Wat Srisuda In Chiang Mai

Rinrada

Anyone any idea about location,address,info or anything on a Wat Srisuda in Chiang Mai.

Only gen I have at the mo is that it may be "somewhere" along the road between C.M University and Doi Suthep...not a lot to go on..sorry..krup :o

Why do you need to go there? Knowing this might give more clues as to where it is.

It is not the beautiful little "Wat Pa" off a little road to the left about half way up the hill is it. I forget the name of that one, but it is a great place to go and sit and quietly meditate by the stream. A nice, (rough) path from there, following the stream, back down to Chiang Mai too.

Yup. It's not Srisuda though But Sri Soda with an O. It's the temple just a bit after passing the monk's shrine on your way up Doi Suthep. Went there once, didn't find anything too special? Lot of concrete all around. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

I visisted Wat Si Soda a few weeks ago, I thought it was a really nice wat. Nothing to see in the way of art, but evey clean and well-organised comparatively speaking.

Rinrada if you're looking for Phra Ja, the well-known monk that used to do tattoos there, he disrobed the 1st week of January this year after 20+ years in robes, and has moved on. The monks said he went to in Ban Mae Khi, Tambon Mae Raem, Amphoe Mae Rim.

The entrance is just past the shrine to Khruba Siwichai on the left.

Why do you need to go there? Knowing this might give more clues as to where it is.

My business associates mum died and and K.wifes dad was venerated (died)recentley and I was asked to come and "celebrate" at Sri soda on next visit.

His family have a big connection "oop there"and I will eventually probably call it home one day(C.M)

Like the idea of being part of the community.. :o:D Nice pic of mate with his & my wife last year...

Another nice aspect of Wat Sisoda is that they have HIV education outreach programs. All the monks are trained in HIV/AIDS education (by an Australian) and then they council laypeople where needed. They recently opened a nice clinic, complete with beds for overnight stays, perhaps one of the few monastery clinics in Chiang Mai.