Non O Single Entry

You will have to obtain a re-entry permit costing 1,000 baht from an immigration office prior to travel - you then use that for your return (and receive the same permitted to stay you had prior to leaving). That will keep your entry alive for the later extension of stay.

Thanks Lopburi,

What documents would be required for the re-entry permit and how long does it take to arrange.

Lee

Fill out the form at any immigration office ten minutes, I forget whether you need a photo or not, bring one anyway and a copy of front page of passport, visa page and entry stamp page. They want to where you are going and when,and why just write in whatever you like... Your ex wife died in Laos and you want to go to the funeral....Your friends buffalo died in Cambodia and your going to help solace him. Whatever you like.... it is only good till the end of your visa, but those nice immigration people will probably tell you.

Un like me who they sold a re-entry permit to and then said you are on overstay,,,no refunds

I usually tell them that I am sick of dealing with officials like them in Thailand and need a break out of the country, that usually suffices.

Edited by Colabamumbai

I want a single entry 3 month visa on arrival because I would like to apply for the one year extension as soon as possible, on a multiple I would have to wait for a whole year before extending and I would also have to do a border run every 90 days, which involves further costs and time.

regards Lee

You can extend during the last 30 days of any entry - but if you are not going to use but one entry that is all you need. But there is no such things as a 3 month visa on arrival. You either obtain at a Consulate for valid reasons or during a conversion for valid reasons here at immigration office. To obtain here would be an extra 2,000 baht fee and require an extra set of financial documents/visit to immigration.

You can extend during the last 30 days of any entry - but if you are not going to use but one entry that is all you need. But there is no such things as a 3 month visa on arrival. You either obtain at a Consulate for valid reasons or during a conversion for valid reasons here at immigration office. To obtain here would be an extra 2,000 baht fee and require an extra set of financial documents/visit to immigration.

Sorry, I meant the the single entry from the thai consulate here in England which is valid for 3 months or 90 days. So are you saying that on a 1 year multiple entry I can go for the one year extension after 60 days, if so do I still need to leave the country or can I just do this at Immigration 30 days before the first 90 day border run.

You do at immigration during the last 30 days of any stay - so if you obtain a multi entry you can enter for 90 days - take your trip and return for a new 90 days and during the last 30 days of that stay do your extension (or wait until later and just cross border/return for new 90 day stays until the year validity ends or you decide it is time to extend.

rolleyes.gif

I am about to apply for my Non O 3 month visa, which I believe is a single entry, which I will be looking to extend for a 1 year visa 30 days before expiry. While im on the 3 month visa can I go to Cambodia and return a few days later.

1. Yes you can.

But what is your curent visa, if you are in Thailand?

Non immigrant O 90 day visas are normally issued outside of Thailand.

If you are currently here in Thailand then your first step is to convert the visa you're on....a tourist visa, for example....to a 90 day non immigrant O visa at your local immigration.

Then you have that 90 days to get your paperwork, and financial requirements, ready to extend that 90 days visa to a year long extension.

The normal reasons for that extension are marriage to a Thai, retirement, or education.

If you are currently outside Thailand you can apply for that 90 day visa at a Thai consulate in your country.

For most extensions there are financial requirements. The purpose of that 90 days is often to allow you to get any required Thai bank account established and have it established for the required 60 days (seasoned) before you apply for your extension.

2. If during that 90 days you wish to leave Thailand and return, you need an exit re-entry permit. That permit does exactly what it says....it allows you to exit and then re-enter Thailand while keeping you 90 day visa valid.

Without that exit re-emtry permit, leaving Thailand would cancel your single entry visa. (One entry, one exit equals a single entry visa).

An exit re-entry permit costs 1000 Baht for a single, 3800 for a multiple.

3. If you're outside of Thailand the advantage of getting a Non O multi entry one year visa is that you have effectively one year to "set up" in Thailand.....opening a bank account, renting a flat, maybe buying a car....before you need to apply for your extension. In short, your not so rushed.

The disadvantage of that one year multi entry Non O visa is that you need to do 90 day border runs....each entry gets you 90 days as long as that multi entry visa remains valid.

Which one you want to pick is your choice.

wai.gif

You do at immigration during the last 30 days of any stay - so if you obtain a multi entry you can enter for 90 days - take your trip and return for a new 90 days and during the last 30 days of that stay do your extension (or wait until later and just cross border/return for new 90 day stays until the year validity ends or you decide it is time to extend.

Thanks for clearing that one up,

Could you please consult me on my next brainwave which is: If I get a multi entry, on the 10th of November enter Thailand on the 20th of November, go to Angkor Wat on the 20th of December and return to Thailand on the 24th of December, obtain another 90 days on re entering then apply for a one year extension at Immigration after 24th of Feburary 2013. Would this work or am I still off the pace here.

Regards Lee

rolleyes.gif

I am about to apply for my Non O 3 month visa, which I believe is a single entry, which I will be looking to extend for a 1 year visa 30 days before expiry. While im on the 3 month visa can I go to Cambodia and return a few days later.

1. Yes you can.

But what is your curent visa, if you are in Thailand?

Non immigrant O 90 day visas are normally issued outside of Thailand.

If you are currently here in Thailand then your first step is to convert the visa you're on....a tourist visa, for example....to a 90 day non immigrant O visa at your local immigration.

Then you have that 90 days to get your paperwork, and financial requirements, ready to extend that 90 days visa to a year long extension.

The normal reasons for that extension are marriage to a Thai, retirement, or education.

If you are currently outside Thailand you can apply for that 90 day visa at a Thai consulate in your country.

For most extensions there are financial requirements. The purpose of that 90 days is often to allow you to get any required Thai bank account established and have it established for the required 60 days (seasoned) before you apply for your extension.

2. If during that 90 days you wish to leave Thailand and return, you need an exit re-entry permit. That permit does exactly what it says....it allows you to exit and then re-enter Thailand while keeping you 90 day visa valid.

Without that exit re-emtry permit, leaving Thailand would cancel your single entry visa. (One entry, one exit equals a single entry visa).

An exit re-entry permit costs 1000 Baht for a single, 3800 for a multiple.

3. If you're outside of Thailand the advantage of getting a Non O multi entry one year visa is that you have effectively one year to "set up" in Thailand.....opening a bank account, renting a flat, maybe buying a car....before you need to apply for your extension. In short, your not so rushed.

The disadvantage of that one year multi entry Non O visa is that you need to do 90 day border runs....each entry gets you 90 days as long as that multi entry visa remains valid.

Which one you want to pick is your choice.

wai.gif

Thanks IMA Farang

My Situation is,

I am married to a Thai with 2 kids, we have been living in England for 3 years, we now want to live in our home in Ubon and start to cut our rubber, my initial plan was to get the single entry 90 days, upon arrival open a bank account immediately, or within 2 weeks off issue of the visa, put 400K+ into the account, so before the 90 days are up I wouldve had over 400K in account for over 2 months(cutting fine but possible I think).

But now we are thinking that we would like to visit Angkor Wat for the Winter Solstice, so it might be better if I get a multi entry, on the 10th of November enter Thailand on the 20th of November, go to Angkor Wat on the 20th of December and return to Thailand on the 24th of December, obtain another 90 days on re entering then apply for a one year extension at Immigration after 24th of Feburary 2013

Could you please consult me on my next brainwave which is: If I get a multi entry, on the 10th of November enter Thailand on the 20th of November, go to Angkor Wat on the 20th of December and return to Thailand on the 24th of December, obtain another 90 days on re entering then apply for a one year extension at Immigration after 24th of Feburary 2013. Would this work or am I still off the pace here.

Yes that would work fine - and you have built-in backup in case of any bank troubles (you can just cross border/return for a new 90 day stay).

Multiple entry visa 5000 baht. Single entry 2000 baht plus re-entry permit costing 1000 baht is a bit cheaper. If you needed more time to do your 1 year extension you could get a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your wife for 1900 baht.

Edited by ubonjoe

Multiple entry visa 5000 baht. Single entry 2000 baht plus re-entry permit costing 1000 baht is a bit cheaper. If you needed more time to do your 1 year extension you could get a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your wife for 1900 baht.

Hi Ubonjoe,

Do you mean I can extend a single entry 90 day visa.

Regards Lee

Hi Ubonjoe,

Regards Lee

60 days to Visit your Thai Spouse.

Hi Ubonjoe,

Regards Lee

Yes i did this today. 1900thb and extended 60 days. Mine was multi entry but it's the same.

But i would just get a multi entry since you want to leave the country. It is much easier that way.

Thanks everyone,

I love this site, answers all the questions.

We have now infact changed our minds once again regarding going to Angkor Wat, our youngest is only 4 and having looked up the tour guides website it maybe a bit to much walking for her or to much shoulder carrying for me.

So now due to the input received on this post, I am going to go for the Single Entry 90 day visa, if I can get the bank account sorted out in time, I will go for the years extension before expiry(with 400k being in the bank for 2 months), if I am short of the 2 months of the 400k being in the account for any unseen problems that may arise, I will extend my visa for a further 60 days by which time I shouldve sorted the 400k(hopefully), and then go for the years extension.

Kind Regards, Lee