Express Or Over-Night Mail Within Thailand?

Mike West

Hi All,

I did some searching but didn't find the answer I was looking for, I need to send a mate's camera to Phuket from Bangkok, as he left it in the hotel where he was staying at, reception kindly held onto it for him, they rang his phone and he asked to hand it in to me so that I could send it to him.

I would like to know how reliable is the mail service within Thailand? as I need to send it to Phuket tomorrow, and needs to arrive I guess asap or before Thursday as that's when he departs to go home.

Do they have an Express Post system with tracking number, and will it arrive on the next business day? does the domestic postal service here open parcels etc, any chance the camera could go "missing"?

Thanks in advance.

EMS by Thai post will do nicely, and probably 1/10th the cost of DHL.

Never have any problems with EMS domestic.

Post before 11.00am on Monday - should reach Phuket on Tuesday.

Sorry ,last Q, would I need to take ID for domestic mail? as I don't wanna leave and have to go back for my Passport, cheers.

I've never had to show any ID when sending parcels.

Make sure it's packaged well and protected. I've had parcels arrive that look like they've played football with them en route.

So they do open them? I hope they don't choose to do that with a camera.

I've not been aware of any being opened, but anything fragile is likely to get damaged if not well packaged. This can be because of poor handling or water damage.