Allegations Of Assault Of 7 Year Old Student By Pattaya School Teacher

Rimmer

Allegations of assault of 7 year old student by Pattaya School teacher

school-1-270x200.jpg

PATTAYA:--A Grandmother complained to journalists on Thursday about allegations of assault by a teacher on her 7 year old grandson who attends a government-run Pattaya School. The incident is thought to have occurred on 5th November and the teacher has been identified as Khun Natagan aged 51. Evidence of severe bruising on the child’s shoulder was presented to us and a report of the alleged incident has now been made at Pattaya Police Station.

The teacher is alleged to have hit the boy numerous times across the shoulder with a metal ruler after he failed to complete his homework to an acceptable level.

Initially a complaint was made to the Director of the school but no action was taken with regards to the allegations. It is now hoped that Police will investigate the allegations and in the meantime the boy’s family have requested he be transferred to another school with immediate effect.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/65358/allegations-assault-7-year-student-pattaya-school-teacher/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-11-08

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

My girlfriends kids used to return home from school in Bangkok with various cuts and bruises compliments of the teachers "disciplining" them.....as did the monks when they spent a few weeks at the Wat as does their grandma when they're at home ......now they're teenagers it's the local motorcycle gangs and the local cops that beat them up and rob them....such is their urban existence in LOS.

Edited by borisloosebrain

My girl friend told me that her daughter had her hair "hacked" off by a teacher because the teacher said it was too long.

Yet here in the UK a teacher has been suspended, prosecuted, will almost certainly loose their job and never allowed to teach again for hitting a pupal over the head with a paper folder.

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2012/11/03/tipton-teacher-hit-boy-in-class/

There are lots of problems in Pattaya with abusive teachers and the police and mayor doing nothing about it. It was quite a stink on the mayor's facebook page for a while, and like everything else important, he blew it off. There is even video of teachers beating students and no one will do anything about it.

This is one of those times, since the law will not help you, where the parents or someone on behalf of the child, needs to go to school and beat the day lights out of the teacher.

• Like 1

There are lots of problems in Pattaya with abusive teachers and the police and mayor doing nothing about it. It was quite a stink on the mayor's facebook page for a while, and like everything else important, he blew it off. There is even video of teachers beating students and no one will do anything about it.

This is one of those times, since the law will not help you, where the parents or someone on behalf of the child, needs to go to school and beat the day lights out of the teacher.

How can the law help you when the people who represent the law are the problem.

Do you think beating the teacher will teach the abused student ... and fellow students ... what they need to learn from this incident? While I'd like to whack the teacher myself, there are other methods to teach the teacher ... but more violence is not the way. Vengeance is best served slowly and cold.

We had a problem with a Thai teacher (at an expensive private school) assaulting my daughter. She squeezed her earlobe causing a bloodblister. My daughter was 4 at the time. European teachers at the school told us that this particulart lady had a history of shouting and bullying small children. Kicking the living daylights out of her may have been the first reaction, but violence is not the right choice. A meeting with the school owner and head of programme achieved better results. The teacher was severly demoted to a junior position and warned she would be closely monitored and dismissed for anymore breaches. I and the school owner were in favour of instant dismissal. My wife, a qualified and experienced teacher and the head of programme successfully argued for the demotion and one more chance. Now I realise they were right. The loss of face and being seen to have been demoted into a much more junior position is much worse punishment than giving her a good belting! My daughter had only asked a question whilst the teacher was hanging a Christmas decoration, which apparently annoyed her.

On the other side, I know my wife would hit children, and indeed does with our own, if she thought they were not trying hard enough. This seems an acceptable practice in many Asian and developing countries.

My girl friend told me that her daughter had her hair "hacked" off by a teacher because the teacher said it was too long.

I have also seen this ... tried to get something done about it but the boy's grandmother guardian wouldn't do anything as she also felt the lads hair was too long.

The length of someones hair has nothing to do with their abilities as a student. However the "hacking" off of a students hair by a teacher has a lot to say about the abilities of the teacher.