Capital Braces For Gaemi

Lite Beer

Well all's calm in Don Meuang and Lak-si right now. Clear skies, in fact.

Is this the silence before the storm, or a load of cadswallop yet again? Me wonders not.

-mel.

Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra said after the meeting with agencies concerned and inspection on flood prevention measures at several locations that the storm is likely to move southward and may not have direct impact on the capital.

However, it will see more rain in the next two days with very heavy rain in some areas. A new storm is developing in the Pacific Ocean and city hall will monitor its movement.

Question?

So is it going to rain in Bangkok or what? as we seem to have been waiting for this storm for years, actually never mind back to work in Chumphon tomorrrow , now is it going to rain there??

Ah more beer!

Question?

So is it going to rain in Bangkok or what? as we seem to have been waiting for this storm for years, actually never mind back to work in Chumphon tomorrrow , now is it going to rain there??

Ah more beer!

Well I cannot help you to answer this question , bit I'm eating at the restaurant with my girlfriend at Rangsit Pathum Thani. No rain so far right now, as well as no wind , (YET....)

I keep telling my girlfriend to watch the weather report carefully, Because I am very worried about her and us two. It seems like Ro me that Plodprasop's predication was way of the mark for at least this weekend in Nontaburi and Rangsit sections so far....

I hope you people are true and the storm is really weakening because I land in Bangkok for the first time in my life tomorrow.

HA, HA, HA, boy are you in for a surprise. Just where a raincoat to Soi Cowboy, you'll be alright.

Yes unless you came with a significant other you are not likely to care about the weather if you plan to visit the entertainment areas of BKK. giggle.gif

Well as of 2330 hrs today we have yet to see rain in central and north Bangkok from either the monsson or this agrandized tropical storm. Looks like the Thai authorities do not have the faintest idea of how to interpret weather conditions except by means of blowing it all out of context to protect their lack of substance or ability. I would not be suprised to read tomorrow that owing to the intervention of the local agencies working in concert that they alone have managed to weaked and divert mother nature to protect the citizens of this fair country. Well done. I just love it when a plan comes together.

• Like 1

I talked to my Thai uncle and he said, it will probably start from tomorrow on, opposed to what Plodprasop and his goons predicted THIS weekend...

Overall I had a wonderful weekend with my girls-friend... and I told her to watch the weather report every day and stay ready...

I talked to my Thai uncle and he said, it will probably start from tomorrow on, opposed to what Plodprasop and his goons predicted THIS weekend...

Overall I had a wonderful weekend with my girls-friend... and I told her to watch the weather report every day and stay ready...

Here in Khet Dusit dry since Friday late night. With rain already along the Cambodian border I expect to get wet when going to work tomorrow morning. Life can be tough sad.png

This is sort of off topic but this is all the result of the storm so I will still post here.

Look into catching the train from the airport. The taxi could take a while.

Ok can you please guide me from the Suvarnabhumi Airport to Sukhumvit 81, Bang Chak, Phra Khanong, Bangkok using train, since the taxi count take a while.

moe666 and others, what is there in walking distance of Sukhumvit 81, Bang Chak, Phra Khanong, Bangkok. Even shopping indoors would be fun. I was really looking forward to going to MBK center and Pratunum.

You're close to On Nut BTS, so you can basically get anywhere, particularly MBK (National Stadium BTS), and all of the night life locations are close to a BTS station. Pratunum isn't close to a BTS station, so you might have to walk a bit to get there. Overall, it's only going to be rain for a day or so, so it's not going to be an issue for you once you're here.

As far as directions from the airport, given that you're in Soi 81, it's probably a toss-up as to whether a taxi or the trains would be better. If you're arriving in the morning and it's raining, you're screwed both ways - packed trains and busy traffic. If you're arriving in the evening (note: the trains stop at around midnight) and it's raining, the train would be OK and the taxi may be OK.

IF you were to take the train, go to the bottom floor of the terminal and catch the City Line train to Phaya Thai (end of the line). You could catch the Express train but they don't run as often and there isn't much difference between the time taken for the Express and City Line (stops all stations) anyway. At Phaya Thai, there is a short walk way to the BTS station. From there, get a train to On Nut (pronounced On Noot). The main issue with catching a train is you still may need to catch a taxi to get to where you're staying.

But, having said all of that, given that you're staying in Suk Soi 81 ... I think a taxi is the way to go.

Just buy a pass or have coins and try to figure it out. Pass is easiest. You are a little ways down Sukhumvit...I usually stay closer in. Cab is fine if not a rush hour arrival. Say arrive at midnight like many just go get Taximeter and have good directions to hotel.

Cyclone Gaemi has officially broken up and is gone.

http://agora.ex.nii.ac.jp/digital-typhoon/summary/wnp/l/201220.html.en

http://www.weather.com/maps/geography/asia/asiasatellite_large_animated.html

There is now another storm heading for the Phillipines but apparently it will not affect Thailand as its travelling the other way.

Same girl, slightly less stupid comedy sketches interfering with the weather forecast on peak time channel 7 tv (what the Royals did today).

Oh <deleted>, there goes my f8 key. Bitch about Chinese workmanship.

Anyone in the northeast and border areas that can comment on conditions now?

Buriram, close to the Cambodian border.

Fairly heavy rain started at 2pm finished by 6pm, drizzle on and off until 9pm, a little heavier until midnight.

This morning dry but cloudy, will not be doing any laundry.

"The BMA Drainage Office has set up operation centres at 10 sites to tackle possible storms and rain.

a PTT gas station on outbound Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road." - dam_n it, must be real serious shi* coming our way. ermm.gif

Oh! They also placed 29 water-pushing boats........ cheesy.gif ... where they gonna push the water to... Ayutthaya? whistling.gif

-mel.

Do you know what a water pushing boats/machine is?

Do you know what a water pushing boat/machine looks like?

Do you know how a water pushing boat/machine works?

If so can you please enlighten us.

"The BMA Drainage Office has set up operation centres at 10 sites to tackle possible storms and rain.

a PTT gas station on outbound Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road." - dam_n it, must be real serious shi* coming our way. ermm.gif

Oh! They also placed 29 water-pushing boats........ cheesy.gif ... where they gonna push the water to... Ayutthaya? whistling.gif

-mel.

Do you know what a water pushing boats/machine is?

Do you know what a water pushing boat/machine looks like?

Do you know how a water pushing boat/machine works?

If so can you please enlighten us.

This is a picture from last month when the government run their drainage tests. As to how it works and whether it performs as suggested I refrain from commenting

post-58-0-18903400-1349668697_thumb.jpeg

Well, that was an anti-climax. Huge amounts of rain was forecast, and all we got was a couple of hours of drizzle.

Well, now government officials are overly cautious in order to protect their public image to delude our attention to "that they care about us. "

Well as of 2330 hrs today we have yet to see rain in central and north Bangkok from either the monsson or this agrandized tropical storm. Looks like the Thai authorities do not have the faintest idea of how to interpret weather conditions except by means of blowing it all out of context to protect their lack of substance or ability. I would not be suprised to read tomorrow that owing to the intervention of the local agencies working in concert that they alone have managed to weaked and divert mother nature to protect the citizens of this fair country. Well done. I just love it when a plan comes together.

Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra said after the meeting with agencies concerned and inspection on flood prevention measures at several locations that the storm is likely to move southward and may not have direct impact on the capital.

However, it will see more rain in the next two days with very heavy rain in some areas. A new storm is developing in the Pacific Ocean and city hall will monitor its movement.

Should we now make an assumption about foreigners ability to read or comprehend or think beyond their ability of false self superiority?