beano2274

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Lambert will surely go if they can't get past Bradford.

What are the odds on Wenger? I'd be tempted if it was better than 50/1. Pretty long odds of it happening anytime soon, but I would not be staggered if Kroenke cashed in his chips to some Dubai investors (Emirates) if the season goes the way some of us Gunners fear. Wenger and Gazidis would be straight out the door.

Edited by SantiSuk

Lambert will surely go if they can't get past Bradford.

What are the odds on Wenger? I'd be tempted if it was better than 50/1. Pretty long odds of it happening anytime soon, but I would not be staggered if Kroenke cashed in his chips to some Dubai investors (Emirates) if the season goes the way some of us Gunners fear. Wenger and Gazidis would be straight out the door.

Interesting. What drugs are you on again?

You will not finish 3rd in the group you will be out of europe,

How far do you think youré gonna go then nev?

And to keep it on topic. Do you think you will sack SAF if you get knocked out laugh.png

united chelsea city in that order.

But Chelsea can't beat Southampton at home whistling.gif

I think this decision was made a long time ago especially after naming the replacement quickly also and what a joke bring some Argentinian in who nobody has heard of and upset the players and all the supporters in one foul swoop!

Get your money on them now to go down.

An absolutely insane decision by Nicola Cortese. A really good English manager who has done a fantastic job at Southampton, has them playing good attractive football admired by fans of many clubs. Replaced by an Argentinian who was sacked by his last lower league Spanish club after taking them to the bottom of the table. There is a press conference at St Marys later today with an interpreter because the new guy doesn't speak a word of English! Unbelievable. Nigel Adkins had the wholehearted support of Saints fans, and there will be a backlash for sure. Reading the Southampton echo the fans are in a state of shock and there is a lot of anger. Over a thousand comments already on the BBC thread on this story, overwhelmingly expressing disgust at this decision. Matt Le Tissier has summed it up, saying that Cortese has made the club a laughing stock. Last year Cortese got rid of Matt as an ambassador for the club and made it clear to him that there was a new era now, and he wasn't really welcome at St Mary's. This treatment of a true Saints legend pretty much shows the cloth from which Cortese is cut. Le Tissier just shrugged it off, in an interview last year he basically said, 'sod him, he can't stop me buying a season ticket to watch the club i'v supported all my life', and did just that. Today's decision re Nigel Adkins is a hard one to take for us Saints supporters, i am still stunned to be honest. But Nigel Adkins won't be out of work for long, he will be snapped up, young British managers with his track record don't grow on trees. Cortese's stupidity will be another clubs gain. I for one, thank Nigel Adkins for all he has done for The Saints, they were 22nd in the 1st division when he joined them, back to back promotions to the Premiership was a fantastic achievement by any yardstick. I wish him all the best for the future. As for Cortese, i hope his next <deleted> is a hedgehog!

Says it all. Iøm absolutely gobsmacked by this! All my sympathys to saints fans having to have a creature like Cortese at the helm.

What message does this send out to young homegrown managers.....

Cortese makes Abramovich seem like a decent guy in comparison ! Absolutely disgusting sacking !

But good news for the fans of QPR,Reading,Villa,Wigan and Newcastle because Southampton could be in deep <deleted> now.

4 me a bad call by the owners, but I suppose it will be judged at the end of the season stay up good call, go down bad call.

Wonder if the owners seemingly bad blood with le tiss has anything to do with le tiss and his consortiums failed take over?, they both are, probably, going to deny it but who knows,

Cortese makes Abramovich seem like a decent guy in comparison !

well, i wouldn't go that far like.

but this is a mental decision. come back from two down at chelsea in the cup, get sacked next day. can't understand how the owner thinks this can be in any way positive for the club.

but this is a mental decision. come back from two down at chelsea in the cup, get sacked next day. can't understand how the owner thinks this can be in any way positive for the club.

Apparently Nigel Adkins found out he had been sacked when he switched on the TV on Friday morning. Disgraceful. The new manager obviously isn't the sharpest knife in the box, he let slip through his interpreter at the press conference that ' He knows a lot about Southampton players because he has been researching them for several weeks!'. As for Cortese's motives, who knows. He is an Italian banker after all, its all about the money, profits for him etc. Maybe relegation, grab the parachute payment, avoid paying the bonuses the staff will surely have written into their contracts if they avoid the drop, would do wonders for his bottom line. Then the young stars who have come through the academy, the likes of Lallana, Shaw, plus the other four or five who are coming through who big things are expected of can be sold for top money, and replaced by journeymen from Spain on the cheap. One thing is for sure, he clearly has no idea about football and has no respect whatsoever for the history of Southampton Football Club or their supporters as this clip shows.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1354685/Southampton-players-told-boycott-125th-centenary-dinner-Keegan-McMenemy--Co.html

I thought it was a league match?

I still feel it was a bad call, but in the owners defense adkins made some shockingly pish poor calls on players for the 1st 12 ish games , that defense was probably up with the worst i've seen in the prem, fair play to adkins tho; he seemed to have been sorting it, but given financially adkins had the budget to sort properly the damage, by then, was probably in the owners eyes done, and hence the chop !!!! harsh and as ive said i dont agree but maybe see a bit where the owners coming from

Edited by rijit

The decision was obviously made weeks ago. Atkins if I remember correctly brought them up from near the bottom of league 1 within 3 years. Its another nail in the coffin of young British managers hoping for the chance to advance their careers.The best Nigel Atkins can do is to go back to the Championship and try again. The incoming Manager can't even speak basic English so the media conferences will be tortuos let alone communicating with his players.Home fans reaction wil be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

Albeit not strictly Prem Managers, listening to TalkSport this morning they mentioned that 37 Managers have been displaced this season from the 92 teams that make up the 4 divisions. Even though some teams have had 2,3 and even 4 Managers this year, that statistic is quite alarming.