Which Premiership Manager Is Gonna Be Shown The Door First

beano2274

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm hoping it's Allardyce. Then we can get mad Paolo in.

Tw, ive seen his team a few times and I swear HE'S overrated, and what has he done 2 justify a prem job? he's won div 2 and had a couple of good Ish cup runs, got to final of a lower lge /regional cup! not enuf imo, he had absolute BUNDLES of cash aka austins transfer wedge and really a v v good overall budget, given that, what he's done is NOTHING SPECIAL IMO best you avoid, but what ever.

Tw, ive seen his team a few times and I swear HE'S overrated, and what has he done 2 justify a prem job? he's won div 2 and had a couple of good Ish cup runs, got to final of a lower lge /regional cup! not enuf imo, he had absolute BUNDLES of cash aka austins transfer wedge and really a v v good overall budget, given that, what he's done is NOTHING SPECIAL IMO best you avoid, but what ever.

He's a winner who gets his team playing for him rather than just being difficult to break down.

He's a winner who gets his team playing for him rather than just being difficult to break down.

Is he?, and if thats so that makes him a prem manager?, hmmmmmmmmmmm. on the other side of the coin the minute the shit hits the fan he walks!!!

Edited by rijit

• 3 weeks later...

Reading have sacked Brian McDermott. Paolo Di Canio is fascist er sorry favourite to take over.

What a joke another young manager doing a bloody good job at a lesser club like the before mentioned Adkins, it seams the expectations of the owners of sides who get in the premier league are not just happy getting there and taking the money!!.

• Like 1

being in the prem next season, over the next 3 years is worth something like min 60 mil, the owners are s-----g themselves, hense qpr wedging out, theyre gonna miss out, mcdermot 2 me seemed almost resigned to reading being a yo yo club ,perhaps he should have gone out and spent a bit more of the russians wealth, cos with the squad he's put 2 gether, when ive seen them, they v much look and feel like perenial prem struglgers tbh who ever they hire i cant see them staying up

Edited by rijit

Damn shame about McDermott, I think whoever goes there is gonna be looking at relegation and using their time to get back into the premiership.

Adkins would be my best bet. Di Canio no way at WHUFC (and I am a Hammer).

Maybe Reading could get an Interim Manager in then in the break before the new season (in the championship) then look at Steve Bruce or Gary Johnson (at Yeovil).

Damn shame about McDermott, I think whoever goes there is gonna be looking at relegation and using their time to get back into the premiership.

Adkins would be my best bet. Di Canio no way at WHUFC (and I am a Hammer).

Maybe Reading could get an Interim Manager in then in the break before the new season (in the championship) then look at Steve Bruce or Gary Johnson (at Yeovil).

Why on earth would they want Steve Bruce. Another example of good players not making good managers. For Adkins that would be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Nah, lets just hope they go down with wobbly chops. Sadly, i think its too big an ask for Southampton to go down. Adkins did afterall do a very good job there

You have got to feel sorry for McDermott.He got an average Championship side promoted and then was given very little money to spend in the Premiership,so not surprising they have struggled.

Even Jose Mourinho would struggle with such little resources.

Adkins will be going to Everton when Moyes replaces Wenger at Arsenal in the close season.

carmine,

TP = Thai Pauly a Reading fan on the forum.

By the way,I was wrong about Villas-Boas getting the chop in mid March (post a few months back).He's doing a good job for the Spuds and I hope you make it into the Champions League next season.

But cant you do something about that raincoat he wears.....London is one of the fashion capitals of the world,for Christs sake ! wai.gif

You have got to feel sorry for McDermott.He got an average Championship side promoted and then was given very little money to spend in the Premiership,so not surprising they have struggled.

Even Jose Mourinho would struggle with such little resources.

Adkins will be going to Everton when Moyes replaces Wenger at Arsenal in the close season.

carmine,

TP = Thai Pauly a Reading fan on the forum.

By the way,I was wrong about Villas-Boas getting the chop in mid March (post a few months back).He's doing a good job for the Spuds and I hope you make it into the Champions League next season.

But cant you do something about that raincoat he wears.....London is one of the fashion capitals of the world,for Christs sake ! wai.gif

Can't disagree with any of that.

The raincoat is an issue. Personally i think his mother bought it. Has to wear the thing. Bit like those dreadfull puulovers you would see grown men wearing on christmas day that they sure as hell wouldn't wear to their clubs boxing day fixture.

I never really judged him after the chelsea debarcle because they are such a ridiculous club with a scumbag section in their dressing room. Sure he could have handled some aspects better but the main mistake he made was ever going there in the first place. Its rotten to the core

Villas-Boas achieved what he did at Porto despite what gobshite hacks like Adrian Durham think and that makes him a good manager. Good managers don't become bad managers and in chelsea's case it also stands the same that you can't polish a turd.

I also think Pauly resigned himself to readings relegation quite a while ago didn't he? pointless sacking regardless.

So who is the worst dressed manager in the EPL - its a toss-up between Wenger (in the cold season only) and Pulis for me. Both awful; AvBs coat is hilarious too though. Big Sam is not a snappy dresser, but I dont want to be accused of being largistlaugh.png

Martinez is the winner (by a country mile) as best-dressed.

So who is the worst dressed manager in the EPL - its a toss-up between Wenger (in the cold season only) and Pulis for me. Both awful; AvBs coat is hilarious too though. Big Sam is not a snappy dresser, but I dont want to be accused of being largistlaugh.png

Allardyce is just a slob. End off. Words fail me with Wenger so i'll let chicoq anwer that. And as the Stoke fans chant; "Tony Pullis, he wears the club shop!"

Allardyce is just a slob. End off. Words fail me with Wenger so i'll let chicoq anwer that. And as the Stoke fans chant; "Tony Pullis, he wears the club shop!"

pulis is a grown man wearing a baseball cap. wenger's sleeping bag coat makes you wonder what he's doing underneath it.

however martin o'neill looks like a painter & decorator.

• Like 2

pulis is a grown man wearing a baseball cap. wenger's sleeping bag coat makes you wonder what he's doing underneath it.

You don't see Big Sam wearing a sleeping bag whilst masticating.

He just sits back and lets the world watch!

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

You don't see Big Sam wearing a sleeping bag whilst masticating.

He just sits back and lets the world watch!

allardyce would wear a dirty old string vest and a pair of trackie bottoms if he could. probably with dog-eared carpet slippers. and commando beneath the trackies of course.

• Like 1

Adkins is up there too. redrus

Yeah Adkins would be a good fit. Bit of a suicidal position though!

Don't let TP hear you say that..

redrus

Its a bit early in the day so excuse me but who is TP?

An old personal friend, Reading fan and TV stalwart, Thai Pauly.

redrus

He might give it a second glance if offered, but who would want to get involved at the shitty end of the table with only ten nine (or is it eight?) games to go, when you can sit in a nice warm studio with a nice contract that pays the bills and gives you free wardrobe and a platform on which to punt smug analysis at millions around the worldsmile.png.

Needs someone desperate, someone who's about to sink into the final stages of alcoholic despair. If not Brucy, what's McCarthy up to these days?

Edited by SantiSuk

He might give it a second glance if offered, but who would want to get involved at the shitty end of the table with only ten nine (or is it eight?) games to go, when you can sit in a nice warm studio with a nice contract that pays the bills and gives you free wardrobe and a platform on which to punt smug analysis at millions around the worldsmile.png.

Needs someone desperate, someone who's about to sink into the final stages of alcoholic despair. If not Brucy, what's McCarthy up to these days?

Step forward Graeme Souness. biggrin.png

• Like 1

thought you were describing bryan robson and peter reid as it goes.