Immigration Line At Present

moe666

Ok guys, arrived yesterday at 1130 am got to the immigration snake line from the time to enter till completion 25 min. which isn't to bad. I had a trainee inspector and he stamped me in correctly with my re-entry permit until the 1 feb.2013. Walked over to the baggage and there they where collected the luggage and headed for taxi 30 min total from entering the line to walk away with liggage.

For some interest I counted various groups of people 90 percent of the people in line were asian and 10 percent was farang. Not a scientific poll and maybe not accurate but in this line at this time thats how it worked out.

arr at Swampy 1910-around 19.00 on EK-and it took me less as 50 mins from getting off plane to stepping into airporttrain with luggage etc in hand. Had the line at immit been a bit shorter, I would have to wait for luggage to come-what the difference in that anyway?

99% of farang all seem over-eager to directly fone the waiting ''GF'' at other side they are there. As if it really matters if thats 5 mins later or not.The form line befroe system now works, as all the Chinese non-alfabets are sifted out and instructed to do their arr-card homework properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Departed for PI. on the 15th breezed thru immigration no problem. Arrived back on the 2nd of Nov. at 2300 hours about 10 min thru immigration did look back once and the line had lengthen a bit. Waited for bag about 10 min. out the door to cab downtown in 40 min.

4 days ago, around 20 minutes from joining the queue which was spilling out down the ramp, going through the snaking roped off area to placing my passport on the official's desk. The whole time being shoved and prodded from behind by an Arab family whilst maintaining my English reserve until finally daddy Arab stood on my foot. Just wait till the oil runs out.

Arrived today 16th on EK384 on time at 12:05, Immigration line was fine, saw a tiny cute immigration officer with no one waiting and went straight up to her, nice smile and a little chat with her, longest wait was for my bag. Talked to two of the immigration helpers at the queue, nice friendly smiles and chat with both, it was a pleasure after flying all the way from Rio.

12th of Nov: walked straight to the officer at around 23.15 hrs (who then tried to cheat me and stamped in only 30 days instead of 90 - but as I always have a look at my passport after leaving the immigration desk, I quickly discovered this and went back - the lady just had closed her desk and wanted to flee, but I was faster ^_^ )

12th of Nov: walked straight to the officer at around 23.15 hrs (who then tried to cheat me and stamped in only 30 days instead of 90 - but as I always have a look at my passport after leaving the immigration desk, I quickly discovered this and went back - the lady just had closed her desk and wanted to flee, but I was faster happy.png )

Really. Tried to cheat you. Hmmmm. And what would be in it for her to "cheat" you like that? Don't you think it's possible that she merely made a mistake?

• Like 1

I went through immigration both ways twice this month, and was very surprised to see how things have improved ! Much better on the way in, with the single queue system, much much better on the way out ! I don't know if this is the new norm, but it didn't take me more than 15 minutes to get through security and passport control on the way out, when on my last trip in February and previous trips last year, it could take 3 hours !

• 2 weeks later...

Came through last Thursday afternoon and despite there being plenty of people things were moving along quite smoothly. The snake line and having a couple of staff checking everyone before they got to an immigration desk to see their documents were in order makes all the difference.

Friday out and Saturday in.

Arrived at 07:00 Friday for an 08:00 departure on THAI to Singapore. Check-in and bag drop was super quiet, security and passport control was fast and had time to pop into the lounge on the way to the last bloody gate E9!!! The plane was a chock-full 747, and despite on-time arrival in Changi, it took about 30 minutes just to get through Immigration there... and the bags still 15 minutes late. Changi is VERY busy right now btw.

Came back on another chock-full 747 (check-in at Changi was loads busier than the Suvarnabhumi check-in was but well managed); loads of families on holidays. Arrived 30 minutes late at 14:15 on Saturday and pulled into gate B8 which meant buses to the Immigration zone. Passport control was well staffed and quick despite the huge amount of people that didn't fill in their landing cards but they were pulled aside by the pre-screeners. Arrived at the carousel just as my (priority) bag shot down the slide. Say about 40 minutes pass through?

Edited by NanLaew

• 2 weeks later...

I'm arriving to Bangkok this Saturday at 7am on a long overnight flight with my wife and 3 kids. I would like to get the hotel as fast as possible so we can have a nap and still see the city.

I expect there will be hordes of arriving passengers on the Saturday before New Year, and I'm trying to decide if it is worthwhile to buy fast-track through immigration.

When there is a peak of arrivals, how quickly do the immigration authorities add officers to cope with the increase? Can I be pretty confident that even with a large number of arrivals the wait will not be too long? Or is it likely to be chaotic and slow?

Thanks for your advice.

Just now an immigration officer on duty started talking to me on an Internet chat line. Makes u wonder. When I asked about working hours I was told they work a day shift one day, a night shift the next day and then get 2 days off ! If true this makes no sense at all. No wonder they claim shortage of immigration officers.

Arrived on 28/12 early evening and immigration was rammed, but Fast Track was very quiet and out in no time.

Going out through Fast Track on 4/1 I thought it was busy but it was just security and the sudden arrival of a couple of flight crews. Again, very quick through immigration.

Having said that, they seemed to be processing people a lot quicker. Perhaps they've removed a dumb, pointless step or two from the procedure?

I arrived Dec 26, 1130 am. Took about 30 minutes to get through immigration. All booths looked manned. Lines just about filled up to the top of the ramp when I got there, then I noticed they got a little longer. I only had carry on bag so that 30 minutes was my total wait time, minus the 2 mile walk from the gate! I came in on EVA from Los Angeles to Taipei

• 4 weeks later...

I flew from Manchester UK on 26th jan and with the overnight snow I stood waiting to go through security for 1 1/2 hours. Arrived at swampy and was through in 20 minutes, no waiting and bags were on the carousel in 10 minutes. Got a metered taxi and the drivers only English was "tip tip" so one of my better flights smile.png