Immunity For Thai Senator Who Shot Ex-Wife

webfact

police to question one of its members who shot his ex-wife at the dinner table with an Uzi 9mm pistol

Love and Hate Do Frequently interact. wai2.gif

Edited by metisdead
: Bold font removed.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boonsong_Kowawisarat_ca3c6.jpg

Actually, not to split hairs, but I think it was a 9mm semi, also manufactured by Uzi; not the famous mini submachine gun depicted here.

Well, hopefully I'm not starting an argument here but! I've owned and used said 9mm Uzi and it's a dead ringer for the one pictured...I got rid of it as it was dreadful to shoot one handed and very heavy to boot. Victoria Australia has very strict rules for pistols and that's how it was registered! biggrin.pngwai.gif

Doubtless here is a fine upstanding man of the ilk we see all too often in Thailand. He must be yet again a victim of poor reporting; I mean how could anyone realistically believe such an excuse taken from the `dog ate my homework` playbook? You would clip a child round the head!

Boonsong_Kowawisarat_ca3c6.jpg

Actually, not to split hairs, but I think it was a 9mm semi, also manufactured by Uzi; not the famous mini submachine gun depicted here.

Well, hopefully I'm not starting an argument here but! I've owned and used said 9mm Uzi and it's a dead ringer for the one pictured...I got rid of it as it was dreadful to shoot one handed and very heavy to boot. Victoria Australia has very strict rules for pistols and that's how it was registered! biggrin.pngwai.gif

I think you understand me miss... Unfortunately I am not allowed to show you here but if you google:

Gun accidents that kill family members

You will see the actual weapon the senator carried. It happens to be made by Israeli Military Industries, the same company that makes the "Uzi" which is wrongly shown here. wai2.gif

Edited by fstarbkk
  • Like 1

Thank god he got immunity, I was worried Thailand may decend into a democratic country that abides by the rule of law. The good news is that there is no chance of that, fugitive criminal leader thinks and the PTP government acts.

When will you lot learn to read... he didn't get immunity, his colleagues in the Senate merely voted to not allow the police to question him whilst the house was still in session. That is a priviledge all members have, by law , whether ThaiVisa contributors like it or not. The time to get indignant will be after the session ends if he is not questioned then.

So what's a stroke sufferer doing with a machine pistol at the dinner table. Quite obviously the bullet became unnamed ending up in his secretary.

Anyone want to buy some flying pigs?

Precisely. What was he doing with an Uzi (jammed or not) at a dinner table? And if he was suffering from a stroke how can he perform as a parliamentarian? Then taking a vote to protect him? XXXX me dead, what a circus...

Edited by metisdead

So what's a stroke sufferer doing with a machine pistol at the dinner table. Quite obviously the bullet became unnamed ending up in his secretary.

Anyone want to buy some flying pigs?

Precisely. What was he doing with an Uzi (jammed or not) at a dinner table? And if he was suffering from a stroke how can he perform as a parliamentarian? Then taking a vote to protect him? XXXX me dead, what a circus...

May be he was standing there with his Uzi when they voted... whistling.gif

Anyone who has had basic training with small arms would never let this happen. Perhaps the guy thought he was above basic training. sad.png

BUT, most LOS drivers are above basic training eh. sad.png

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't let this happen. Maybe that's what you need to be a senator or to fall for all the excuses.

Why on earth would someone have a 9mm uzi at the dinner table...and laying in a position pointing at his soon to be exwife? coffee1.gif

Funny, that's what the police want to know but....they don' have the opportunity. When parliament closes they may get to question him once before delaying tactics see him into the next session of parliament. Miracle Thailand.

Thank god he got immunity, I was worried Thailand may decend into a democratic country that abides by the rule of law. The good news is that there is no chance of that, fugitive criminal leader thinks and the PTP government acts.

When will you lot learn to read... he didn't get immunity, his colleagues in the Senate merely voted to not allow the police to question him whilst the house was still in session. That is a priviledge all members have, by law , whether ThaiVisa contributors like it or not. The time to get indignant will be after the session ends if he is not questioned then.

I think you'll find that means he HAS got immunity until the session ends. Don't worry we'll be back to discuss the next bit of farce when the session ends and some other reason is found to avoid justice as I'm sure it will.

Option 1 : Too ill to be questioned due to stroke and/or grief.

Option 2: Paid compensation and is very sorry so no need for punishment.

I'm sure others will suggest some more.

Edited by kimamey

""A senator should do his job during a parliamentary session." - surely they mean a crime suspect should be allowed to do his job? doesn't quite have the same feel though does it?

It would seem the higher echalons of Thai society believe they have a licence to kill?

Edited by cowslip

This is precisely why a red shirt/poor mens revolution is needed. Get rid of the unelected elite who are just busy with a few things, enriching themselves and screwing the feeling of equality.

But it's unlikely that a red shirt/poor men's revolution would get rid of Thaksin as you suggest.