Bought A New Motorcycle, Got A Years Free Insurance

Petec232

Who told you that? Compulsory government insurance must be paid to get your Tax sticker.

As long as you have the bike in your name & you have Thai licence no problems acquiring any level of additional insurance..

You can have from third party to full comprehensive or in between.

Who told you that? Compulsory government insurance must be paid to get your Tax sticker.

As long as you have the bike in your name & you have Thai licence no problems acquiring any level of additional insurance..

You can have from third party to full comprehensive or in between.

I don't know but there could be some insurance companies that might find the risk to great to insure foreigners for 3rd party or 1st class cover on motor bikes..

Any car, bus, truck, scooter, or motorcycle must have basic Compulsory insurance, In reality I don't think it really covers anything. Medical for the other person up to a limited total but at a government hospital where the care is free or low cost anyways. On a bike this will cost just 100 or 200 Bt. It does not cover any damaget to your bike or the other Car, bike, truck you may have hit.

you can up grade to First, Second, or third class insurance, But really if your getting any you should go with first class.

Covers damage, thieft. medical cost. For my PCX it was under 2000 for the year and my ninja was about 10,000 Bt.

So really your dealer didn't do much by giving you free insurance. tongue.png