Can You Help Me Pick Between These 2 Accommodations?

kian

Both rooms i negotiated to rent for 9000/baht/month, in high season, both are double bedrooms, both are in patong, equal distance from the beach, they are similar in many ways, except one is a condo, and the other a private room at a backpacker hostel. Both have free internet, fan, (i don't use AC), the condo has a balcony, but the street view is nicer at the hostel, The condo has a deposit, the hostel not. Both have ensuite bathroom. The condo has seperate utility fee, but since i don't use AC, that shouldn't matter much. The hostel price is inclusive of utilities. Both places are near 24hour minimarts. The condo is managed by some Italian rental office place, and rents out dozens of properties around phuket. The hostel is run by an expat with a rooftop bar/restaurant, but has assured me the room is quiet. It seems like the condo would be the better choice, but i just want to double check i am not missing something. Which do you think?

http://cheapcharlies.slowboat.org/rates.shtml

http://phuketrenthouse.com/5707/patong-condo-apartment-near-beach-1-bedroom-furnished

He assured me the room is quiet.

Karaoke Competition Audition Night Jam Night Wet T Shirt Competition Live!!! Party Night Live!!! Party Night Blues Night

Tune up your vocal chords and prepare yourself for your 5 minutes of fame - every Monday night...

Wanna get paid? Show us what ya got or just chill and give your ears a musical massage - every Tuesday night... Show off your musical skills, or just chill, swill and relax - every Wednesday night... Be in to win or there to stare. Show us what ya got - up for the dare? - every Thursday night... The best in laid back, kick ass tunes from top local and int'l performers - every Friday & Saturday nights...

All U Can Drink Parties!!! 2 hours of raucous reveling and riotous rocking - every Saturday night...

Kick back and treat your aural orifices to the best Blues on the block - every Sunday night...

Edited by FritsSikkink

A absolutely fascinating dilemma, what does your heart tell you, accommodation is like wine, it's a personal choice, what do you drink????, i'm so confused, can you run it by me again, are you saying there the same but different, a horse to a zebra, a dog to a goat, water to Vodka, my head is spinning, if only my nana was here, not for advice i just fancy a cup of tea. go for the roof top bar, NO!!!!, i mean the house, "what house", the thingy!!!!, oh forget it, if in doubt, camp or the Meridian wai.gif

Edited by britpop

I am a wine person, however i drink beer only if it's artesanal, but when i don't have the money to enjoy what I like i sometimes go for the cheapest, strongest drink, perhaps i just want someone to choose for me, because i am unsure what my instincts say because i am not standing in the rooms physically, so it's more like guessing, than instinct.

"The condo has a deposit, the hostel not.[...]

Both places are near 24hour minimarts.

The condo is managed by some Italian rental office place,[...]

The hostel is run by an expat with a rooftop bar/restaurant, but has assured me the room is quiet."

I would go for the hostal. The deposit can rise the price by ~15%/month.

there are very few places in patong u would be more than a 2 minute walk from a mini mart !!!

Personally i would never book in advance for a month. What if u don't like it?? also i would never stay at a backpackers pace and expect it to be quiet charlies is 10-15 walk to the beach . he is way back off na nai road, You can do better.

I pay 10,000/month for a two bedroom/2 bath HOUSE in kamala with air cons

come and check it out, you wont have any trouble finding a 1 bedroom place except Dec 22-Jan 6th Patong has dozens of NEW places on 3rd road that will give ya deal on a month

Edited by phuketrichard

Oops i forgot they dont have park benches here

Actually, if you go to Suan Luang (King Rama IX) Park in Phuket Town, it's full of benches, seats and tables, as well as being a very popular place to visit in the cool of the late afternoon. Some photos (not mine):

post-62520-0-95160300-1351573368_thumb.j

post-62520-0-63608200-1351573382_thumb.j

post-62520-0-99023400-1351573396_thumb.j

Oops i forgot they dont have park benches here

Actually, if you go to Suan Luang (King Rama IX) Park in Phuket Town, it's full of benches, seats and tables, as well as being a very popular place to visit in the cool of the late afternoon. Some photos (not mine):

But 'closed' and warning signs, to go there in the night! cheesy.gif

Maybe they don't wanna affect the hostal business?

Edited by noob7

I am a wine person, however i drink beer only if it's artesanal, but when i don't have the money to enjoy what I like i sometimes go for the cheapest, strongest drink, perhaps i just want someone to choose for me, because i am unsure what my instincts say because i am not standing in the rooms physically, so it's more like guessing, than instinct.

Do you want others to choose in all aspects of your life, every day life is about choices, how do you cope????
  • Like 1

I'm not looking forward to next post WHAT BAR SHOULD I DRINK IN ?

Or what foot should i put forward first????, pork or chicken????, hot or cold???, family mart or 7/11???,girl or boy???, condom or crisp packet???, lube or washing up liquid???, tweak or alligator clips????, petting or electrodes?????, donkey or dog?????, everyday dilemmas ah w00t.gif

May I make a genuine suggestion.

Book a couple of nights in Cheap Charlies at the regular rate. Have a look around when you are there to see if you can find anything better. If you can, great, if not book your long-stay at Cheap Charlies.

Don't commit beforehand. If you don't like it you are stuck.

And as for where to drink.........................................................................................................................................................

In case, he likes western girls 'for free': The hostel is the best choice he probably can find!

I mean, besides the point of no deposit, there is always 'fresh meat' showing up. Bar on the roof, they fall down the stairs. In case you chose the room wisely, lots of encounters are possible.

Ok, I didn't check for the age of the OP.

And if it's a family mart or a 7/11 next to the hostel.

I wouldn't like family mart, because they don't have the nice stamps, methinks! But they finish Nov. 25, so maybe not a issue here!

Edited by noob7

Phuketrichard, i am interested in a place in kamala, for 10,000, do you have any email contact, or photos of the available accomodation? Also, i want to know more about the new places on 3rd road. I will keep charlies as a last resort. I prefer another place.

Phuketrichard, i am interested in a place in kamala, for 10,000, do you have any email contact, or photos of the available accomodation? Also, i want to know more about the new places on 3rd road. I will keep charlies as a last resort. I prefer another place.

Kamala is a lot more quit then Patong (a lot less to do).

Stay a couple of nights in Charlies and walk in to the accomodations around Patong to check them out.