Mae Sai Officials Ready For Thaksin Supporters

Lite Beer

Mae Sai officials ready for Thaksin supporters

Ekkapong Praditpong,

Wichit Meesawat,

Praphan Jindalertudomdee

The Nation on Sunday

Chiang Rai: -- Mae Sai district in Chiang Rai has ordered more officers to handle an expected rise in border pass requests ahead of former premier Thaksin Shinawatra's visit to Myanmar next week.

District chief Sopon Choomchuchan said the border requests were still at normal levels at the moment, with 2,000-6,000 people crossing the border each day. However, the number of visitors is expected to increase before Thaksin's visit to the area on Friday and Saturday.

The district office will prepare officers in case 10,000 people seek border passes each day at this time.

Moreover, a second bridge, as well as the main bridge usually used for the border crossing, would be open to provide convenience to the visitors, he said.

Thaksin is scheduled to meet Myanmar President Thein Sein in Nay Pyi Taw after arriving on Thursday and is due to meet Thai MPs and supporters later in Tachilek, which is located opposite Mae Sai in Thailand's far north.

Thaksin's sister Yaowapha Wongsawat asked Thaksin's supporters to see him in Tachilek.

"Anyone who wants to give him moral support, please go. We also want to send moral support to him and we want him home so that he can do good for the people.

"He misses the people especially the Isan (Northeastern) people and really wants to come home. If he comes home, he will first come to the Northeast, as the Northeast is like his capital. It won't be too long you will meet Thaksin. Please wait," Yaowapha said as she presided over the opening of a Pheu Thai office in Ubon Ratchathani.

Thaksin's legal adviser Noppadon Pattama said Saturday morning would be the best time for Thaksin's supporters to greet him as he would make merit there and may have time to talk.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11-04

Anyone who wants to give him moral support, please go. We also want to send moral support to him and we want him home so that he can do good for the people.

Translation=

My brother is totally pissed off traveling around the world not to mention that it is costing him a small fortune in airport fees, his absence is also affecting my income as it has become increasingly difficult to scam earn on the stock exchange without him covering my back.

Of course there will be some crumbs left to go around the farming communities.

• Like 1

Anyone who wants to give him moral support, please go. We also want to send moral support to him and we want him home so that he can do good for the people.

Translation=

My brother is totally pissed off traveling around the world not to mention that it is costing him a small fortune in airport fees, his absence is also affecting my income as it has become increasingly difficult to scam earn on the stock exchange without him covering my back.

Your right. But this is crazy. We have a Thai MP encouraging even more people to go and support a convicted criminal and fugitive - surely this undermines the judicial system and break some law?

Montenegro was happy to issue him a passport, no doubt on some form of investor class residency, which many former communist countries now do. Presumably he stays in Dubai courtesy of some donations to the bankrupt Mahktoum clan - another meglamaniac. Wonder what his visa says or his he doing border runs? All takes lots of money so he needs constant replenishment of funds.

The UK and USA have made him welcome too - hedging their bets in case he does rerturn - a "friendly" dictator better than unfreindly democracy scenario.

No one seems to care that he his a conviceted criminal, fugitive from justice, and facing more outstanding court cases and warrants, either in or outside Thailand. No wonder he thinks he's immune and untouchable!

• Like 2

Yaowapha said as she presided over the opening of a Pheu Thai office in Ubon Ratchathani.

Maybe the lady can inform her relative (by marriage) and follow Pheu Thai influencial the Dept PM and MoFA Surapong where her fugitive brother will be. The worthy gentleman doesn't seem to know where to sent the request for extradition to

Yaowapha said as she presided over the opening of a Pheu Thai office in Ubon Ratchathani.

Maybe the lady can inform her relative (by marriage) and follow Pheu Thai influencial the Dept PM and MoFA Surapong where her fugitive brother will be. The worthy gentleman doesn't seem to know where to sent the request for extradition to

Nope she has no idea where the fugitive is. Just ask her. I'm sure you will get an honest answer. Too bad I cannot bring up the emotion icons on this iPad.

Don't understand this.

He's got a passport, he doesn't need a visa, why not just come over and meet his fans in Mae Sai instead of making them traipse over the border to see him?

It's not like he's going to get arrested or anything.

Because he is a coward, thats why.

So will he be charging the faithful $200-per-head for a 'Meet with Thaksin' all-you-can-eat-buffet this time again ?

I think his sister is in charge of the all-you-can-eat-buffet

Thaksin's sister Yaowapha Wongsawat asked Thaksin's supporters to see him in Tachilek.

1413.jpg

ISN Hot News (Thai) Nov. 3, 2012

http://www.isnhotnew...à¸"-10-พ-ย/

Edited by Buchholz

So will he be charging the faithful $200-per-head for a 'Meet with Thaksin' all-you-can-eat-buffet this time again ?

Quite capable of organizing an excellent more-than-you-should-eat-buffet I would say.

1413.jpg

http://www.isnhotnew...ew...0-à¸-ย/

Since we are being rude here, in a humourous way of course,why not:

"I think his sister is in charge of the all-you-can-eat-buff et aloes"

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 2

So the Red Shirts, AKA the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship going to Myanmar to see Thaksin, I suppose to boo at him after cozying up with the dictator ruling the brutal Myanmar junta, right?

Right?

Not to worry, all under control. Asked about media reports that he would travel to Tachilek to oversee safety for Thaksin’s stay, Defence Minister ACM Sukumpol said he would tell the press later whether he will go when Thaksin’s visit draws nearer. The MoD was also confident the Myanmar authorities would be able to handle it well with their well known efficient military and police forces wink.png

Translation=

Your right. But this is crazy. We have a Thai MP encouraging even more people to go and support a convicted criminal and fugitive - surely this undermines the judicial system and break some law?

Montenegro was happy to issue him a passport, no doubt on some form of investor class residency, which many former communist countries now do. Presumably he stays in Dubai courtesy of some donations to the bankrupt Mahktoum clan - another meglamaniac. Wonder what his visa says or his he doing border runs? All takes lots of money so he needs constant replenishment of funds.

The UK and USA have made him welcome too - hedging their bets in case he does rerturn - a "friendly" dictator better than unfreindly democracy scenario.

No one seems to care that he his a conviceted criminal, fugitive from justice, and facing more outstanding court cases and warrants, either in or outside Thailand. No wonder he thinks he's immune and untouchable!

Well actually the states just let him in they didn't go out of their way to make him feel welcome. I believe he left early.

"a second bridge,........ would be open to provide convenience to the visitors"

A much better idea than having them crap in the streets like they did in BKK.

I checked like this. Just wanted to let you know I really liked it.clap2.gif I bet it brings back fond memories for some of the red shirts.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

1413.jpg

http://www.isnhotnew...0-พ-ย/

So thats how Yingluck will look in a couple of years?w00t.gifbah.gif

Translation=

Chill out...

Nobody cares that he is a convicted "criminal", indeed. Don't you get it?

The only ones who care are the Democrats who can't swallow their political defeat(s) and behave like kids, and a bunch of blind farangs who are unable analyze the real situation. The rest of the Thai people and the rest of the whole world would like Thailand to move forward.

You are probably among those who have nothing against a retired general openly calling for yet another coup, but it is time for all sides to find a way out of the big mess that the previous coup generated.

Once the Democrats will start to behave like adults in the interest of the country we will finally see hope for an improvement. And, thank god, farangs have nothing to say in this process.

Edited by gerry1011

Translation=

Chill out...

The only ones who care are the Democrats who can't swallow their political defeat(s) and behave like kids, and a bunch of blind farangs who are unable analyze the real situation. The rest of the Thai people and the rest of the whole world would like Thailand to move forward.

You are probably among those who have nothing against a retired general openly calling for yet another coup, but it is time for all sides to find a way out of the big mess that the previous coup generated.

Once the Democrats will start to behave like adults in the interest of the country we will finally see hope for an improvement. And, thank god, farangs have nothing to say in this process.

You are a funny man. PT have been in power for 14 months and if no one cared weather Thaksin was a convicted criminal He would be back here doing his own talking. Why do you think he got a mouth piece for PM.

Just a clue you are on a English web site we don't get many Thai's here and it is Thai's that are stopping his return.

What country do you com from where it is OK for a convicted criminal to run the government openly using a clone for his or her's mouth piece. Just curious. whistling.gif

• Like 1

1413.jpg

http://www.isnhotnew...0-พ-ย/

Miss Piggy Thai

• Like 1

Chill out...

"Nobody cares that he is a convicted "criminal"" ... Quite a few Thais care about that.

"The rest of the Thai people and the rest of the whole world would like Thailand to move forward." ... The people that support Thaksin seem to want to move back to 2006. A lot of people want to move forward WITHOUT Thaksin.

The "big mess" was generated before the coup. And the Democrats are behaving like adults. They just don't see that there will be improvement by whitewashing Thaksin's crimes.

Actually most Thais (on all sides) would like to see Thaksin come back and go through the courts facing all his charges not just the one he was bang to rights for last time.

Rewriting the laws after the fact won't solve anything.