The Best Hotel In Bangkok ?

bermondburi

So I am arriving in BKK on the 17th having just done an eight week tour of duty in Saudi Arabia . I will be meeting my wife and kids in BKK for a few days before heading to the house upcountry . I want to stay somewhere nice and for once in my life I will be flush with petrodollars , so , I was wondering where would you stay in BKK ? The best hotel for comfort , service , value for money , view etc . Don't really want to be spending more than 5000 a night . Any ideas would be apreciated . Previously I've stayed in the Swissotel on Wireless Road because the garden and pool area is so nice , and I also like staying in the Baiyoke Tower because the children really like being high up .

Prices have gone up in last two or three years. Doubt the op can get oriental for 5k a night

For that price range try

Sofitel sukhumvit

Sofitel So

Pullman Silom

These are not on the river but are new hotels with rooftop restaurants, pool and such. So u should get a decent view. Pullman should be around 3.5k I think. Sofitel more than 4k.

Another option could be the Eastin Grande on sathorn. Haven't seen their rooms, but couple months ago they had special deal of thb 2500 or 2600 as part of their launch special. Maybe a bit more now, but worth checking

Last time I went through BKK I stayed here: President Solitaire Hotel at the top of Sukh Soi 11.

It was booked through Agoda for about 2000 - 2500 I think and it was ace - huge apartment type suite (it was bigger than the condo I live in), great staff, very good buffet breakfast, good location, pool gym etc. I thoroughly recommend it.

And enjoy your holiday - I did a couple of years in KSA and then a year in Qatar - not mad keen on going back ! ermm.gif

Edited by londoedan

Try the Shangri-la Hotel. It's right by the river and next the bts. Nice room and good service.

The Krungthep Wing is where you get a 24 hour butler on call also,I stayed there one time,fantastic views over the Chao Praya!

Didn't use the butler mind,gave her 200 baht and the night off,she seemed happy!wai.gif

I've been in rooms/stayed at the Oriental, Metropolitan, Marriot Apartments, Marriot Riverside, JW Marriott, Shangri La, Millennium Hilton. For kids, I'd say the Marriot Riverside with its tropical environment and large modern rooms. If you want to be in town, then the JW has the next best rooms and VFM I'd say.

I've been in rooms/stayed at the Oriental, Metropolitan, Marriot Apartments, Marriot Riverside, JW Marriott, Shangri La, Millennium Hilton. For kids, I'd say the Marriot Riverside with its tropical environment and large modern rooms. If you want to be in town, then the JW has the next best rooms and VFM I'd say.

The Marriot Riverside is now the Anantara Riverside, the owner and Marriot management fell out a while ago.

IMHO, reading what you like, the Pullman Kingpower might be worth a try.

It is a 4star, not too expensive, has a very nice pool area, located near 2 BTS stations (Victory and Phiathai), the nearby Soi Rangnam is great for small restaurants and (friendly) bars and pubs.

could be a nightmare with traffic though (Amari watergate - corner of Pratunam, the junction just past the Central World)

I saw JW Marriott has an online price for 'some' weekends at 5000 THB a night (didnt check if included taxes and service charge or not). If yes that would be within your budget and a nice hotel. Location - not too far from the Nana skytrain station.