Convenience Store

Ok, Ive been reading for a while trying to get ideas.... There has been a lot of talk the last few weeks about buying a 7/11, and it made me think, why not do as the Thai's do and just copy the idea... Open your own convience store... Everyone seems to be saying that 7/11s make about 40,000 a month after fees..... I'm assuming that if you are running your own store, with the exact same set up, you should be able to pull double that or more right? From what Ive seen with Thai people, they dont shop at 7/11 because its 7/11, they shop there because its there... Just find a good location and set up shop...

BTW, anyone know the process to doing this? How hard is it to find suppliers?

As has been pointed out before, if you open a 7-11 and it is seen to be successful then another will open very near indeed. Second point is that you will more than likely be knocked out by pilfering.

And the odds are that you have no experience of stock control or cash flow. Other than that good luck.

Open your own store and I doubt you will get a contract with the water and electricity companies to allow people to pay their bills there. So that is a shedload of customers you won't have. And they will often buy more when they're in the store. You also won't get as good a deal with suppliers because you aren't buying in bulk. 7-11 also have their own products. You won't be able to complete with these as you will have much less volume.

But let us know how you get on.

So what Thais have you seen copying the 7-11 idea? I haven't seen any? Or are you claiming that every store in UK, USA, etc is unique and no-one opens similar stores. I just don't understand all this nonsense about Thais copying other businesses. I haven't noticed that at all and I've been here a few years now. And please don't tell me that opening a massage shop is copying an idea, as that is the usual nonsense I read on here.