webfact

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And from another thread on Thai News

BANGKOK, Nov 5 - Thai Defence Minister Sukumpol Suwanatat said he has not been informed of a possible assassination attempt against convicted ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra who is to visit Myanmar this week , but he said it is the responsibility of the Myanmar authorities to provide security for him.

A pity that Chalerm blows the Governments own Defence Minister out of the water by issuing a contrary statement. Thailand, the hub of tangled webs of deceit!

Actually it is Thailand the country with a government spokes person who has a skin full of ear medicine.

But it dosen't matter because the Finance Minister says it is OK for the Government to lie.

• Like 1

TS's head is in the clouds, he thinks that if he continues to ignore the law of Thailand and pretends that he represents the country in some way (as a criminal on the run) that his convictions will disappear, he simply refuses to comply with the law and the courts and to add insult to injury he is pulling the strings in the Thai government using the riches he corruptly stole from the people to pay his way to power- what other democratic country in the world put up with this crap, I also believe he is in receipt of some of the billions being siphonded off from government projects - like the recently uncovered 16 billion baht in HK, he is destroying this country and by the time people realise what he's done it will be too late - quite literally the single biggest criminal scam in Thailands history

• Like 2

@tulsathit

According to Panthongtae, there have been 4-5 attempts on Thaksin's life, "and if I don't speak out there can b 6-7-8 till my dad's gone."

So please don't speak out Panthongtae, the people don't want to wait that long.

Perhaps no. 6 will be a success and Panthongtae won't need to tweet about nos. 7 through 8.

Just wondering what it would be like when he finally comes back after changing the constitution to make his conviction illegal. Will the police have to round up all the people on their lists of known gunmen, instead of letting them run around as usual? Then there's all the army sharpshooters and the guy who took out Seh Daeng. Can't wait for all the assassination plots and rumours.

Edited by Arkady

@tulsathit

Love this Panthongtae's quote: I know you (Reds) want to see him in the flesh. But I'm afraid if he goes there you might not see him alive.

@tulsathit

Panthongtae to Thaksin: If you think it's safe to go to Tachilek, I and Aim and Ink will be there too.

@tulsathit

Thai govt has backed up Thaksin's son on his "suspicion" of assassination plot, saying investigation on-going.

@tulsathit

Thaksin's Tachilek plan in doubt after his son begged him not to go & threatened to "take all my sisters there" if TS insists on coming.

@tulsathit

TR @WassanaNanuam: Sukampol: If I asked Oak not to write ab attempts to kill TS, I'd have to ask hundreds others. Just ignore it.

@tulsathit

According to Panthongtae, there have been 4-5 attempts on Thaksin's life, "and if I don't speak out there can b 6-7-8 till my dad's gone."

@tulsathit

Panthongtae, on his FB, claims he learned of the Thaksin assassination plot from "authorities".

@tulsathit

Thaksin's son Panthongtae claims war weapons reportedly seized in Tachilek this weekend were part of plot to kill his dad.

Sounds like Thaksin had a reason to cancel his trip and decided this excuse would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

TS in a interview recently with Forbes claimed he is the "thinker" of his party. He thinks, the others act... Nevertheless I still claim a leveled view is what is needed; his opponents bills and contacts might be older and fading - most do not think of think of the people we have learned to love: living today, for today and if you smile to them you still get a great smile back! Sure, most of us have been railroaded - but give me a better place to share a laugh and a good meal for 30 Baht + 1 for the nam kaeng???

Obviously I don't believe Chalerm. I also don't believe Pangthontae as it happens.

I do think that Thailand would certainly be better off with Thaksin out of the equation. But an assassination would not take him out of the equation and I highly doubt his opponents don't know that. The only person with interests in an "assassination attempt" on Thaksin, is Thaksin.

TS in a interview recently with Forbes claimed he is the "thinker" of his party. He thinks, the others act... Nevertheless I still claim a leveled view is what is needed; his opponents bills and contacts might be older and fading - most do not think of think of the people we have learned to love: living today, for today and if you smile to them you still get a great smile back! Sure, most of us have been railroaded - but give me a better place to share a laugh and a good meal for 30 Baht + 1 for the nam kaeng???

This seems to be some type of stream of consciousness. What are exactly are you trying to say?

• Like 1

Bla bla bla. The previous "attempt" was a fraud, too. They caught a guy in a car outside his house in BKK when he was still in power. The guy's been sitting outside his house for 3!!! hours in plain sight before he was finally arrested. In his car they found a bomb, wait for it, the bomb was not assembled. According to the bomb disposal team it would've taken 30 minutes to get it live. Nonetheless the next day Thaksin was like someone tried to kill me with a bomb. Thank god we got him in time! ;-)

This is just another attempt to get his name into the paper and to fish for sympathy from his peers. An extremely ridiculous attempt, I might add.

the previous "attempt" was alleged to have been involved with pallop.

you know, the same guy who was involved in quite a few coups and who was subsequently given the job of public relations adviser to that fantastatic stem of democracy, the ISOC of thailand, after the 2006 thaksin coup, that's after he openly threatened him with a coup btw.

the same ISOC that thaksin planned a major restructuring of prior to the coup.

the same ISOC that suddenly gained massive power over various institutions of thailand post coup under the junta.

it was only his personal driver caught sitting in the car, so i suppose the link to him is pretty loose eh.

and the only people who say the bombs weren't assembled are him and the junta who released the three suspects after they took the country.

how they knew that? i honestly don't know, maybe someone can help me out with that one, and that's a straight question hoping for a straight answer.

Edited by nurofiend
  • Like 1

"Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra hopes assassins will stop hunting him, and a deal can be arranged allowing him to dodge imprisonment and return home a free man.

Mr. Thaksin also hopes his enemies will stop accusing him of presiding over a regime which allegedly included 2,600 extrajudicial executions during his failed "war on drugs" in 2003, plus personal corruption and other wrongdoing...... "He has already told the media that he is willing to return, to go through the judicial process," said Defense Minister Sukumpol Suwanatat in April.

That newest scenario apparently would include a fresh trial for the real estate deal, with different judges, amid speculation that even a guilty verdict should result merely in a fine, and not imprisonment.

I managed to escape four (now 5) assassination attempts, thanks to my good luck and a good amulet," which he believes can protect him, Mr. Thaksin said without elaborating on the murderous attempts.

"I have not harmed anyone or done anything wrong. I want to return home when I will be able to freely walk its streets, not drive around in an armored car..............http://www.scoop.co....in-thailand.htm

Edited by waza

While the useful idiot red shirts were baking in the sun eating dried fish getting ready to be sacrificed for the dear leader's cause which so far has failed.

"While the useful idiot red shirts were baking in the sun eating dried fish"

nice one.

What the poster of that "hilarious" quip fails to realize is that this kind of comment is in itself an explanation for Thaksin's rise to power and the Red shirts.

Edited by firestar
  • Like 2

You people are pretty amazing...........

A constant stream of pathetic, school boy comments.

Almost amusing to read but no thought to the consequences for Thailand should he be assassinated ( murdered ).

It would almost certainly tip the country towards more strife and division and other than the folks on here, who in their right mind wants that ???

As for the nutter who wishes to donate to a "hit fund", well, that's just another fruit cake.

I disagree. More likely without the constant distraction of Thaksin's violent and devisive doctrine and methods, various groups would find common ground and move forward.

• Like 2

While the useful idiot red shirts were baking in the sun eating dried fish getting ready to be sacrificed for the dear leader's cause which so far has failed.

"While the useful idiot red shirts were baking in the sun eating dried fish"

nice one.

What the poster of that "hilarious" quip fails to realize is that this kind of comment is in itself an explanation for Thaksin's rise to power and the Red shirts.

Goh, how one can be mistaken. Here I am, believing k. Thaksin rose to power in a way which had nothing at all to do with red-shirts. I always thought it was because in 1996/1997 he promised to solve Bangkok's traffic problem which indeed happened a few months after he resigned. Thanks to be economical crisis that is, which saw some bankrupted and some not. Let that be a lesson to all, replace the batteries in your crystal ball regularly tongue.png

curious how this Corrupt Regime allows all of this public criticism... The last Corrupt Regime certainly never did, with all kinds of Censorship and Charges.

I thought their would be a replacement set of govt Toadies from the last set. I was wrong. This Corrupt Regime, likely, sees Public Criticism as insipid.

If ONLY y'all knew what they have planned, but it can't be Discussed.

Better luck next time!

Why is it y'all - a lot of you anyway - are as hot-tempered on this topic as the many "jai-ron" (rawn, I guess for Brits and such...)? It's still old against new money, more or less - it still baffles me that the leftists mostly chose the "New" money - allthough "new" seems a bit more ruthless; might be better at doing the freebee stunts? Whatever: none of them, and Mr. T. the least care about the people!

Changes will only come with the grass-roots better educated and a growing middle-class tiring of handing out tea-money. You all can do your bit by not siding with you're idiot brother-in-law or whoever, stop barking up all the wrong trees and do as you're mother should have taught you: You don't all sound like you passed grade-school but I assume you have, so: Lend the coloured shirt discussions a voice of reason! Ask you're brother-in-law or whoever why politicians no matter color are so filthy rich? I a country where drug-lords, politicians, army and police control most of the country a fair country? Be a voice of reason, and hopefully this way of thought will spread. All you English-teachers have a mission, don't miss the opportunity to maybe make a difference.

And by the way: according to a very reliable source: T. was in Myanmar last week...

If I sound angry it is because I am. And unless we are talking about the Mr. T with gold chains and a mohawk, then he can die in a fire...slow...screaming.

Bangkok is my home, and I sat here and watched it burn when the red shirt terrorists he paid came in from East Whatdaphukaburi to burn down my city and murder innocent civilians, police and soldiers alike.

• Like 2

UPDATE

FUGITIVE EX-PM

Thaksin cancels trip to Tachilek

The Nation

30193745-01_big.jpg

Thaksin's Children

BANGKOK: -- Panthongtae's claim of plot to kill his father given as reason; NSC chief changes stance after Chalerm lunch

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has cancelled his plan to visit Tachilek near the Thai border to meet red shirts following reports of an assassination plot against him, a source close to him said yesterday.

The source said Thaksin would visit Myanmar on Thursday as scheduled but would not visit Tachilek - a border town across a small river from Mae Sai in Chiang Rai - on Friday and Saturday as announced earlier.

Many red-shirt supporters were reported to have booked hotels in Mae Sai, hoping to cross the border to meet the former PM in Tachilek.

The source said it was not yet certain how many days Thaksin would spend in Myanmar.

Claims of an assassination plot were posted on Facebook by Thaksin's son Panthongtae on Sunday after a Shan man was arrested in Tachilek on Friday with an assortment of war weapons, including RPG rocket launchers.

Panthongtae said some people had hired the Shan man to kill Thaksin with an RPG rocket. Panthongtae insisted yesterday the plot was real. He posted a note on his Facebook wall, urging the red shirts to tell Thaksin to cancel his visit to Tachilek and telling them to wait to meet his father somewhere else more safe.

Panthongtae said he and his two sisters would travel to be with Thaksin in Tachilek if his father declined to cancel the planned visit.

"I would like to say that although Dad is not afraid, your three children fear that your life would be in danger," Panthongtae said on his Facebook wall.

"Dad, if you think it's really safe, I, Aim and Ink [two daughters of Thaksin] will be there with you."

National Security Council secretary-general Paradorn Pattanathabutr made an about-face yesterday over the alleged plot, which cast doubt on the claim.

Paradorn told reporters in the morning the plot had no grounds but later in the day, he changed his words after he was summoned to a meeting with Deputy Premier Chalerm Yoobamrung at noon.

Also attending the lunch was Metropolitan Police chief Pol Lt Gen Khamronwit Thoopkrajang.

After the lunch, Paradorn said the discovery of war weapons was related to Thaksin's planned visit to Tachilek.

Paradorn said intelligence information of the NSC and investigations by the Provincial Police Bureau 5 indicated there was a plot to assassinate Thaksin.

"Shortly after the arrest, the man said it was related but now it is in the process of being investigated.

"From the available information, we must regard that there were grounds for the plot but we are investigating more for further information. The area is sensitive and we are in the process of proposing safety measures - not just for the former leader but for Thais who would cross the border to be there."

While the NSC chief said the plot had grounds, Defence Minister ACM Sukampol Suwannathat said the reports were groundless.

"You must ask for more information from Panthongtae, as I have no idea," Sukampol replied when asked about the reports.

He said the discovery of war weapons was just a coincidence with Thaksin's planned visit.

"From what I have learned, the two incidents were not related. You should not report that they were related as they were not," Sukampol had said.

Sukampol said Thai officials had no authority over Tachilek so they could not be present to maintain security for Thaksin and Thais.

Chalerm, meanwhile, said he had instructed the commissioner of Provincial Police Bureau 5 to coordinate with the Myanmar authorities to seek more details.

Chalerm said he learned that the suspect had retracted his words so the Thai police were waiting for more information from their Myanmar counterparts.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11-06

Bla bla bla. The previous "attempt" was a fraud, too. They caught a guy in a car outside his house in BKK when he was still in power. The guy's been sitting outside his house for 3!!! hours in plain sight before he was finally arrested. In his car they found a bomb, wait for it, the bomb was not assembled. According to the bomb disposal team it would've taken 30 minutes to get it live. Nonetheless the next day Thaksin was like someone tried to kill me with a bomb. Thank god we got him in time! ;-)

This is just another attempt to get his name into the paper and to fish for sympathy from his peers. An extremely ridiculous attempt, I might add.

the previous "attempt" was alleged to have been involved with pallop.

you know, the same guy who was involved in quite a few coups and who was subsequently given the job of public relations adviser to that fantastatic stem of democracy, the ISOC of thailand, after the 2006 thaksin coup, that's after he openly threatened him with a coup btw.

the same ISOC that thaksin planned a major restructuring of prior to the coup.

the same ISOC that suddenly gained massive power over various institutions of thailand post coup under the junta.

it was only his personal driver caught sitting in the car, so i suppose the link to him is pretty loose eh.

and the only people who say the bombs weren't assembled are him and the junta who released the three suspects after they took the country.

how they knew that? i honestly don't know, maybe someone can help me out with that one, and that's a straight question hoping for a straight answer.

hahaha.... Pallop AKA Panlop and Thaksin somehow worked out their differences...

He's the one standing next to his buddy on a visit to Dubai.

Thaksin's magnanimous generosity in forgiveness rivals the previous Pope.

OR...

it was a ridiculous scam from the git go.

Here's the laughable assassin with Red Shirt Leaders and their mutual boss.

Thaksin reconciled with his "assassin" Panlop

hardcorered-300x225.jpg

Panlop, Thaksin, Sae Daeng

Arisaman, Issan Rambo

Edited by Buchholz

How fast we or you all forget the good things he did for Thailand. If you all hate him so much then just move back to your own country. People seem to always judge a person before they know all the facts. And I must admit that 90% of you do that all the time here. When will you all grow up - I mean your minds grow up. But I kow that is immpossible for you too do.

Why all the crying and disbelief?

Back a couple weeks when the Dems put out the even more bizarre theory that Tahksin was behind the 'Men In Black' the Leo brigade seemed to believe it was a fact biggrin.png

Just a Tuesday morning, and hey what about those Sea Squawks last weekend?! Russell is looking every bit the QB of the future

How fast we or you all forget the good things he did for Thailand. If you all hate him so much then just move back to your own country. People seem to always judge a person before they know all the facts. And I must admit that 90% of you do that all the time here. When will you all grow up - I mean your minds grow up. But I kow that is immpossible for you too do.

Where should the millions of Thais that hate move to?

<i>Sent from my HTC phone.</i>

• Like 1