Baby With Girl Who Was Underage.

perrychrispy

When I met my Thai girlfriend she told me she was 19 and I was 25 at the time. Now 2 years and 1 baby boy later she tells me she is only 18 which means she was 16 when we first started seeing each other which infuriated me! Believe me, she did not look nor dress like she was 16 :/

My main concern now is that when I bring my 1yo son to the American Embassy for citizenship and a passport, they'll do the math and know she was only 16 when we consummated and then arrest me for statutory rape.

What do I do??

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not believe they will arrest you when you go to the embassy.

First, they are not the enforcer of Thai laws, and seeing that your transgretions were in Thailand they have no oversight or authority over it. (if i steal something here, they will not jail me there).

Second, (and i could be wrong) I believe the age of consent here is 15 or 16 (not that I would ever touch something that young at my age).

Edited by yourauntbob

she told me she was 19 and... Now 2 years and 1 baby boy later she tells me she is only 18

You have a child with your partner and you have never seen her ID card?

Edited by Morakot

First, they are not the enforcer of Thai laws, and seeing that your transgretions were in Thailand they have no oversight or authority over it. (if i steal something here, they will not jail me there).

Second, (and i could be wrong) I believe the age of consent here is 15 or 16 (not that I would ever touch something that young at my age).

I use to believe that.

If you engage in illegal sexual activities in a foreign country you can be persecuted by the American government.

http://www.worldvision.org/resources.nsf/main/child_protection.pdf/$file/stp_law.pdf

The OP should consult with a lawyer to see what his position is about marrying an underage female.

If the female was underage, I thought here in Thailand she would need to get the permission of her parents to

marry. If the parents gave permission, I don't think the op will have any problems.

• Like 1

No I did not check her ID. When I met her she worked at a pool hall serving drinks. Now I know this is Thailand but I just assumed you had to be over 18. Also since she was really good about lying about her age, she was also really good at keeping her identification away.

Her mom is ok about it (father passed). So I'm not worried about that. Just I know that technically the embassy is American soil so they can if they want, enforce their law.

I was thinking about running for the hills cause now I just can't trust her, but I love my son too much to just abandon him.

Just gonna have to see a lawyer I guess

No I did not check her ID. When I met her she worked at a pool hall serving drinks. Now I know this is Thailand but I just assumed you had to be over 18. Also since she was really good about lying about her age, she was also really good at keeping her identification away.

Her mom is ok about it (father passed). So I'm not worried about that. Just I know that technically the embassy is American soil so they can if they want, enforce their law.

I was thinking about running for the hills cause now I just can't trust her, but I love my son too much to just abandon him.

Normally people here look younger than their age.

Especially when make up is off.

And, when we start having a conversation with them, we will soon figure out levels as well.

All these things should easily have told you she was a young girl.

Having said that,

Her mom is ok with it.

What about you family?

• Like 1

Also you guys seem to be doing the trolling. You don't understand the situation. I was gone for a year working in OZ, saving money while she was over here taking care of the baby. It wasn't until I came back 2 weeks ago and made an appointment with the US embassy that she came out and told me! I'm not some pedo that gets off on banging teenage girls! If I would have known I wouldn't have gotten involved

You may also make a dna test on the child. As you said " cause now I just can't trust her".

• Like 1

Yea they look younger which is also why I wasn't suspicious. She also had a massive chest for such a young girl. Did you also not read that she was serving drinks at a pool hall?

I didn't come on here to get reprimanded! Just some advice is all. Hopefully someone with a similar experience

Hang on a minute the age of consent in America varies according to state 16 upwards, so if they don't arrest someone in another state for having sex with a 16 year old they're hardly likely to arrest someone whose met the law in Thailand or am I missing something ?

Just asked my wife. The legal age for sex in Thailand is 18.

There must be ways around your problem regards to the child. Just put your thinking cap on.

Sorry my wifes an idiot sometimes.Im gonna smack her in the head for that.

Edited by krisb
  • Like 1

Dont run away. Work through the issue and find the answer. There is 1.

Keep your chin up and dont panic mate

Age of consent in Thailand is 15 years old.

The only provisos are

1 With parents consent

2 There must be no monetary or non-monetary inducements associated with the permission.

No difference for Thais or Foreigners, and is for allowing sexual relations.