Loy Krathong In Kanchanaburi

Fatdog

Hi,

The wife and I are coming to Kanchanaburi for Loy Krathong.

As this is a first for us, we usually stay in Bangkok, I thought I would ask you locals if there is anything organized there for Loy Krathong.

We are staying at the Felix Resort so I would imagine they will have something organized, but we would prefer to be in town.

If anybody knows anything can you please share.

Thanks for any info.

FD

smile.png

Hi Fatdog,

Good that you are staying to the Felix away from the floating Restaurants which are on the town side of this most Famous Bridge over the River Khwae (Kwai) as your wife's and your Krathong will flow very nicely down under this bridge.

A moment that should never be forgotten.

All said and done, that is what I think you should do.

Have a great time and "Welcome to (The) Land Peace and Love".

large.jpg

Win wai.gif

Hi Win,

I never really thought about it that way.

It seems quite appropriate, as my Grand Father died working on the railway or the bridge, I am not sure which.

According to my Mother who is now passed away, he was buried in a corner of a paddy field some where in Thailand.

Thanks for your reply and in-put; I think that is what we will do.

FD

• Like 1

If your grandfather died as a POW whilst working on the railway, the chances are that his remains are in one of the war grave cemeteries as the bodies of soldiers were all exhumed from their original grave plots after the war and brought to one of the war cemeteries. You can check for more information by visiting the Thailand-Burma Railway Centre which is situated adjacent to the main war cemetery in town. Speak to either Terry or Andrew upstairs and they can check on their database.

• Like 1