Did I Miss Something? License Plates

prk888

Has it become official yet? Seems recently that more and more car drivers in Pattaya see no need to display number (license) plates now. Often missing at the rear of the car, sometimes at the front and occasionally both front & back missing completely. Just back from a week in the SiSaKet area and we reckoned about 5% of cars had plates gone AWOL. Was a law passed recently that we missed changing the rules?

Isnt it a good idea to steal a car, and just take the plates off, since the police dont seem to be interested in cars without plates? Wifes brother's car was stolen a year ago, and it was found about 3 days later, but the plates were missing, he still has not got new plates, so why does Thailand even bother with plates?

Of course there is also the matter of the new system of numbers and characters on the plates.

A lot of people have been waiting in registering their car and now the supplier has to work OT to get things done; of course the quality is suffering from this.

I'm waiting 2 months now for my plates and me was told last week, to wait one more month.

I suppose that the BIB do not enforce the rules regarding inter-provincial and night-time trips with red-plates.