Insurance

Hey,

What are the different options regarding insurance for your bike?

I got two Nouvo's and a CBR250.

Thanks

You could get a first class policy for the CBR. There is also a new policy available for smaller bikes. Not quite first class, but pretty good. If you are interested, send me a PM. Thanks.

Brian

When you've paid taxes and got plates on your bike, does that gives you a third class?

I'm only interested in an insurance that would cover the third party, because my own insurance covers my own damages.

Yes, before you get the tax sticker you have to have paid a very limited 3rd party insurance.

When you've paid taxes and got plates on your bike, does that gives you a third class?

I'm only interested in an insurance that would cover the third party, because my own insurance covers my own damages.

You say you have insurance for damages to your bike so you must have 1st Class – therefore you are already covered for Third Party damages and medical expenses

You say you have insurance for damages to your bike so you must have 1st Class – therefore you are already covered for Third Party damages and medical expenses

Sorry, my bad - By my own damages I mean that my life insurance covers damages to my own body.

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry, my bad - By my own damages I mean that my life insurance covers damages to my own body.

Thanks for the replies.

Life insurance yes if you die - but then if you are dead so what. The problem comes in an accident with the medical expenses

Thanks for the replies.

Maybe you mean your health insurance covers damages to your own body?

Thanks for the replies.

Maybe you mean your health insurance covers damages to your own body?

Yes, correct.

You might look into the better liability cover. If you have a passenger on your bike or if you hit another vehicle and those people go to a private hospital that 450 baht per year coverage will not buy many days at a private hospital. If you cause an accident and you total another motorbike you might want better liability coverage. Bailbond is NOT included in the 450 baht policy. If you skip the theft coverage for your bike, but have MUCH higher medical and liability cover, plus the bailbond cover, you might see that 2000 baht well spent. ThaiSri will give good discounts for two or more bikes insured by the same registered owner.

Before you can register you have to have Compulsory 3rd Party liability insurance. You can get it at the same place you register your bike, if you want. It provides about 100,000 baht liability protection if you kill or injure someone with your bike, and up to 5 million if you kill or injure a lot of people. It provides no liability protection for property damage.

To be safe, though, you should also get Voluntary 3rd Party liability insurance . It pays in addition to the Compulsory coverage and covers 3rd party liability for property damage and covers some Bail Bond to help get you out of jail, if necessary. There are some other benefits also. The cost is about 2,000 baht, more or less.

What CTPL actually covers.

Under Road Protection Act, B.E. 2535 or legal mandatory under Thai law, every car-owner is required to carry Compulsory Third Party Liability Insurance cover death and bodily injury of a third party caused by an insured vehicle.

ctpl.jpg

Basic Coverage

The Company will pay the injured party for medical expenses in case of bodily injury and funeral expenses in case of loss of life without waiting for proof of guilt. The Company will indemnify the injured party or his heir within 7 days from the date of claim submission. This indemnity is called Preliminary Compensation.

For Bodily Injury: The Company will pay actual medical expenses and other expenses necessarily incurred for treatment up to Baht 15,000.

For loss of organ or permanent disability

For Death: The Company will pay funeral expenses and other expenses necessarily incurred for funeral arrangements at Baht 35,000.