Thai Health Ministry Urges Drinkers To Avoid Floodwaters

webfact

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai at Heart guess what, I read the OP and replied...

Sorry, wasn't having a go at u. Rather that not even the most careful granny would point out such a patently obvious bit of advice.

He might as well state that walking hammered down the expressway is dangerous.

That subtlety escaped my attention... biggrin.png

More unfortunate evidence of the competence of your average Kingdom denizen. It's all the more tragic because the selective disenfranchisement of the majority of Thais is largely accepted wholesale and many of the most exploited are the most vociferous in their defense of their own culture. The entire situation offers a terrifying exemplification of the delusions the human mind is capable of perpetrating on itself.

cheap publicity. is he in trouble now? so much thing to advised about. dont drink and drive, dangue fever/ mosquito, all crocodile farm, snake farm, zoos to strengthen their animal cage or tranfer the beast to other location as to avoid like last year story "croc in the city" "anaconda 7 - bangkok anaconda" ul la la

I was just getting low on patronizing statements...

But this one is incomplete.

Should include that people should avoid throwing themselves off balconies, as it might result in broken bones.

And avoid warming-up your hands over the natural gaz stove, as it might result in severe burns requiring cosmetic surgery.

And avoid thowing oneself off boats if one cannot swim...

I saw some other sugestions from other readers. I guess we can all learn from the thai health ministry and each other.

Amidst the current flooding, Deputy Minister of Public Health Dr. Surawit Khonsomboon has revealed the danger of being intoxicated while staying in the water, saying the act can lead to death from drowning.

Perhaps the tight collar of Pheu Thai Party MP and Deputy Public Health Minister Surawit is having an adverse effect on the blood flow to his cranium.

A01_2820.jpg

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

is this a kind of warning to tell us with a white lie that the floods are on the way and prepare all over again like last year because the governement spend 120 billion baht in bribes and no action flood planning and water works ?

Flood water, what flood water? The goverment told us all there would be no flooding this year........................

Wonder where that water now under my house is coming from? ermm.gif

You have to stay abreast of the new definition for flooding.

Countering reports that 20 provinces were flooded, [science Minister] Plodprasob said that only Ayutthaya's Bang Ban district and Phitsanulok's Bang Rakham district, which are under 30cm of water, were close to that state, defining "flooded" as being under 50cm or more of water.

How about, inundated families tell doctor to f*** off, and get government to improve flood protection.

I asked myself is the Dr. another victim who became addicted to ear medicine, or are his intellectual capabilities on the same level as those of Mr. Propellerflopp?

• Like 1

How about, inundated families tell doctor to f*** off, and get government to improve flood protection.

I asked myself is the Dr. another victim who became addicted to ear medicine, or are his intellectual capabilities on the same level as those of Mr. Propellerflopp?

A good person to ask that about Pheu Thai Party MP Surawit is Pheu Thai Party MP Parnthip... his wife.

--20090219105256.jpgpl94-20110615152029.jpg

www.PTP.or.th

Edited by Buchholz

I think I like most of the replies and it shows that a lot of the falangs living hear, can see the funny side in this story, even if is probably a bad situation, if your house is now surrounded by water. As far as I know, everybody should avoid flood water and not only drunken people. It is about time that the Thai Government does something about the flood situation. There are many experts in Europe, especially in The Netherlands, a country that has many areas below sealevel and you don't hear about flooding over there, and I am not from The Netherland or looking for a job. So they must do something right and the Thai Government should contact them and ask for their advise, but maybe that means they are loosing face, and that would be terrible, to ask somebody, when you don't have an answer to a problem. We all know Thailand and the Thais and still, we all love it here, why would we stay here otherwise.

"According to Dr. Surawit, alcohol consumption results in the expansion of blood vessels, causing the body to lose heat and the body temperature to drop. The occurrence, he explained, will lead to leg cramps, or worse, a body shutdown".

"Therefore, the Deputy Minister encouraged all consumers of alcoholic beverages in flood-affected areas to refrain from drinking near waterways as they would not be able to help themselves and could drown if they fell into the water".

What a clown!!!

I think that being submerged and trying to breath water might just be a tad more responsible for drownings than peoples blood vessels contracting and leg cramps.

He must have known that this would invite ridicule........or there again, it seems not!!!blink.png.