Getting To Khao San Road

tonytigerbkk

Hi, can anyone tell me what I would expect to pay for a taxi or tuk-tuk from the National Stadium BTS to Khao San Road?

I have only been living in Thailand for the last 15 years, so I have managed to avoid Khao San until now but...........

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

About 60- 80 unless traffic is really bad. It's pretty close. Note that some of the taxis hanging out in front of MBK will try to scam and don't like to use the meter, walk away from there a bit and get one driving if you have trouble. Should be fine at the BTS station exit

If you're at national stadium you could also take the klong boat for 10 baht and it drops you off at the Golden Mount, a 10 minute walk or a 20-30 baht tuk tuk ride.

Bus #15 is also a good option, 6.5B.

Taxi 60-80 as said although last time I got one from MBK it took *20* tries before one would use the meter. Tuk tuk, forget it.

Do you have a link for the boats? I haven't got the canal boats figured out yet at all.

Khao San is a bit of a disaster but the broader area is actually very pleasant indeed.

Edited by blorg

Bus #15 is also a good option, 6.5B.

Taxi 60-80 as said although last time I got one from MBK it took *20* tries before one would use the meter. Tuk tuk, forget it.

Do you have a link for the boats? I haven't got the canal boats figured out yet at all.

Khao San is a bit of a disaster but the broader area is actually very pleasant indeed.

http://en.wikipedia....ep_Express_Boat

Some links to maps there. It's easy to use, you'll get the hang of it fast. Very convienent during heavy traffic, much faster than a bus or taxi.

Specifically the station at MBK, is north from MBK past the art musuem and under the bridge. Can get a boat west to Khao San or east to Pratunam, Suhkumvit, and all the way out to Ramkhamhaeng

Thanks for that. Does it terminate at Phan Fa Lilat, e.g. it doesn't go all the way to the river? That is actually quite far from me, I am on the river at Phra Athit (by the bridge.) I have certainly been stuck on the bus for an hour or more when I've taken it during rush hour.

another one from the last century- that 3 bt is now 8-10 bt or so. And those boats stop running around 19.00. The vehement promotion of PhanFa-klong Saen Saep boats are like the train freaks here: they simply do not want to hear anything remotely negative about them: that klong stinks, has about the filthiest water of all BKK and ends you at indeed beneath the golden mount-some 1,5-2 kms away from Pra Athit without any nice walking route-bus 15 covers it also. Plus that getting into the boats from Nat Stadium stop is also a big maze to find your way across for unitiated tourists.

I don't think the klong stinks, you can't smell a thing when you're in the boat. I wouldn't swim in the klong but who cares. The OP was asking for KSR not Pra Athit, it is only 1km from Pan Fa to Burger King KSR and the walk is super easy with nice wide sidewalks. Pra Athit is a bit further but the walk to there is easy as well, it is simply wrong stating there is no nice walking route. Anyway getting a tuk tuk from Pan Fa to KSR is an easy option for those who don't want to walk. I suppose you could even hop in a bus instead of walking. The national stadium stop is very easy to find, I see hordes of tourist at it every time I ride, so clearly they are able to find it.