their time energy and money is going. As for the Money a lot of it is going into pockets.

And if it did flood or water ran down hill they would be able to blame it on the Democrats.cheesy.gif

Also 29 tourist spots were safe. Wow. We have that many in Chiang Mai. I wonder if they were just talking about Bangkok as that is where it would seem most of their time energy and money is going. As for the Money a lot of it is going into pockets.

29 tourist spots ? probably the number of bars in Nana,Phat Pong and Soi Cowboy.