I Want To Live Near A Beautiful Beach. Not Too Far From Bangkok.

Where would that be? A place I could go snorkel or fishing in the Ocean with semi clean visible water.

I spent a great deal of my childhood living in Florida with my Grandfather. I absolutely LOVED being in the gulf of mexico every day. Snorkeling and just swimming all day. I would like to find a place similar to that where I could go snorkel or diving not far from my home.

Close to bangkok none.

The first 'clean' beach and water i found going south is Ban Krut. Snorkeling can be done at Koh Talu. Nothing spectacular though.

Chumphon is nothing, too many sandfleas and sharp shells, muddy water. It is however easy from there to go to Koh Tao.

Koh Tao is what i would classify as a beautiful beach/island.

Staying on the main land Krabi. For snorkeling though a little boat trip is necessary.

Going east, I think only a beach on Koh Chang, the rest is mediocre at best (including Koh Samet).

Edited by Khun Jean

What do you consider too far? I consider Krabi not too far as it is just an hour flight and fits your description. Any beach within a close driving proximity to BKK is filthy and I would not get in the water.

Nah mate, Krabi is too close to Bangkok.

Get yourself down to Wilson's Prom in Victoria, Australia. Lot less tourists and the beaches are bigger.

Beautiful clean beaches near to Bangkok = not bloody likely. Move to Chiang Mai, the lower cost of living will enable you to fly to God's own country Australia to enjoy the beaches there. Works for me. Only pussies are afraid of sharks and strong currents, aside from that safe beaches are plentiful.

The South end of Koh Chang island is the closest (5 hours) from Bangkok with somewhat clear water, and priced reasonably to live on long term. From Koh Chang there are other more remote islands from there if you prefer. The diving, and snorkling is good from the South end of the island, with lots of rock out croppings. Visibility is about 30m depending on the time of year.

• Like 1

Off Thungwhalaen beach in Chumphon there are some small islands and the water there is clear, there was also an ad in yesterday's Bangkok post advertising Chumphon as a tourist destination, plus it is also the place to catch the ferry to Koh Tao. Google Chumphon and what turns up.

Sent from my GT-I9003

The South end of Koh Chang island is the closest (5 hours) from Bangkok with somewhat clear water, and priced reasonably to live on long term. From Koh Chang there are other more remote islands from there if you prefer. The diving, and snorkling is good from the South end of the island, with lots of rock out croppings. Visibility is about 30m depending on the time of year.

I just checked that area out on google earth. looks very nice. would love to get down there one day soon.

There is a function in google earth that labels dive sites too. not sure if that is indicative of good vis, or wrecks, or both.

Anyway, thanks for the post.

• 2 weeks later...