New In Kanchanaburi

Katha89

Hey folks,

I'm Katha, 23, just moved to Kan and will be staying here for the next 10 month.

I'm really searching for free time activities, such as Thai lessons (gosh, I really have to learn this complicated language) and Sports. I played Volleyball back home and also badminton some years ago. I also brought my clarinet from home, so an orchestra or some music group would also be great.

But I'm also open to all other things, so if you have any idea how I'll get out of my boring room, please let me know (kind of desperate to finally get to know people over here;))

Thanks in advance,

cheers,

Katha

Hi Katha,

Try FineArts Photo Printing Camera etc. hop near the main bus station and ask for Art or his wife, they both speak English and mention Win, that is my name and I am sure they could help you.

If not send me PM.

Winsmile.png

Interesting. As a 23 year old, what brought you to Kanchanabury? (Just curious).

You seem to have many interests, but I am not shure if you can follow up on your interests much in Kanchanabury. At least you may well be the only Clarinet-Player there.smile.png

No matter how you slice it, Kanchanabury is still very "provincial" as far as Farang standards are concerned. You may be living in an environement, that does not suit you. Unless you are a very outgoing person, boredom might be your daily companion.

There are some Farangs in the aerea, but they mostly live with their Thai-Families and therefore this can not be compared to your situation. Rumor has it, that there are also a few other Farangs around but they prefer to spend their time in bars. Clearly, with those, you will hardly be able to do sports with, not to mention playing Clarinet !

By all means, keep us posted. A good story might unfold: A young 23 year old Farang (or Farangess), ends up in a provincial town in Thailand with ambition and a clarinet !!!

= THIS IS THE STUFF HOLLYWOOD MOVIES ARE MADE OF !clap2.gif

Cheers.

haha;)

I'm working for an NGO here in Kanchanaburi. However, my colleagues all have family and hardly speak english. They don't really help we with setting up my life here, so I was curious if anyone knows something to do.

Ok, forget about the clarinet;) What about a gym for instance? Or Volleyball team. It's not like I have to stick around with Farangs, so if it's a Thai team, I really don't mind.

haha;)

I'm working for an NGO here in Kanchanaburi. However, my colleagues all have family and hardly speak english. They don't really help we with setting up my life here, so I was curious if anyone knows something to do.

Ok, forget about the clarinet;) What about a gym for instance? Or Volleyball team. It's not like I have to stick around with Farangs, so if it's a Thai team, I really don't mind.

Huuuuuh! I have been crying in my pretzels for hours. I was thinking you were a backpacker trying to "rough-it". Nevermind. Working for an NGO makes you financially secure and you can take your time to settle-in.

For me it's somewhat of a drawback because I already called my Hollywood-Buddy Steven Spielberg, whispering something like ........." great stuff for blockbuster movie in the makings here" . Now, I am afraid, I have to call it all off.

Must stop now. I feel it coming on. I will be crying in my pretzels again shortly....sad.png

Cheers.

Huuuuuh! I have been crying in my pretzels for hours. I was thinking you were a backpacker trying to "rough-it". Nevermind. Working for an NGO makes you financially secure and you can take your time to settle-in.

For me it's somewhat of a drawback because I already called my Hollywood-Buddy Steven Spielberg, whispering something like ........." great stuff for blockbuster movie in the makings here" . Now, I am afraid, I have to call it all off.

Must stop now. I feel it coming on. I will be crying in my pretzels again shortly....sad.png

Cheers.

Give us all a break, please.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Kan Win