Best Place To Buy A Media Streamer Or Laptop In Bkk Or Phuket

indieke

I am 2 months in Asia and my netbook broke down. Cannot have it repaired, as the guaranty will not be applicable when I return to France.

Now my gf has a basic netbook, I can use for internet. Buying a laptop is an option, but as I live in France the keyboard is not convenient.

Now I go 2 days to Bkk this week (back in the end of the month), so I can maybe find something there.

I not only need something for internet and so, but I have a seperate HD, with movies on. My gf and I love o watch movies in our bed at night. If computer I need hardware acceleration.

The best thing would be tho hire a computer for a month, but I guess, this is not possible.

Then I am doomed to buy something. I could go also for a not to expensive media player, but then after my trip, it would be useless. If I could find a new Popcornhour A 400, I could use this back home. Would I be able to find this in BKK, and where?

If not, then nothing todo, I have to find me a reasonable priced netbook=laptop. Would there be a way to resell to a shop before leaving? I am staying in Pattaya the last week, so maybe at Tucom?

Thanks for your help!

In Bangkok your options are limitless. You can find mediaplayers in Pantip, Fortune Town IT Mall easily. Same goes for Laptop, but are you sure to buy a laptop with Thai / Eng keyboard?

No, that is why I think to buy a mediaplayer is the best option.

I don't know any of the places you mentioned are they more interesting to buy then close to Siam square?

For a media player,, you can't beat the Brite-View CinemaGo in my opinion (I have two), but I've never seen it in Thailand, bought on Amazon.

I bought an ASUS Transformer Infinity in Fortune, so I'm guessing you'll find them in TukCom, The Thai/English keyboard doesn't bother me, but then again I touch type so no reason for it to do so.

But there are a rake of new Windows 8 Touchscreen notebooks/netbooks/hybrids coming out, so you might just want to wait and see what effect that has on prices.