Leaving All My Worldly Goods To A Thai Lady

conquent

from above.......

All funds are accessible via ATM cards although with varying withdrawal limits. My lady knows where all the cards are, will and other docs.

My lady has my daughter's email address and phone number in the US. If I were to die (gonna happen some day), my TH lady phones / emails my daughter who will give her the PIN's with instructions to clean out all my accounts, burn me on the pyre and keep the rest.

My daughter has a copy of my will and understands these are my wishes and is completely on side and will do exactly what daddy wants. My TH lady only knows to email / call my daughter if I die. She has no idea what will happen when she does. We live on the third floor!

Good luck to the OP - not an easy road to travel so I hope this may help.

end quote

i guess my only question with this plan is will the banks freeze the ATM accounts when large amounts of Baht are taken out of accounts that have had no action in months / years

Not sure of a way to prevent that !

BK

You need to have a Thai will to leave money in your accounts to your partner. I believe that the will can be written out by yourself, translated into Thai and typed up and then signed by two witnesses. Paying 10,000 baht to some bloodsucking lawyer isn't necessary from what I understand.

Edited by giddyup

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the OP is looking for the simplest way out and the suggestions while well meaning complicates and add more work to the OP which I am sure is not his priority

He has 20,000 GBP and no hard assets and this as many can attest is easily spent within weeks if u should choose to

He just wants to go happy, I say bring the cash, make all the arrangements at a hospital pay up and the balance go out find the woman of your life and have a great time and when it is time, have her take out the cash in your hotel safe, check out and keep the rest ...and be there to hold your hands

Forget the banks lawyers and such ...I would ask the OP find a nurse as a galfriend there are some really nice ones who are sweet and responsible

You need to have a Thai will to leave money in your accounts to your partner. I believe that the will can be written out by yourself, translated into Thai and typed up and then signed by two witnesses. Paying 10,000 baht to some bloodsucking lawyer isn't necessary from what I understand.

end quote]

10,000 baht is $300 US about 200 UKP if that would solve the problem its a cheap way to get what he want after he passes , its not going to make a dent in the 20,000 UKP he has

Edited by BKKdreaming

It's the old joke. When someone leaves all their worldly possessions...it's usually followed by a newspaper article about jumping from the balcony of their condo or other death under other mysterious circumstances.

I would be particular in selecting the person I would leave all my worldly possessions to if you understand what I mean. Like leaving everything to your child, parents, brothers, sisters...that's one thing. Not having met your future partner and already deciding to leave all your worldly possessions to the unknown future person sounds kind of dangerous.

one would hope this advice would fall under the category of obvious

It's the old joke. When someone leaves all their worldly possessions...it's usually followed by a newspaper article about jumping from the balcony of their condo or other death under other mysterious circumstances.

I would be particular in selecting the person I would leave all my worldly possessions to if you understand what I mean. Like leaving everything to your child, parents, brothers, sisters...that's one thing. Not having met your future partner and already deciding to leave all your worldly possessions to the unknown future person sounds kind of dangerous.

one would hope this advice would fall under the category of obvious

That category often appears on the chapter 'unread'

from above.......

All funds are accessible via ATM cards although with varying withdrawal limits. My lady knows where all the cards are, will and other docs.

My lady has my daughter's email address and phone number in the US. If I were to die (gonna happen some day), my TH lady phones / emails my daughter who will give her the PIN's with instructions to clean out all my accounts, burn me on the pyre and keep the rest.

My daughter has a copy of my will and understands these are my wishes and is completely on side and will do exactly what daddy wants. My TH lady only knows to email / call my daughter if I die. She has no idea what will happen when she does. We live on the third floor!

Good luck to the OP - not an easy road to travel so I hope this may help.

end quote

i guess my only question with this plan is will the banks freeze the ATM accounts when large amounts of Baht are taken out of accounts that have had no action in months / years

Not sure of a way to prevent that !

BK

Good point but all my accounts experience some sort of regular activity. Banks typically only freeze accounts if funds are withdrawn from an unfamiliar country. All my bank managers have notifications of where I live and if I am traveling out of TH, I always contact my main banks to expect ATM withdrawals from Malaysia, Vietnam or wherever. Failure to do that will almost always cause problems with US and Canadian banks. Don't know about European banks.

Come on guys, 20K is not enough to give to an orphanage and take care of himself during the last few months. He has just enough to go out in style.

Just bring the cash with you (don't bother with international transfers, it's not enough money for that) and go open an account at K Bank (the one in Asok, in the big Citibank building, is lenient with foreigners). You could give the card with the PIN to your girl on your deathbed. But honestly if I were you I would just give her a great monthly salary as mentioned, and spend it all myself. Go all out. Live like a millionaire for 2-3 months. Enjoy it.

Also, don't go to Pattaya, that's a very depressing place to spend your last weeks (it's a giant brothel). Stay in BKK, find your girl, and enjoy the big city, fine meals, hotels etc.

If you need someone to show you around and teach you the basics, PM me and let's grab a beer, I'm sure your perspective on life must be interesting.

I have a thai will in both thai and english with english the primary language in event of dispute

remember if you leave assets in the UK these will need probate to get them released, and involve filing forms with both probate office and UK Tax office

If you want to private message me may I can help more, not looking for anything just do not need a lot of irrelevant comments on my advice