The Mother In Law

payak

If I was to marry my previous American girlfriend, it was expected that both of our parents would give us a little help in regards to buying a house.

Her parents had almost guaranteed that if we got married the would give us the deposit to buy a house.

What kind of society is this where the young have to take care of the old blink.png

so you can spunge of the perents of the girl you would marry,

so they have to work hard all there lifes to help you,,lol,

your having a laugh,

i would call that big double standerds

you want to go to the toilet and give your head a shake, your full of it,

jake

He's young and inadequately educated, Jake.... a wee laddie trying to play big.

But this IS how Western society is set-up to operate!

Go to work,buy a house,pay your taxes,bring up your kids,marry them off.Buy them a house or at least give them a deposit,possibly by re-mortgaging your property!

In the case of the UK die and pay inheritance tax of 40% on the house you slaved for,or alternatively sell your house to pay the debts you owe to the nursing home that you die in!

He is right,although no-one's saying it's right.Personally I prefer the Asian way and who better to help with your own new family than parents who have already done the job once and have all the experience needed to do a good or even better job second time around?

The issue is this business of buying houses for people after 3 months of dating their daughter,it's just not economically viable and as shown in numerous threads on here,just breeds resentment more than anything!rolleyes.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was to marry my previous American girlfriend, it was expected that both of our parents would give us a little help in regards to buying a house.

Her parents had almost guaranteed that if we got married the would give us the deposit to buy a house.

What kind of society is this where the young have to take care of the old blink.png

so you can spunge of the perents of the girl you would marry,

so they have to work hard all there lifes to help you,,lol,

your having a laugh,

i would call that big double standerds

you want to go to the toilet and give your head a shake, your full of it,

jake

He's young and inadequately educated, Jake.... a wee laddie trying to play big.

But this IS how Western society is set-up to operate!

Go to work,buy a house,pay your taxes,bring up your kids,marry them off.Buy them a house or at least give them a deposit,possibly by re-mortgaging your property!

In the case of the UK die and pay inheritance tax of 40% on the house you slaved for,or alternatively sell your house to pay the debts you owe to the nursing home that you die in!

He is right,although no-one's saying it's right.Personally I prefer the Asian way and who better to help with your own new family than parents who have already done the job once and have all the experience needed to do a good or even better job second time around?

The issue is this business of buying houses for people after 3 months of dating their daughter,it's just not economically viable and as shown in numerous threads on here,just breeds resentment more than anything!rolleyes.gif

In my opinion, anyone that pays inheritance tax is a mug. Far better is to sell the house when you retire and live it large in a nice warm country like Thailand.

It's what I'd have done had I not lived with the hag from hell and lost the house to her when I finally wised up.

Life really is a bitch!