Buying A Gun From Bangkok Gun Shops

Strange

Ok the wife got her Por 3 from the Amphur a few days ago, so the next step is actually buying her gun from the gun shops around bangkok.

What I would like to know, is, if any of you guys have been through this process, and what shops you have used. Your experience as well, good or bad.

Wifes been looking around a the thai forums as well, looking for the little tricks people are going to try to pull, but im looking for a foreigners experience.

Finally, if someone could please be so kind as to explain to me how to get to (I believe its the Bhurpha Road area) the area with all the gun shops. I dont know bangkok that well, and I dont want to take a taxi cause it will take forever (But I will if I have to) or maybe a big landmark and I can use google maps or something. Im in lower Sukhumvit area.

Thanks for any help,

Strange

Yeap thats what we are trying to get, G19 Gen4 with the #4 Spring. But from the places that i have called, they do not have this newer model in stock. Gen 3 would be ok, but the Gen 4 is .08" shorter from the palm area to the trigger. Better for the wifes smaller hand.

I have been searching, and all they say is a general area like "chinatown" or "Burpha Road" and then a bunch of people talking about how guns are dangerous/scary/tinfoil hats bla bla...

Yeap thats what we are trying to get, G19 Gen4 with the #4 Spring. But from the places that i have called, they do not have this newer model in stock. Gen 3 would be ok, but the Gen 4 is .08" shorter from the palm area to the trigger. Better for the wifes smaller hand.

I have been searching, and all they say is a general area like "chinatown" or "Burpha Road" and then a bunch of people talking about how guns are dangerous/scary/tinfoil hats bla bla...

Can I ask. Why are you buying a gun for your wife?

sent from my Wellcom A90+

• Like 1

We went through this process a few years ago.

If I remember correctly the Por 3 mentions the exact model of the fire arm so you can not change your mind the last moment.

FYI: We received our Por 3 via the police department instead of the Amphur.

As for the location we used a taxi to bring us to the area of the gun shops which was not a problem at all.

The only problem what we had that we went there at the same time as the demonstrations and al gunshops where ordered to empty the shops and therefore we had problems to find shop willing to sell us the gun at that moment. whistling.gif

At the way back you had to see the face of the Thai Airways check-in girl when asked if we had something to declare and showed her the gun case with bullets. biggrin.png

็ำHe just upped his insurance policy so she wants to protect him. sad.png ........................smile.png

For her to be able to protect herself when I am offshore. We are out in the sticks. Local cops arent really reliable, to say the least.

The 0.38's price of ammunition is the cheapest in Thailand. if you buy something that is not common you will pay and arm and a leg for the bullets. Something to consider maybe.

Just ask your wife to tell the taxi driver to take you to the gun shops.