200 Dogs Saved From Meat Market: Nakhon Phanom

webfact

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai dogs don't like me and the feeling is mutual. I too have to carry a stick when I ride my bike around the village. I always enjoy watching the nasty little animals going on holiday in the dog truck. Properly cooked they make good eating so its a win win situation.

yes. eat them up or control them! there are no other ways.

and if you it chicken, beef aso. then you can eat dogs as well. animals are animals.

• Like 1

NAKHON PHANOM, Nov 8 -- Some 200 dogs were rescued ..........................

.................... finding dogs crammed into 40 cages, seven to 10 dogs per cage.

A lot must have been dead already.

Since the last big arrest, nobody comes to our village to swap buckets etc for dogs.

This has resulted in the growth of the canine population, larger and more aggressive packs. It's only a matter of time before somebody is seriously injured or killed by these animals. I have to carry a stick with me when I walk to certain areas.

It is not a very nice trade, but at least it helps to control the dog population. Without it, people need to take responsibility for their animals, especially the bitches.

Other then the stick, what are you doing to help? The Pollution Solution Group admits that there is a problem with way to many dogs, If the complainers (Farangs) would get together in each community, (Village) donate, find a vet that will give a good price and start getting them spayed, nurtured, in the meantime give some food and water to keep them friendly rather then a threat...

By reaching out, we can all make a difference...

There is way to many, talking the talk, never walking the walk, be part of the solution and while your out there, if you see any dangers to our Children, Wildlife, Waterways, Soil, remove them, might as well get some needed exercise while your walking the walk...Remember Inner-Wealth must be earned, you can't buy it.

What a wonderful thing, It is never to late to start giving back. Happy trails, "NOW" Is The "ONLY" Time There Is.

Kapun Krup, Mahalo, Thank You

If you give food to a dog, you will never get rid of it.

I have 4 dogs that I give food to, they don't belong to me, but have adopted me.

I understand that dog owners can have their animals spayed for free under a government scheme, but they are too lazy or simply can't be bothered to take advantage of it. The bitch that eats at our house has contraceptive injections arranged by me.

I wish the would go back to the old way and allow it, we have too many ferals running amok in my village and the neighboriing one. You cannot go outside at night when they are running, they attack other dogs and cats and livestock as well. We even have a neighborhood watch that tries to chase them away because of the pack being 20 + strong. The local cops do nothing, what I wouldn't give for a 12 ga, right now!

.................... finding dogs crammed into 40 cages, seven to 10 dogs per cage.

Since the last big arrest, nobody comes to our village to swap buckets etc for dogs.

This has resulted in the growth of the canine population, larger and more aggressive packs. It's only a matter of time before somebody is seriously injured or killed by these animals. I have to carry a stick with me when I walk to certain areas.

It is not a very nice trade, but at least it helps to control the dog population. Without it, people need to take responsibility for their animals, especially the bitches.

Other then the stick, what are you doing to help? The Pollution Solution Group admits that there is a problem with way to many dogs, If the complainers (Farangs) would get together in each community, (Village) donate, find a vet that will give a good price and start getting them spayed, nurtured, in the meantime give some food and water to keep them friendly rather then a threat...

By reaching out, we can all make a difference...

There is way to many, talking the talk, never walking the walk, be part of the solution and while your out there, if you see any dangers to our Children, Wildlife, Waterways, Soil, remove them, might as well get some needed exercise while your walking the walk...Remember Inner-Wealth must be earned, you can't buy it.

What a wonderful thing, It is never to late to start giving back. Happy trails, "NOW" Is The "ONLY" Time There Is.

Kapun Krup, Mahalo, Thank You

If you give food to a dog, you will never get rid of it.

I have 4 dogs that I give food to, they don't belong to me, but have adopted me.

I understand that dog owners can have their animals spayed for free under a government scheme, but they are too lazy or simply can't be bothered to take advantage of it. The bitch that eats at our house has contraceptive injections arranged by me.

Please send me info on the injections, if it is permanent.

]Dogs were here way before us Farangs arrived[/b] and will be after we are gone, deal with it, help, take some time out of your ever so busy lives and give a little help.

So were cochroaches and mosquitoes, but I do not see that as good reason stop using insecticide

• Like 1

I think there are nicer ways to control the dog population neutering being one of them. Apart if people have emotional problems with it but why does nobody breed dogs in Vietnam?

Sometimes I prefer the dogs to the people. I have found that the majority of dogs will get out of the way when they see a high-speed metal box on wheels coming right at them. However, there are many people here that seem to have been born without that instinct.

I wish the dog truck would come by my house though. The MIL's 2 bitches had about a dozen babies and I need some spoons. I have enough ice buckets.

• Like 1

I agree. Where I live, the dogs run wild and I always carry a stick to protect myself.

Even the Thais have had enough, as the other day someone killed most of the dogs that used to hang out locally.

• Like 1

if you give food to a dog, you will never get rid of it.

Please send me info on the injections, if it is permanent.

Not permanent, lasts about 6 months, your vet will know about it. Costs about 50 Baht

reading through these posts I am dismayed at the macho 'I hate dogs stuff'. Plenty of dogs in our village, the aggressive ones have been eaten over the generations, leaving a 'I hope you didn't hurt your hand when you hit me' race. It isn't the dogs, it's the owners .

They are the guys that should be punished, not the dogs.

• Like 1

There is a complete lack of respect for living beings in most Buddhist countries. Dognappers, wildlife traffickers but also drivers ferrying pigs from place A to B in incredible small cages should be packed in small crates or cages and driven the same way from the North of Thailand to the South of Thailand without giving them any food, water or rest. It's my pleasure to volunteer as a driver of these people.

Wouldn't putting people in small crates or cages and driving them around show a complete lack of respect for living beings?

200 dogs saved... what will happen to them, they will probably get euthanized (i.e. killed) anyway.

I don't understand the post saying that eating them after they die is cruel - they are dead at that point and it doesn't matter much.

After all, the natural way for an animal to die is normally to end up in another animal's belly - munched alive, if I may add.

Stealing dogs and selling them across the border is very despicable and should be punished with harsh sentences.

But I cannot see why eating dog or selling them for food is such a big deal - we also eat birds, cows, veals, pigs, frogs, chicken, rabbit, horse, etc.

Together with my father in our garden back in Europe I used to shoot rabbits in the head with a .22 LR and then we would make pastries.

Of course this wouldn't go down well with people keeping pet rabbits at home, I can understand that.

But demanding a general ban on eating rabbit just because some people love their rabbits is a bit over the top. Same with dog/cat meat?

Edited by manarak

Dogs are supposed to be Wolves. The humans that took Wolves as slaves and over the centuries weakened the breed to what are now pet dogs are responsible for this cruelty. Current dog owners are still carrying on this horrendous practice of Wolf slavery. They are weak domesticated dogs, that are unable to take care of themselves in the wild. Shame on you Dog Owners. You are responsible for this situation.

Edited by I Like Thai

I agree. Where I live, the dogs run wild and I always carry a stick to protect myself.

Even the Thais have had enough, as the other day someone killed most of the dogs that used to hang out locally.

If only the govenment would care to do something about all the street dogs.

There is a complete lack of respect for living beings in most Buddhist countries. Dognappers, wildlife traffickers but also drivers ferrying pigs from place A to B in incredible small cages should be packed in small crates or cages and driven the same way from the North of Thailand to the South of Thailand without giving them any food, water or rest. It's my pleasure to volunteer as a driver of these people.

Agree but the dog problem can be dealt with if only the politicians would care about it.

Thai dogs don't like me and the feeling is mutual. I too have to carry a stick when I ride my bike around the village. I always enjoy watching the nasty little animals going on holiday in the dog truck. Properly cooked they make good eating so its a win win situation.

Oooh. I think you must be a very bad man. Even worser than the Wicked Witches. BITE HIM TOTO!!!

Yes lets kill anything that might annoy you.

The dog collectors can take my neighbours to Vietnam or wherever & beat them to death & eat them. I'm not talking about the dogs, I'm talking about my neighbours, 'cos with their constant burning, they're killing my family slowly......

• Like 1