Electric Ovens...built In Type

extexthai

Does anyone know or can anyone direct me to where I might buy an electric oven for my house? I am looking for a European made one....Fagor or Elba or others. I don't want a POS from China. I would like to touch, feel and see the thing before I buy it and not have to order one, sight unseen...like what I have encountered so far. Any leads would be greatly appreciated....ett

I thank everyone sooooooo much for the leads. I had no idea of such a place as Homikitch existed at all. I was aware of the various home improvement stores and even a few of the places in the different malls, but.....I am so indebted to this forum and the great people that respond to it. Thanks a million....ett

I bought a MEX 20 years ago from Central dept. store for house in Bkk, still going strong, never once had any problem.

Bought MEX again, from Home Pro at Big C Extra, for CM house, one year ago, no problem so far.

Both units have upper and lower heating elements, fan, timer, all that I want.

Actually got a very good price from Home Pro by buying all MEX: black glass cook top, oven, double sink and range hood at a package price, from memory 44,000Baht which includes installation. One year ago.

There was no promotion literature, but when we mentioned we wanted all 4 products the Home Pro salesman rang MEX and got a special price.

Edited by scorecard

Cheaper models do not have a thermostat to regulate the temperature. Years ago I used an oven that had a continuous flame, and the only way of regulating the temperature was to try to manually adjust the flame. That was not a good arrangement; I'd much rather have a thermostat do the regulating.

Also, make sure your oven is properly insulated and that the door closes tightly. Escaping heat is wasted energy, besides being inefficient, inaccurate in holding temperatures, and to some degree dangerous.

All the above mentioned carry ovens, check around and you will eventually find one on special. Also Home Sukkapan carries this stuff, as does Noppadon Home Mart near Lotus north, I have bought built in microwaves there at a very good price. Any one of them can have a sale at any time for a bargain, just mving stock.

ALSO, ensure that when it is wired in it is earthed correctly. The missus had a bad experience when we moved into a house as she touched the oven after washing some dishes in the sink nearby and got a shock.

The next day I took the oven out of the built-in cupboard to find that it was connected (read twisted together) to two 1mm cables running from the back of an over-bench light!! No plug, no socket, no earth, so that prompted me to check all of the other socket outlets in the kitchen and despite being three pinned outlets, there was no earth connected. Rectified that and never had a problem afterwards.

I would like to thank all that replied to this....decided on a Mex from Global House. I thought those were made in China, and perhaps a few are, I don't know. But the one we finally got had a Made in Italy stamp inside the door...I know that isn't real hard to do anywhere....but when I was looking through the manual and found a quality check paper in Italian...that sort of sealed the deal for me. I will report on how it does in another thread. Again thanks to all....ett

I would like to thank all that replied to this....decided on a Mex from Global House. I thought those were made in China, and perhaps a few are, I don't know. But the one we finally got had a Made in Italy stamp inside the door...I know that isn't real hard to do anywhere....but when I was looking through the manual and found a quality check paper in Italian...that sort of sealed the deal for me. I will report on how it does in another thread. Again thanks to all....ett

Italy produces more home appliances than many consumers realise. eg: One company, ELBA, I believe now part owned by FisherPaykel/Haier of NZ/China, exports to 70+ countries and markets under many 'branded' names.

F&P (clothes) washing machines are made in Italy, not NZ.

MEX have a good name in Thailand and I've purchased their water heaters though I don't know their pedigree. I trust HomePro and Global to back up the big names they retail.