British Ambassador Replies To Complaints About Pattaya Consulate Closure

webfact

Seems like someone forgot to take into account the ' difficult access, cramped public area, noisy and hot environment, operating from a single room lacking basic facilities and limited security ' when they chose this office in the first place. There are plenty of other premises available near to Soi 5 Immigration ( but not quite as close as the existing but soon to close office ).

The 90 report has absolutely nothing to do with any consulate it embassy. You don't even have to go yourself to report in. I send my wife to do the 90 day on my behalf but if you're not married you could just as easily send someone else you trust to not run of with your passport.

Oh yeah..we are talking brits here. Never mind.. keep winning, maybe the queen will make it all better for you. laugh.png

The 90 day report is not a matter of practicality it is a matter of morality.

Those 90 day's can be done via ... oneself, wife, friend, or postage, but the fact that innocent (foreign) people have to report their personal details with passport, and copies of passport every 90 days to the immigration police is a matter of morality, because this is regarded as a restrictive implementation of the annual visa, that is to say the visa is given under a 90 day parole in order to keep foreigners controlled and restricted.

The 90 report has absolutely nothing to do with any consulate it embassy. You don't even have to go yourself to report in. I send my wife to do the 90 day on my behalf but if you're not married you could just as easily send someone else you trust to not run of with your passport.

Oh yeah..we are talking brits here. Never mind.. keep winning, maybe the queen will make it all better for you. laugh.png

The 90 day report is not a matter of practicality it is a matter of morality.

It's simply a legal regulation by Immigration with no metaphysical implications whatsoever. Now, if you don't comply, then you'll be fined the next time your visa comes up for renewal. Most people regard their wallets as a matter of supreme practicality.

Those 90 day's can be done via ... oneself, wife, friend, or postage, but the fact that innocent (foreign) people

Oh, but the regulation applies to the guilty as well as the innocent, pal.

the visa is given under a 90 day parole in order to keep foreigners controlled and restricted.

Nonsense. There's no "parole" and 90-day reporting doesn't affect your visa. In fact you don't even have to comply: just pay the fine instead, as many do. Or, you can just leave Thailand before your visa/extension expires and come back. Furthermore there are no controls or restrictions on where you may reside except for, say, a Thai military base. smile.png

Next whinge.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

will we certainly do our best to keep winning, thanks for the encouragement.wai.gif