Honda Brio Vs Mitsubishi Mirage Vs Nissan March Vs Kia Picanto

achieng91

Honda Brio vs Mitsubishi Mirage vs Nissan March vs Kia Picanto  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Suzuki are putting a lot of effort into quality control so I don't expect too many problems in that regard. There are no issues with the previous model. The main issue I see it as now is the lack of surface centres, though there are plans to increase those. Resale should be ok - car tents are selling the old model for a premium.

Resale should be ok ?? More than OK, in fact about the best there is.......... Take a 1992 Suzuki Carabina Manual, today lots for sale, you will not find much under 200,000 baht +......... Brand new here in 1992 they cost 290,010 baht........ so after 20 year and 2 -300,000 km on the clock they have lost 90,000 baht.......... The other oldie 1992 Suzuki Vitara Manual cost today 280 - 340,000 baht....... .Brand new here in 1992 540,000 baht......... same year Automatic your looking at 300 - 380,000 baht to day 20 years on..... Brand new here in 1992 cost 603,000 baht

If your not looking to keep for 20 years, look at the Swift....... 2 year old 'GA' appear to sell for 40,000 baht less then brand new in 2010, the 'GL' top model for 55,000 baht less.......... So Suzuki appear to hold there value very well here. far better than Toyota or Honda

Edit: This one has lost 30,000 baht in 2 years !! http://www.one2car.com/SUZUKI_SWIFT/G23120113

Edited by ignis

Nissan march looks cute but is crappy inside with cheap plastic everywhere.

Mirage looks like crap from outside.

Brio looks like a tiny ridiculous licence-less car. Actually I read somewhere that honda didn't sell as much as expected and that the car is somewhat a commercial failure. Resale value should not be that high for this model.

Kia? No dealership in my area...

Swift looks great from outside, not too shabby inside, drives well and I believe has the most powerful motor of the bunch. No brainer win for me.

Brio looks like a tiny ridiculous licence-less car. Actually I read somewhere that honda didn't sell as much as expected and that the car is somewhat a commercial failure. Resale value should not be that high for this model.

Swift looks great from outside, not too shabby inside, drives well and I believe has the most powerful motor of the bunch. No brainer win for me.

Parts for your swift here:

http://www.rtnmotor.co.th/index.php?route=product/category&path=176_324

• Like 1

The Brio is ok until you get inside.... REALLY terrible in there....3 differnt colours on the dash including shit brown... go figure why it hasnt sold well.

The Brio is ok until you get inside.... REALLY terrible in there....3 differnt colours on the dash including shit brown... go figure why it hasnt sold well.

The gauges are also very small - the rev counter is hard to read when driving. It drives well and is economical, but I felt it wasn't as refined as the swift. I might have considered it if the used a dark higher quality interior. Cost cutting is too evident in the brio.

Test drove Brio, Mirage and March, as missus wanted small automatic car to learn to drive in.....

Bought Brio........drove the best, best re-sale value, best quality, best looks (IMHO), 4cyl i VTEC engine...and she preferred it....

post-95864-0-61425300-1347987554_thumb.j

Hey, nice underpinnings! :-P

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

Ok guys...PRO and CON

Brio

Pro-if you love and like Honda name and quality

Pro-resale value (not as much as civic)

Pro-Honda quality service

con-design (lean toward ugly than cute car)

Con-rear passengers safety in bigger questions than others

Con-headroom for back passengers (try before you buy)

Mirage

Pro-best selling so far for Eco car means pool of accessaries available

Pro-cute cute design

Pro-if you must have a satnav then it is available

Con-resale value in questions (Mitsubishi has never hold anything better than average)

Con-check the rear headroom

March

Pro-contemporary design

Pro-wait period won't be as bad as others

Con-lack of rear head restraint support

Con-cornering at higher speed than 100kph

Kia

Pro-best design of all

Pro-always available in showroom

Pro-euro and US safety standard

Con-plummet resale value (not to mention if anybody would be interested in it)

Con-after sale service support and limited dealers

Con-a little more expensive than others

Con-not Eco car in government eye mean not first car rebate

Hope to give you some ideas after owning many cars and work closely in automobile marketing for many years. Well...goodluck. Feel free to give a shout for anything in doubt...

Test drove Brio, Mirage and March, as missus wanted small automatic car to learn to drive in.....

Bought Brio........drove the best, best re-sale value, best quality, best looks (IMHO), 4cyl i VTEC engine...and she preferred it....

You could have gotten the Kia.. your missus has her own airbags.. luvelybiggrin.pngtongue.png

Ps: what about the interior of the Brio.. does your missus like it?

for me it looks like a disaster.

Edited by thaicbr

Ok guys...PRO and CON

Brio

Pro-if you love and like Honda name and quality

Pro-resale value (not as much as civic)

Pro-Honda quality service

con-design (lean toward ugly than cute car)

Con-rear passengers safety in bigger questions than others

Con-headroom for back passengers (try before you buy)

Mirage

Pro-best selling so far for Eco car means pool of accessaries available

Pro-cute cute design

Pro-if you must have a satnav then it is available

Con-resale value in questions (Mitsubishi has never hold anything better than average)

Con-check the rear headroom

March

Pro-contemporary design

Pro-wait period won't be as bad as others

Con-lack of rear head restraint support

Con-cornering at higher speed than 100kph

Kia

Pro-best design of all

Pro-always available in showroom

Pro-euro and US safety standard

Con-plummet resale value (not to mention if anybody would be interested in it)

Con-after sale service support and limited dealers

Con-a little more expensive than others

Con-not Eco car in government eye mean not first car rebate

Hope to give you some ideas after owning many cars and work closely in automobile marketing for many years. Well...goodluck. Feel free to give a shout for anything in doubt...

Your wrong about the Kia... it does have Tax rebate. It doesn't have air bags or abs. but the rest is ok biggrin.png

I like this color....yellow biggrin.png !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So what hv you decided? Actually you better state whats your needs for the car. Difference cars have different pros and cons. Anyway, for me If i can wait that long i will choose Swift as for the design and handling. IF you cant wait that long go straight to the Mirage, its the best value of all the rest. GPS navigation, DVD and digital air-con. the gals will love it.

Maybe its a surprise too that it is the most powerful and best fuel efficiency above all the rest because of it light weight, Thanks to the high tensile steel, lightest while strongest too. Above all it has the best options equipped than all the rest. Good luck to you and enjoy yr ride with safety.

• 3 months later...

I just got a blue swift and love that. Getting about 16 km/l average around my parts on E20 so pretty good for a new motor. I've not hammered it yet, but it goes pretty well as it is. Build quality is spot on. Got it 4 months earlier than expected (was ordered last August), so perhaps production has been ramped up. Like to other eco cars, resale should be quite good, but the market will be flooded with them in 5 years time, perhaps dropping second hand values.

Perhaps i am a bit thick. Being Car Less at the moment i scrounge Cars. Nipped to Lotus in a Mirage, a jolly car,enjoyed it. 90 Ks round trip. Now how does the Swift fit in this class ? , its like the Fiesta to me. Did the same trip in all 3. Swifts by far the best value i think.

We bought the Brio even though the interior wasn't great. It is a great city car and no bad at all on long runs. Cheap to run and Honda reliability. I have had 5 adults in it no trouble. USB for the ipod was a factor too. No regrets and looking forward to a fat cheque from the Govt. in September!

We bought the Brio even though the interior wasn't great. It is a great city car and no bad at all on long runs. Cheap to run and Honda reliability. I have had 5 adults in it no trouble. USB for the ipod was a factor too. No regrets and looking forward to a fat cheque from the Govt. in September!

here here..........