Defenders For Sale

wheelyking

Iv'e been looking around on the various car websites, taladrod.com one2car, and am surprised by the lack of clean Defenders available, there are some available, but as i am looking for something that is a bit newer than 60' or 70's, i am finding it quite difficult to find a clean example.

Can anyone direct me to where i can find a 90's or newer defender?

If you mean the LandRover defender they are a few kicking about. The trouble with the ones I have seen is they have ripped out the original engine and fitted a Toyota into it. At that point I have walked away. Did see a nice looking Discvery the other day for sale and keep meaning to drop in and have a look under the bonnet biggrin.png

The Landrover Defender was not really officially imported in Thailand for many years.

Now, the 90 and 110 in passenger guise are imported with a pricetag of 3+ million baht.

Will not be easy to find a good one, because if the above

There are indeed a few around, but they are, I guess, all grey imports.

Personally a 110 HT with the 5 cyl engine would be my favourite.

Or even better, a 130 crew cab.

The rumour that the current Defender might soldier on, maybe from CKD-kits to start with, later completely built from scratch alongside Tata products, in Thailand

And that even after the introduction of the new Defender

That might bring the price down to an acceptable.

A little off topic but still Landrover based. The new Range Rover Evoque. I have had a few Range Rovers but this looks like it has been squashed and doesn't look at all right. I hate to think what they want to sting you for one here? w00t.gif

I stopped today to look at the Discovery i have seen and it has a D4D Toyota engine stuck in it.

A little off topic but still Landrover based. The new Range Rover Evoque. I have had a few Range Rovers but this looks like it has been squashed and doesn't look at all right. I hate to think what they want to sting you for one here? w00t.gif

I stopped today to look at the Discovery i have seen and it has a D4D Toyota engine stuck in it.

About 4MB.

Not sure about Defenders but personally thing new Range Rover Evoque is one sexy looking vehicle.

I saw one in Pattaya today, yes I agree 100%.

Man I would love to drive one and then catch a T. Tuna at 160 on the toll way and flash the lights and then floor it.

Okay it would be a bit inhuman, the poor guy might commit suicide when he gets home with tears on his cheeks, lol

Not sure about Defenders but personally thing new Range Rover Evoque is one sexy looking vehicle.

I saw one in Pattaya today, yes I agree 100%.

Man I would love to drive one and then catch a T. Tuna at 160 on the toll way and flash the lights and then floor it.

Okay it would be a bit inhuman, the poor guy might commit suicide when he gets home with tears on his cheeks, lol

That is the one I'm talking about. It looks like they have dropped something very heavy on its roof and squashed it and at 4m that finishes it.

Evoque looks good, at least its distinctive and not another SUV box. However 4M baht only makes sense in the crazy pricing structure of Land Rover / Range Rover Thailand.

I doubt many Fortuner drivers will be committing suicide after being over taken by an Evoque. Not much shame in being overtaken by a vehicle with 3 x the price. I gather the Evoque comes with a 2.0L petrol or 2.2L Diesel with 150 - 190hp, dragging around 1.7 tonnes. No doubt can overtake a Tuner but probably not that rapidly.

A little off topic but still Landrover based. The new Range Rover Evoque. I have had a few Range Rovers but this looks like it has been squashed and doesn't look at all right.

I think it looks like a Ssangyong that an elephant accidentally sat on.

Evoque looks good, at least its distinctive and not another SUV box. However 4M baht only makes sense in the crazy pricing structure of Land Rover / Range Rover Thailand.

I doubt many Fortuner drivers will be committing suicide after being over taken by an Evoque. Not much shame in being overtaken by a vehicle with 3 x the price. I gather the Evoque comes with a 2.0L petrol or 2.2L Diesel with 150 - 190hp, dragging around 1.7 tonnes. No doubt can overtake a Tuner but probably not that rapidly.

I was taking the piss regarding the suicide thing.

Less than 200hp now that is really disapointing, I would have have thought that a car looking like that should be min. 300.

Flick me a PM if you want to buy a new Defender, the parent company I work for has a "child" business that is the authorized Land Rover vehicle dealer spanning over 60 countries across Eastern and Central Europe, Central Asia, Asia Pacific and Sub Saharan Africa.

They can sort something and we have a dealership in Bangkok.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

If you mean the LandRover defender they are a few kicking about. The trouble with the ones I have seen is they have ripped out the original engine and fitted a Toyota into it. At that point I have walked away. Did see a nice looking Discvery the other day for sale and keep meaning to drop in and have a look under the bonnet biggrin.png

Thanks for your reply guys, i really appreciate your help.

Think i read a while back that the Thai army bought a lot of defenders then ended up ripping out the original engines and fitting Jap engines. To be honest, as i am planning to use the landy for trucking up and down hills, a more powerful jap engine might be a benefit.

Any one have any thoughts on this? Do you reckon the 4x4 would still be intact if the engine had been swapped?

New landy made in Thailand would suit perfectly, with a realistic price tag would be a real option, but at the mo, a new car at 3million baht is well out of reach, which is the main reason for looking for a second hander.

A Defender with a Jap diesel would be fine providing the gear box torque rating and gearing were OK.

In the 80's Land Rover sold the 110 in Australia with Isuzu 4BD1 3.9L engines and Range Rover LT95 4 speed gear box with constant 4WD. These were great trucks, the Isuzu engine and the 110 coil suspension were way ahead of the diesel Toyota Land Cruisers at that time. The Army had some 6x6 versions with a turbo as well.

2.2 diesel has 190 HP, 2.0 petrol 240 HP