Air Asia Cancellation

Valentine

Apparently Air Asia has cancelled all direct flights from Udon this month. There does not seem to any reason given for this except to say they can still come but have to stopover at Swampy for 5 hours or change to another day in October but this all seems pretty weird to me & disrupts holiday plans.

Yea that BKK-Udon trip must be a whopper of a moneymaker for them...........(sarcasm).

Don't most of those people take a train or bus?

Anyway, you sign up with the low cost carrier you roll the dice a little bit, but I must say out of the (at least) 40 trips I have had with them 95% have been A-O.K.

Seems they took out one plane off their schedule 17-30 September.

Thus more routes will be affected that Phuket-Udon-Phuket

We have tickets Udon-Phuke-it 17 sept, return 24th.

Were offered re-schedule after 30 September in a two weeks time frame, but that does not fit my schedule.

We were rescheduled via Bangkok, 3.5h in between planes on the way to Phuke-it, refused a 6h wait back and opted for 2h connection, see if that will work out next week.

Not happy, but we'll manage.

Edited by tartempion

Yea that BKK-Udon trip must be a whopper of a moneymaker for them...........(sarcasm).

Don't most of those people take a train or bus?

Anyway, you sign up with the low cost carrier you roll the dice a little bit, but I must say out of the (at least) 40 trips I have had with them 95% have been A-O.K.

It is the only airline which has a direct flight connecting Udon & Phuket so is a very popular route. If you are organized with your bookings it is generally cheaper than a 20 or so hour bus ride which actually originates in Nong Kai & ends in Patong but you can get on & off at various places such as Big C & Homepro in Chalong.